General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Wisamic LED Headlights? Currently $36 at Amazon.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 04:56 PM
Saloondawg
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got one from Amazon and put it in my Breakout a couple of months ago. Glad I did, lights up the night.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:04 PM
Bill48066
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Just put one on my 2017 XL883L now my speedometer backlight is intermittent. Anyone else seen this issue?

Old 05-18-2018, 03:59 PM
ktp1598
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

In the short time I had mine it was perfect.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:04 PM
ScreaminChicano
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got one for my wife's 48, it was a different name though. Great bang for the buck headlight. I just wish someone would make a cheaper one for the Rushmore road glide! Lol $900 no thanks!

Old 05-18-2018, 07:46 PM
4 inch pistons
Road Master
Received 141 Likes on 81 Posts

I feel cheated I paid $40 shipped for mine on eBay.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:04 PM
M18A1
Tourer

Received 281 Likes on 108 Posts

I put one in my 98 fxstc. It woks great. Athough adjusting the light via the adjuster screws doesn't really seem to do a whole lot. I had better results moving the entire headlight up or down.

Old 09-09-2018, 08:03 AM
tcatnat
Road Master
Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse
The real question is which one of all these nock off / replaca head lights is the best . You really like the one you just received. But I saw the Liteway 80 watt 5.75 for $43.00 and it looks like it puts out more light and has the same Osram chip and a 2 year warranty . So is there anyone with this headlight out there ?
Old thread I know but thanks for this. I was originally going to get a Custom Dynamics, then a Hogworkz, then I saw a bunch of posts here for Sunpie and Wisamic. Upon seeing your post and comparing the various knock-offs I went with the Liteway because it has slightly higher lumens in both low and high beam plus it is IP68 where there Wisamic is only IP65. I wonder if the IP65 rating is why some seem to have fogging issues with the Wisamic.

Old 09-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,173 Posts

Originally Posted by tcatnat
Old thread I know but thanks for this. I was originally going to get a Custom Dynamics, then a Hogworkz, then I saw a bunch of posts here for Sunpie and Wisamic. Upon seeing your post and comparing the various knock-offs I went with the Liteway because it has slightly higher lumens in both low and high beam plus it is IP68 where there Wisamic is only IP65. I wonder if the IP65 rating is why some seem to have fogging issues with the Wisamic.
Please make sure you come back and post a review on it . After you do some good night miles with it .

Old 09-17-2018, 12:32 PM
tcatnat
Road Master
Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Update: I ordered the Liteway two Sunday's ago and it came the next day, I was pleasantly surprised. Installation took less than 10 minutes and the light works as advertised. I have not had a chance to use it at night yet due to crappy weather and some other evening commitments but testing it in my garage at night I can say it's definitely brighter than the OEM and I like the whiter color.

Just don't have the brain lapse I had when installing:
  1. flip on the ignition to verify current light is working properly, Check.
  2. remove OEM light and plug in new Liteway, flip on the ignition and test before putting it back together, light works on high and low beam as expected.
  3. Put the light in its bucket and put the trim ring back on, flip the ignition and the light no longer works, WTF I just tested it.
  4. Disassemble, plug OEM back in and flip the ignition and crap, the OEM doesn't work now either and now notice front turn signals don't work either.
  5. Check fuses, all looks good, WTF is going on.
It took a little while but I finally realized that I was flipping the **** to accessory when I was in front of the bike instead of ignition. I blame it on looking at it upside down from the front of the bike as opposed to sitting on the seat. Mock away.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:29 PM
Prof Rene
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,472 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by tcatnat
Update: I ordered the Liteway two Sunday's ago and it came the next day, I was pleasantly surprised. Installation took less than 10 minutes and the light works as advertised. I have not had a chance to use it at night yet due to crappy weather and some other evening commitments but testing it in my garage at night I can say it's definitely brighter than the OEM and I like the whiter color.

Just don't have the brain lapse I had when installing:It took a little while but I finally realized that I was flipping the **** to accessory when I was in front of the bike instead of ignition. I blame it on looking at it upside down from the front of the bike as opposed to sitting on the seat. Mock away.

Okay, mocking done. I have done similar things before when working on something. I had changed the battery on my wife's old Sporty and when I put everything back together I had forgotten to reconnect the ground. I went nuts checking fuses and making sure that i had the switch on and all of that. My wife asked did you connect the battery ( she knows I am cautious with electrical). My reply was of course I did, but here let me pull the cover and show you. For the next three hours on a ride I heard her mocking me to all of my riding friends. She is an evil one, but we all had a great laugh about it.

Quick Reply: Experience with Wisamic LED Headlights? Currently $36 at Amazon.