General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback on these open face helmets

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 01:39 PM
FlyLow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honey-begger.. Looking at the number of post you have made, I assume you sit around playing on your computer, or with yourself all day instead of getting out there riding.
It was 92f yesterday here in Louisiana, I met many other bikes as I rode, I don't recall any except the rice-rockets wit fullface helmets. Maybe up your way a FF is comfortable in the summer but not down here.
I did not get on here to call names, or insult others, I was trying to find a helmet to sell and represent to others that wants the best equipment for their riding pleasure as I do... So again read what my original post was all about it said nothing about a full-face
Don

here is the other bran in carbon fiber I am considering.
http://www.urbanrider.co.uk/hedon-he...nstn-8316.html

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-28-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:41 PM
Honey-Badger
Extreme HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyLow
Honey-begger.. Looking at the number of post you have made, I assume you sit around playing on your computer, or with yourself all day instead of getting out there riding.
It was 92f yesterday here in Louisiana, I met many other bikes as I rode, I don't recall any except the rice-rockets wit fullface helmets. Maybe up your way a FF is comfortable in the summer but not down here.
I did not get on here to call names, or insult others, I was trying to find a helmet to sell and represent to others that wants the best equipment for their riding pleasure as I do... So again read what my original post was all about it said nothing about a full-face
Don
Why are you calling names then... I suppose you are a poser and probably began riding during your middle age years. Do your own research. I suggested a FF because dudes like you become statistics, but you're right... honey badger don't give no ****.

The following users liked this post:
sparkalot (06-20-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

Wow! This thread is getting a bit rough!

As for what helmet I see being worn around the L.A. area. A 3/4 helmet is probably the least popular. Mine is mostly a dust collector, I wear it so rarely. Most folks either go with a Full Face, as I do, presumably for the safety factor -or- they choose a novelty/shorty helmet of some sort, for reasons that do not rank safety as high on their priority list. Full Face helmets are worn by quite a lot of folks; not just the sport bikes. In fact of all the folks that I know, and see, who ride Harley's (and it's a lot of folks), only about half, maybe less, wear something other than a Full Face. Stop by: The Rock Store, Hell's Kitchen, Neptune's Net, Cold Spring Tavern, Cooks Corner, Newcomb's Ranch, etc. on any weekend.

The following users liked this post:
Honey-Badger (06-19-2017)
Old 06-18-2017, 10:01 PM
bill from tn
Road Captain
Received 267 Likes on 115 Posts

I have been using the Bell 500 for about two years. As mentioned it is a little loud, has zero ventilation but it is my go to helmet during most riding I do.

It is light, fits my head comfortably and probably not as safe in a crash as a Shoei.
It does ride kind of tall and gives me a big head look, I really don't care about that, I am not into fashion.

One complaint is the brow is kind of low and pushes some glasses down on my nose. That can get annoying on all day rides. I just readjust it to relieve the pressure.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:35 AM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,199 Likes on 660 Posts

I have bell rogue 3/4 that ill sell amd ship at a good price if you have paypal or would send a money order. Its an xl. After getting my ff arai ill never wear it again.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:27 AM
RGlideryder
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I just bought the Bell 500 Carbon Fiber and really like it. It is kind of loud but I came over from a full face Bell so I expected it to be louder. Also, they say you should replace you helmet every 5 years and they are to go to every 3 years. I would say the helmet mfg'ers are pushing this.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:08 AM
lightweight bob
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 101 Posts

I'm not a brand loyal type of guy and helmet fit is most important to me. I have two
Nolan helmets - a modular and an open face that fit me the best.
Nolan N41 3/4 open face here -

Old 06-19-2017, 01:59 PM
GrandpaSpike
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Have a 3/4 Schuberth M1 with the Bluetooth thingy that I like pretty well.

Old 06-19-2017, 05:14 PM
Fla-kruzen
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought the Bell Pitboss helmet. Fits nice and has a ratchet adjustment in the back and flip-up shield.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:13 PM
tpitman
Cruiser
Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts

I picked up a Bell 500 last year from JP Cycles on sale for $49.00. They were getting rid of colors that weren't selling. I got the primer gray.
Hadn't had a 3/4 helmet in a long time, and this one is nice. Looks good, fits tight, I can wear my glasses without them beiong sucked off my face by the wind.
The pic was taken on last year's Distinguished Gentleman's Ride on my 86 Sportster.

Attached Thumbnails Feedback on these open face helmets-me-on-the-dgr-2016.png  

Quick Reply: Feedback on these open face helmets