Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Las Vegas rental (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1192931-las-vegas-rental.html)

nickrat 08-14-2017 10:03 PM

I rented a 2016 Limited from Eagle Rider Las Vegas in March of this year. They said they weren't renting the M8s yet which didn't really matter to me. The bike had around 6000 miles on it and I put another 1000 on it riding around Nevada, Arizona and California. I didn't have any problems with the bike or the rental process. I heard you should get there early to pick up your bike so I was there at 8am even though they don't open until 9. Many of their employees were already there and I was riding away before their 9am opening time. I wouldn't have any problem renting from them again. I'm not sure of the best day trips because we left Vegas as soon as I got the bike and wasn't back there for 4 days. The first day we hit Valley of Fire, went down around Lake Meade to Hoover dam, then across part of AZ so I'm sure you could make it back to Vegas in one day. I'd say go for it and enjoy.

big- mike 08-15-2017 07:20 AM

Thanks I figure my bike is a 2010 so anything newer would be great once I make my plane reservations I'll contact them and reserve a bike my daughter knows some riders out there so I'll get a plan for the whole day

nickrat 08-15-2017 08:08 AM

Also, if there is a certain bike you want, you can pay an extra $18 to guarantee that bike. My wife wanted to make sure she had her tourpack/wrap around backrest so I paid the extra.

vistavette 08-15-2017 12:44 PM

It will start cooling off here in mornings in September but the daytime temps are still pretty warm. For a great day ride you can ride through Lake Mead (enter from Henderson, continue through Overton (you can grab food at Sugars in Overton) and continue through Logandale where the road ends at I15. From there you can:
A: Turn around and do the ride again (its a great road and a total different view each way)
B: Hit the freeway back to Vegas
C: Continue on to Mesquite via I15 - exit at Littlefield AZ and follow old 91 into Gunlock State Park in UT and then to Veyo, UT for pie at Veyo Pie. If you chose to do this route about 23 miles after you exit Littlefield is a turn that is hard to see, almost a U-Turn. If you miss it you'll end up in St George, UT.

NMfxdf 08-15-2017 12:58 PM

A ride through the Valley of Fire, then down the shore of Lake Mead, road ends near the hoover dam, was a really nice ride while we were there in march.

big- mike 08-15-2017 01:01 PM

Cool sounds good I'll get a map and take a look is that pretty much a all day ride? I definitely wat to see the Dam and lake mead I hear it pretty cool

NMfxdf 08-15-2017 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by big- mike (Post 16532336)
Cool sounds good I'll get a map and take a look is that pretty much a all day ride? I definitely wat to see the Dam and lake mead I hear it pretty cool

Its not really all day, I want to say its like 15 mile ride on the highway from Las Vegas Motor speedway, then its 10 maybe 12 miles though valley of fire, they charge $5 a bike. then another 30 or 40 miles down to the dam. They charge $10 per bike to park by the way. We were there for the Nascar race so roundtrip from the speedway was just under 190 miles.

big- mike 08-15-2017 01:47 PM

That sounds like a good start to me thanks

HDavidA 08-15-2017 08:14 PM

I rented from both eagle rider and enterprise in las vegas. My only complaint with eagle rider was they they were unwilling to verify insurance coverage. they pressured me int taking theirs which was and additional $30 a day. Enterprise called and checked my insurance to confirm I had coverage. My advice, check with with your insurance and see of they can verify rental coverage and provide proof. I am renting agin in February and plan to do this.

big- mike 08-15-2017 08:45 PM

They told me if I used my insurance I had to leave a $3000.00 deposit but if I bought their insurance for $35.00 then it would be $100.00 deposit so they push to buy the insurance from them but I will call my agent tomorrow. What did you rent from enterprise and how much was it?