General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rather ride alone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:25 AM
PSO169
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rather ride alone?

There are some times that I ride by myself. There are times when I enjoy being out by myself, listening to tunz or taking in the exhaust noise. I have been on a few rides where I would like to try out my Cruise Control but whoever is leading is not keeping a constant speed. Or if you take the lead and you want to run a little and they are putting.

Jeff

Old 06-14-2007, 01:37 AM
ironspirit_3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to ride alone because when I ride with others... it's way too many personalities to deal with. "Hey... 7:00 am is too early... 9:00am is too late. Oh... I want to eat here. No, not there... how about this place. Well.... I want to stay longer.... no let's roll now.... my *** hurts."Anyone who has ridden with others knows exactly what I'm speaking about. I have one buddy that I can ride with with NO PROBLEMS!!!! Like myself, he's from the midwest farming community and has a like mindset. Both of us just shake our heads at all the B.S. other people put their "friends" through. [:@]

Old 06-14-2007, 01:38 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

When I ride alone, I prefer to be by myself.

Ah either way is fine with me. With a group I prefer to either be out front setting the pace or in the back running sweep and setting my own pace.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:44 AM
cwalms
Cruiser

I ride alone most of the time. Occassionally I will with a buddy, but mostly alone. There is just something about riding alone that provides a sense of freedom to do what you choose at the pace you choose. For me riding is the best "therapy" for stress relief. There's nothing better after a long freaking day at work then just to cruise on your own. I guess alone or with a buddy, it doesn't matter............................as long as you're riding.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Well folks, it is all good. I ride alone, with my wife on the back, with a HOG group with wife, and with an MC some times with the Mama and sometimes without. My greatest preference is to ride with my wife without others and as much as she likes to ride with groups, she likes it best when it is "Just The Two of Us."

Old 06-14-2007, 01:57 AM
baxter
Road Warrior

the one friend i have that has owned a couple HDs and is trying to get another but not having much luck would be a good person to ride with i can tell, if hed get his chit together. we see pretty eye to eye on riding... i just pic a direction and ride , no destinations or time limits, if i see a road i wanna ride i turn onto it an see where it takes me, i like to get myself lost and adventure...

i used to like to be able to stop and have a bite to eat and a beer with my meal but since catching a DUI recently barely breaking the limit i wont even chance it... jus my luck id get nabbed pulling outa the parking lot and nothing is worth watching some careless tower impound my bike. after seeing what they did to my car when it was towed i would freak. luckily the cage is a POS but the bike , no way!

Old 06-14-2007, 02:02 AM
Helix
Tourer

I guess im Lucky since I have 3 friends that ride HD's and we all have similar riding styles.
I ride alone to/from work but week-ends we ride togather frequently.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:40 AM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alone 99% of the time.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:45 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I ride alone mostof the time simply because my bike is my primary transportation year around and i'm going someplace in particular, not out joyriding.

I have ridden with other people before but it's hard to find someone who rides just the way you do - speed, pace, etc. I lumber along at a leisurely clip most of the time and it seems alot of people are "in a hurry" for some unknown reason. I'd rather ride alone most of the time for this reason.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:05 AM
eleutheros
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

I like it either way, as long as I feel freedom and no stress.

Quick Reply: rather ride alone?