Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Buyer beware - Sport Chrome (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1219626-buyer-beware-sport-chrome.html)

Gilbert Cabanas 02-20-2018 06:25 PM

Buyer beware - Sport Chrome

I finally got my credit back from these guys, a full $15.09 for my exchange lowers. I’m like WTF! There is more than that in just aluminum. I reached out for some justification as the lower weren’t even pitted as they came off a 16 UC. Waiting on a response but want to give out the info in case anyone was going to use than as a service and don’t want to get burned.

nobodyknowsme 02-20-2018 06:28 PM

That is about as vague a post/thread as I can recall reading, much less comprehending.

skratch 02-20-2018 07:37 PM

i'm guessing that he bought a set of chromed fork lowers from them, and after receiving them, had to send his old ones back as a core.

to be honest, i'm surprised you got anything. i guess i look at the word 'exchange' differently. when i bought my blacked out lowers from willy shiny, i had an extra set of lowers on hand so didn't have to send anything back after the fact, but sent them in beforehand. they sent me some nice black ones. i figured the exchange was calculated in the cost....

Gilbert Cabanas 02-21-2018 05:46 AM

sorry about that, sound clear in my head. I ordered up a set of chrome forks on exchange. I sent the old ones back as and got $15.09 for my original cores. They made it sound as if it would be more, everywhere else pays more for the cores as they get refinished and resold. There was no pitting, just the clear worn off so the forks where a little darker. Feeling like I was misled and stiffed on the exchange price. Not even going to get into the 2 week wait for shipping on "IN STOCK " item and over 30 days to get 15 bucks back. Would have kept them and resold.

Cygnusx51 02-21-2018 09:25 AM

Sport Chrome has a presence here on the forum and advertises in threads where people are asking for reviews on chrome exchanges, maybe they'll see this thread and provide some insight.

beanoboy 02-21-2018 09:28 AM

Well after all they are a business and looking to make money ! Just sayin...b.

UUNetBill 02-21-2018 11:23 AM

So you know what other vendors were offering for their cores but didn’t bother to ask Sport Chrome what they offered? I’d think if you’re researching it that closely that’s a question you’d ask every vendor you contacted, not just a few...

Gilbert Cabanas 02-21-2018 11:32 AM

First off, I did bother and they sent me a number that coincided with core refunds others offered then actually provided a $15.09 refund for the pair. That is my issue with the transaction and lesson learned, trying to save others any grief.

RHPAW 02-21-2018 12:35 PM

Next time, turn them in with the empty beer cans.

UUNetBill 02-21-2018 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gilbert Cabanas (Post 17112342)
First off, I did bother and they sent me a number that coincided with core refunds others offered then actually provided a $15.09 refund for the pair. That is my issue with the transaction and lesson learned, trying to save others any grief.

Well, if they offered you one number and sent you a lower amount, you got a legitimate gripe. But I’d assume that the refund quoted was dependent on condition which is where the disconnect might have happened. Might be one of those “I said, they said” situations.

Just out of curiosity, what amount did you expect to get for your old lowers? I don’t even know what a fair price is...