General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer beware - Sport Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Gilbert Cabanas
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buyer beware - Sport Chrome

I finally got my credit back from these guys, a full $15.09 for my exchange lowers. I’m like WTF! There is more than that in just aluminum. I reached out for some justification as the lower weren’t even pitted as they came off a 16 UC. Waiting on a response but want to give out the info in case anyone was going to use than as a service and don’t want to get burned.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:28 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

That is about as vague a post/thread as I can recall reading, much less comprehending.

The following users liked this post:
junior07 (02-21-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 07:37 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,220 Likes on 2,467 Posts

i'm guessing that he bought a set of chromed fork lowers from them, and after receiving them, had to send his old ones back as a core.

to be honest, i'm surprised you got anything. i guess i look at the word 'exchange' differently. when i bought my blacked out lowers from ***** shiny, i had an extra set of lowers on hand so didn't have to send anything back after the fact, but sent them in beforehand. they sent me some nice black ones. i figured the exchange was calculated in the cost....

Last edited by skratch; 02-20-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:46 AM
Gilbert Cabanas
Novice

sorry about that, sound clear in my head. I ordered up a set of chrome forks on exchange. I sent the old ones back as and got $15.09 for my original cores. They made it sound as if it would be more, everywhere else pays more for the cores as they get refinished and resold. There was no pitting, just the clear worn off so the forks where a little darker. Feeling like I was misled and stiffed on the exchange price. Not even going to get into the 2 week wait for shipping on "IN STOCK " item and over 30 days to get 15 bucks back. Would have kept them and resold.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:25 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Sport Chrome has a presence here on the forum and advertises in threads where people are asking for reviews on chrome exchanges, maybe they'll see this thread and provide some insight.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:28 AM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

Well after all they are a business and looking to make money ! Just sayin...b.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:23 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

So you know what other vendors were offering for their cores but didn’t bother to ask Sport Chrome what they offered? I’d think if you’re researching it that closely that’s a question you’d ask every vendor you contacted, not just a few...

Old 02-21-2018, 11:32 AM
Gilbert Cabanas
Novice

First off, I did bother and they sent me a number that coincided with core refunds others offered then actually provided a $15.09 refund for the pair. That is my issue with the transaction and lesson learned, trying to save others any grief.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:35 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,867 Likes on 6,240 Posts

Next time, turn them in with the empty beer cans.

The following users liked this post:
Gilbert Cabanas (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 01:05 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilbert Cabanas
First off, I did bother and they sent me a number that coincided with core refunds others offered then actually provided a $15.09 refund for the pair. That is my issue with the transaction and lesson learned, trying to save others any grief.
Well, if they offered you one number and sent you a lower amount, you got a legitimate gripe. But I’d assume that the refund quoted was dependent on condition which is where the disconnect might have happened. Might be one of those “I said, they said” situations.

Just out of curiosity, what amount did you expect to get for your old lowers? I don’t even know what a fair price is...

Quick Reply: Buyer beware - Sport Chrome