General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worlds most expensive H-D

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 02:40 PM
nvbirdman
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

If it's full of dino, the first thing you would have to do is change the oil and that would add to the price.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:33 PM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Clown shoes ride

Old 05-23-2018, 07:05 PM
Bonnie Storm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,224 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by junior07
I guess you didnt read the article:

Ok, not solid gold, but gold plated.

I'm sure there is even more that is not mentioned.

If you were being sarcastic, I didn't get it so, nice try. But your statement "But noooo. It's one of those clown rides from Daytona!" Makes me think you were serious, and didn't notice the crap they added to it.

BTW, I think it is probably earmarked for a Saudi Prince. They seem to buy this kind of extravagant stuff...
Actually I did read the entire article! Even if the diamond ring was a good quality, like $14k per carat(VVS), we're still only talking about $75,600. Add the other rings which doesn't give a diamond weight, but I would imagine they each contained at least one carat of pave set diamonds each, so add maybe $3,000 to the price. Then even one of the more expensive Carl F. Bucherer Patravi TravelTec FourX Rose Gold Limited Edition for $39,800 that really doesn't bring the value of the bike up all that much. And those are just trinkets that can be removed or replaced .

As for the diamonds, the article does not list the other 3 C's in order to assess the diamonds actual value. For all we know the 5 carat diamond may be an H for color, I3 for clarity, and likely the cut is far to shallow not allowing for the diamonds true brilliance to shine through. Here we're talking maybe $500 a carat. And, there is no mention of the diamonds shape which can also help determine it's value. Is it a Round, Marquise, Princess, Asscher, Oval, Emerald? What kind of setting is it in and how many grams of gold was used? Is the diamond set in 10k, 18k, even 24k? White or yellow gold? Platinum?

Plating something in gold is another story. How thick is the gold plating? It doesn't state, so it's likely just a basic electroplate and the gold used probably 10k rather than 18k. So maybe a few thousand for the 4 or so ounces of gold to use in the process.

So I'm still not seeing where the value of those add on's can justify the price of the POS clown mobile. It's doubtful a Saudi Prince would purchase such a monstrosity without an accurate appraisal.

And yes my dear, I am serious! I also know jewelry, precious gems including diamonds, have my own jewelers loops, scales, calipers and micrometers, and even a diamond/moissanite tester which will also test rubies and sapphires.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:13 PM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 229 Posts

I like the color

Old 05-23-2018, 07:14 PM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonnie Storm
Actually I did read the entire article! Even if the diamond ring was a good quality, like $14k per carat(VVS), we're still only talking about $75,600. Add the other rings which doesn't give a diamond weight, but I would imagine they each contained at least one carat of pave set diamonds each, so add maybe $3,000 to the price. Then even one of the more expensive Carl F. Bucherer Patravi TravelTec FourX Rose Gold Limited Edition for $39,800 that really doesn't bring the value of the bike up all that much. And those are just trinkets that can be removed or replaced .

As for the diamonds, the article does not list the other 3 C's in order to assess the diamonds actual value. For all we know the 5 carat diamond may be an H for color, I3 for clarity, and likely the cut is far to shallow not allowing for the diamonds true brilliance to shine through. Here we're talking maybe $500 a carat. And, there is no mention of the diamonds shape which can also help determine it's value. Is it a Round, Marquise, Princess, Asscher, Oval, Emerald? What kind of setting is it in and how many grams of gold was used? Is the diamond set in 10k, 18k, even 24k? White or yellow gold? Platinum?

Plating something in gold is another story. How thick is the gold plating? It doesn't state, so it's likely just a basic electroplate and the gold used probably 10k rather than 18k. So maybe a few thousand for the 4 or so ounces of gold to use in the process.

So I'm still not seeing where the value of those add on's can justify the price of the POS clown mobile. It's doubtful a Saudi Prince would purchase such a monstrosity without an accurate appraisal.

And yes my dear, I am serious! I also know jewelry, precious gems including diamonds, have my own jewelers loops, scales, calipers and micrometers, and even a diamond/moissanite tester which will also test rubies and sapphires.
Trust me, somewhere in the Mideast there is a little dick Prince with his name all over this. Luxury items are never equal to their actual value anyway. Some guy will buy just to be the guy that bought a 1.9mil dollar bike.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:22 PM
Bonnie Storm
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dixonk
Trust me, somewhere in the Mideast there is a little dick Prince with his name all over this. Luxury items are never equal to their actual value anyway. Some guy will buy just to be the guy that bought a 1.9mil dollar bike.
Well, I guess stupidity has no bounds!

Old 05-23-2018, 09:09 PM
motohaid
Road Master
Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

I heard it was stolen and stripped by a Podunk chop shop. So it WILL be sold for what it's worth.
​​

Originally Posted by Bonnie Storm

Damn, do you sell at JTV? LOL

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 05-24-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:36 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Wait, it's an M8? Sorry, I'm out.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:16 PM
Bonnie Storm
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by motohaid
Damn, do you sell at JTV? LOL
LOL, nope!

Old 05-24-2018, 10:21 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member

Received 961 Likes on 458 Posts

They don't have enough money to pay *me* to own or ride that PoS.

Quick Reply: Worlds most expensive H-D