Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   What happened with Brukus? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1239934-what-happened-with-brukus.html)

HarleyGTP 06-22-2018 06:49 PM

What happened with Brukus?

I've been searching the internet for a few hours, what ever happened to this company? They made some pretty nice stuff.

Bone Doc 06-22-2018 07:35 PM

This is the message I get when I go to their website...

Store Unavailable

This store is currently unavailable due to maintenance. It should be available again shortly.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Give it some time, even a few days, and try again.

Veekness 06-22-2018 07:41 PM

Maybe enough people realized that they could source the same parts from McMaster Carr for five bucks that they were selling for thirty bucks? That'll put a dent in a business when that happens.

bagga 06-23-2018 05:56 AM

they don't make anything, they just package the same stuff you can get at any hardware store.

Hammerhead Pat 06-23-2018 07:16 AM

The guy from the Popeye cartoon??????

HarleyGTP 06-23-2018 07:57 AM

I had there kickshoe on my '04 and I loved it.

Veekness 06-23-2018 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by bagga (Post 17456790)
they don't make anything, they just package the same stuff you can get at any hardware store.

When it comes to their saddlebag hardware, that's exactly correct. Not certain about anything else they market, haven't had a need for it. I guess the attraction comes when inexperienced or unknowing folks are looking on the accessory racks at their local dealership or parts store and see the neat little gimcracks hanging on the wall, they go "oh, that's a great idea", buy and install them, and later find out that some of us have done a little research and figgered out what Brukus figgered out!

When I git it sussed out, I ordered like ten sets of shoulder bolts, stainless steel washers, and U-nuts from McMaster Carr for maybe ten bucks over what Brukus wants for one set, and I've given 'em away to my pals!

DanHappy 06-24-2018 02:36 PM

Amazon sell what you need?

TwiZted Biker 06-24-2018 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Veekness (Post 17456222)
Maybe enough people realized that they could source the same parts from McMaster Carr for five bucks that they were selling for thirty bucks? That'll put a dent in a business when that happens.

You'd be be shocked how few people have the common sense or moxie to cross reference or substitute things as simple as hardware. I deal with this daily and most these guys have engineering degrees and are clueless about the most basic mechanical stuff.

Spartanden 06-24-2018 05:15 PM

I have used McMaster Carr for 35+ years.... when I saw what Brukus was doing, I thought I can find something. And I did! sorry to Brukus, but a buck is a buck!!
I have many parts from McMaster on my bike to replace Harleys feeble attempts.