General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Jackets

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 08:25 AM
98glider
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: Harley Jackets

That is all your paying for is advertising to HD. They are so expensive. I will never buy any HD cloths so they can use me for theiradvertising. Even a shirt they should give you one aftter purchasing a new bike or buying so much parts for the bike> I'll never buy any cloths from them nothing is made in America just put together here.[:'(]

Old 06-30-2007, 12:01 PM
x2lee
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I your rightshe shouldnt assume Harley means America, what a dope she was!
Anyway lesson learned Harleys clothing is third country. The had a chinese tool kit for sale in the dealership also, I went to Sears.Harley made an *** outta me, now if I just stop waving It willcomplete me.
ORIGINAL: roadkingbigjoe

x2leesaid "My wife bought mea harley jacket and its made in china. Its the last harley jacket I will ever own. Something the says America should not be made in china IMO. At least at wallmart you KNOW you're buying metric. Logo means squat to me now. "

Was the lable not in the jacket when your wife bought it, or did they send it to you later? IF you read the lable just like at wallmart you know what your getting.
Don't assume anything, just remember the word assume makes a "***" out of "u" and, well it least an "***" out of you.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:30 PM
blaw
Cruiser

i just bought a fieldsheer mesh jacket for warm weather riding. it is so well ventilated that, with the liner removed, it feels like i'm not wearing a jacket.

the fact is, i'm not a big fan of jackets with armor, though my wife says if i ever need it i'll appreciate it being there. here's to me bitching about it for years to come.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:36 AM
skid jackson
Cruiser

Boy this thread is getting more traction than I thought it would! I've been doing some poking around. Local kawi dealer had a great looking multi season jacket from Power Trip, and theolympia motorsports Airglide model. Both look like they woudl do hte trick but ... I don't know if I dig the water proof liner being the last layer. That would mean you end up in a sopping wet jacket with not much insulating value between you and that final layer. Might have to take another look at that hd jacket. Anyone got any experience with power trip stuff??

I think this is the one
http://www.power-trip.com/products.cfm?products_id=225

Airglide, not as hd-esqe as the P trip stuff
http://www.olympiamotosports.com/airglide/airglide.htm

Old 07-01-2007, 09:22 AM
barkster99
Tourer

Here's one more vote for "dump the logo". I have a couple HD jackets and I'd like them both better without all the BS on them. Feel like a walking advertisement, which is just what Harley had in mind.

I will say, while pricey, the HD jackets I have are mostly well designed and of better than average quality. I've looked at other bike shops but, I'm not really looking for protection, I'm looking for something to take the chill off. I'm basically with the guy that wears the gore-tex golf jacket, exceptI want some the biker design stuff --tighter cuffs, snugger waist, extra inside pockets, plenty of arm movement. Only place I find that is HD dealer, and you'd better like orange and black and all the logos.