General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Pan America 1250

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 07:54 PM
cromagnon
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I hope they have hard bag option for all your adventure gear. There definitely is a segment that would buy this bike. That Street/V-Rod engine will do well in this segment.

The Sportster will be replaced with this platform also. And the new Streetfighter Sport bike will run the same engine. This is where the overseas manufacturing will eventually score for the MoCo

Old 07-31-2018, 08:05 PM
Flyin'Amber
Cruiser

Received 84 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LeoGast
yes, this is the only way I get a 2nd bike.

do you think this will work? "Honey, the cvo sg is for on road, but I ride off road too. That will slow down depreciation on both bikes so it will not technically cost us anything for that 2nd bike."
That's as good a strategy as any! I was thinking just sneak one home and hope my OL doesn't notice it for a while! "No, I didn't get a new bike, Honey. It's been out there a long time. It was behind the lawn mower, you probably just didn't see it!"

Old 07-31-2018, 08:23 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,969 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by QNman
If you walk into a dealership and buy a completely different motorcycle than you were considering because the salesman told you to look at something different, the problem isn't the salesman.

Grow a pair. Learn to adult. The salesmen work for YOU, not the other way around.

Sheesh.
Well, in 09 I was looking for a new Street Glide. Salesman who is also a good friend insisted I really wanted a Road Glide. I had never owned a touring bike, only softtails. He hHad me put a hundred miles on a street glide, then do the same on a road glide. He was right, I liked the road glide better. I have owned four road glides since then and put over 45K on the first three, and have 15K on the 4th so far.
Originally Posted by LeoGast
yes, this is the only way I get a 2nd bike.

do you think this will work? "Honey, the cvo sg is for on road, but I ride off road too. That will slow down depreciation on both bikes so it will not technically cost us anything for that 2nd bike."
Glad I do not have to convince my wife. I have three bikes now, and if I want a new one I will get it. I'm anxious to see this Pan-American in person. Hopefully it has a low enough seat height that my wife can ride one too. Luckily my wife loves to ride her bikes as much as I love to ride mine.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:21 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
If the site can not even come up with a picture of an FXR what makes you think they have the right specs?
Lol, if you bothered to scroll down..... Another INCH, YOU WOULD see the FXR in question. Jeez, hater.
I can literally SEE the picture of the FXR you tried so hard to cut out. Ha! Not foolin' anyone man.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 07-31-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:41 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,181 Likes on 1,937 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Lol, if you bothered to scroll down..... Another INCH, YOU WOULD see the FXR in question. Jeez, hater.
I can literally SEE the picture of the FXR you tried so hard to cut out. Ha! Not foolin' anyone man.
Hey, I quoted a post. I am not the one who cut something out. Hater?, I love fxr's.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:46 PM
banddirector
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
I read this *exact* same joke when they redesigned the Road Glide ....

Old 08-01-2018, 12:13 AM
Stingray702
Road Master
Received 486 Likes on 240 Posts

I like the Streetfighter...now it needs to be around 12K-15K

Old 08-01-2018, 01:06 AM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

HD is not known for innovation or rapid advances in engineering. To be competitive in the adventure market, they are going to have to make a machine as good or better than BMW, Triumph, Ducati, Yam, Honda, Suzuk, Kaw, at a reasonable price.

Success is highly unlikely.

Old 08-01-2018, 05:21 AM
Mikhailov
Banned
Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

It's good to see HD make this move that probably had to have been made with a new platform.

I suspect the adv and sport bike die an early death though because HD cannot seem to compete on price, perhaps because of US manufacturing. I just can't see people paying $25,000 for the Pan American when there are great offerings for much less from the Japanese and Europeans. They also don't have the dealers to sell bikes like these as they proved with Buell.

Where we will see success with this platform is new sales in the Sportster and Custom category.

Last edited by Mikhailov; 08-01-2018 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:43 AM
rhino1250
Road Warrior
Received 1,344 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
jeez no wonder y'all are stupid you are trying to look at pictures instead of the data lined up, this is from the site you were qouting from. Let me crop the important info out so you won't be distracted by pretty pictures

Originally Posted by rhino1250
jeez no wonder y'all are stupid you are trying to look at pictures instead of the data lined up, this is from the site you were qouting from. Let me crop the important info out so you won't be distracted by pretty pictures

Now remember this is from your site, they dont even bother putting the wet weight of the fx down because it's so heavy

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-15-2018 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Multiple posts

Quick Reply: Harley Pan America 1250