General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 03:50 PM
M2hunter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

I got a lady friend who just bought a brand new 1200 sportster. She had pipes put on and new rims before she went a picked it up. It has around 800 miles on it. In that 800 miles the tranny started leaking, oil was leaking and she went to ride yesterday and now it don't start. She took it in to an indy to get the leaks fixed because the place she bought it from is about 200 miles away. I told he today to call the harley shop she bought it from, tellthem to comepick it up and fix the freaking motorcycle. She's not sure what to do. I would be pitching a big fit.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:52 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: What would you do?

You better believe it. I'm with you.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:55 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 446 Likes on 309 Posts

With 800 miles I would let the Motor Company pay the tab on repairs.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:57 PM
M2hunter
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: MCSarge

With 800 miles I would let the Motor Company pay the tab on repairs.
That's just it. It's still under warranty and she took it to an indy to fix the leaks but now the bike won't start. I told her that would be my last straw. Call them, tell them to bring a trailer and pick it up and fix the bike.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:02 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: M2hunter

I told he today to call the harley shop she bought it from, tellthem to comepick it up and fix the freaking motorcycle. She's not sure what to do.
First, is there another a Harley shop nearer than the one 200 miles away? If so, the bike is most definitely under warranty and can be taken to virtually any H-D dealership for service and repair.

If 200 miles is the closest dealership, then I would have your friend call them and ask to speak to the service manager. Explain to him/her your circumstance and schedule an appointment to get the bike taken care of at the soonest possible point in time. I would also inquire as to whether or not they could provide a means of picking up the bike for you? Understand, however, that a dealer (irrespective of situation) is not obligated to pick up anything. If they do, great. But it is the responsiblity of the bike owner to get it to the shop; one way or the other.

Initially, advise your friend to both cordial and professional when communicating with the dealership. That is, until such time that the situation and/or circumstance warrants otherwise.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:03 PM
cwilks
Banned

Well DUUUUUH, of course that's what she should do....ITS UNDER WARRANTY...what the hell was she doing taking it to someone and paying to have it fixed for anyway? Now she's given the dealer a reason to say the indy screwed it up. Good Luck

Old 07-02-2007, 04:04 PM
fatboy44
Outstanding HDF Member

That is ALL on the dealer, no way I even let an indy look at it. That is BS.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:07 PM
M2hunter
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: cwilks

Well DUUUUUH, of course that's what she should do....ITS UNDER WARRANTY...what the hell was she doing taking it to someone and paying to have it fixed for anyway? Now she's given the dealer a reason to say the indy screwed it up. Good Luck
I asked her the same question. But she was getting ready to go on a chic's run and couldn't get it in before the ride started.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:07 PM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

She took it in to an indy to get the leaks fixed because the place she bought it from is about 200 miles away.
Educate your friend. Taking a new/under warranty bike with these types of problems to an indy after only 800 miles is - in my view - a mistake.

Old 07-02-2007, 04:08 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a lady friend who just bought a brand new 1200 sportster. She had pipes put on and new rims before she went a picked it up. It has around 800 miles on it. In that 800 miles the tranny started leaking, oil was leaking and she went to ride yesterday and now it don't start. She took it in to an indy to get the leaks fixed because the place she bought it from is about 200 miles away. I told he today to call the harley shop she bought it from, tell them to come pick it up and fix the freaking motorcycle. She's not sure what to do. I would be pitching a big fit.

200 miles? really? around here they put a harley dealership next to each starbucks, which means that if you reach out with your arms you can touch three of them without moving your feet.

where is the is place that doesnt have a harley dealership within a 200 mile radius?

Quick Reply: What would you do?