Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Talk Me Out of the Low Rider S (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1253685-talk-me-out-of-the-low-rider-s.html)

03fattyaz 09-17-2018 11:14 PM

I'd go for it. I sat on one and loved it. I'm 6' at 205. I want one but need to wait until folks start dumping used ones on the private market. You just don't see them for sale.

CaptainAwesome 09-17-2018 11:14 PM

Guess we should be asking which Fat Bob are you considering? The 2018 is a completely different bike than the 2017 and earlier.

If it moves you blood, it's the one. Everything else is just everything else. I'd say you already made up your mind about it.

I will add that I smile more on this bike than anything else. Including a '67 Mustang I restored. I just simply enjoy it every single time i go for a ride. Almost 10,000 miles later, I still, very seriously, smile and say, "Man I love this bike!" on my way anywhere on it. Least once a week I say that.

09 YELLOWBIRD 09-18-2018 06:16 AM

I have to agree with "NoBodyKnowsMe". I do like the LRS.

BUT....Let me save you over $15K. If you want to ride more and longer, get a Touring bike.

Everyone eventually ends up on one!

YB

Mark Faulkner 09-18-2018 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD (Post 17690893)
BUT....Let me save you over $15K. If you want to ride more and longer, get a Touring bike.

YB

Like the OP, i have a short commute, plenty of great roads for day tripping, and longer tours a few times a year. I do all of this on my Breakout, and almost never do i wish i was on a bagger. If most of your riding is local, and you're only doing long distance once or twice a year, a bagger is probably overkill. All the extras they add to tourers to make them good for distance is just more bulk and weight when you just want to go throw it through the twisies.

rbdub474 09-18-2018 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by lh4x4 (Post 17690601)
I have a 15 Low Rider S and all I added was a Master Tune. At 200 lbs and 6' 3" I have no fitment issue.

It tracks, handles and rides smooth for a Dyna. Great performance.

I did add a 18 Fat Bob S which stock will out run the LRS and a considerable uptick in handling. But for over all looks the LRS is a great machine.

Are you sure you don't have a 2016 Low Rider S? The Low Rider S was a mid model year introduction in 2016, and was only made in model year 2016 and 2017.

ronaldrwl 09-18-2018 11:16 AM

I thought I wanted one and did a test ride. It wasn't good for me. Have you done a test ride?

ThePaintPirate 09-18-2018 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Faulkner (Post 17691171)
Like the OP, i have a short commute, plenty of great roads for day tripping, and longer tours a few times a year. I do all of this on my Breakout, and almost never do i wish i was on a bagger. If most of your riding is local, and you're only doing long distance once or twice a year, a bagger is probably overkill. All the extras they add to tourers to make them good for distance is just more bulk and weight when you just want to go throw it through the twisies.

This right here is the reason I went with the FXDLS, short commute and dont do long distances more than 1 or 2 times a year.

Not old enough, nor do I want a geezer glide yet.

moparnut72 09-18-2018 12:27 PM

I rode a 2018 Low Rider a couple of months ago. I like the looks of the bike a lot. I enjoyed the test ride for the most part but there was one thing I did not like. It and I both absolutely hated tar snake. In fact it was scary crossing them on a curving entrance ramp to the highway. I was hitting them at an angle. The bike was wiggling all over the place. I rode my Slim over them later for comparison purposes. My Slim hardly noticed they were there. Granted these snakes were quite pronounced but I wouldn't consider this model after the ride. As a disclaimer I will say that the bike was a demo or maybe even a shop bike as it had 3,000 miles on it with a Screaming Eagle exhaust. As already mentioned, find a dealer who will let you ride anything and ride everything you are interested in before you decide. Good luck.
kk

Walter White 09-18-2018 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD (Post 17690893)
I have to agree with "NoBodyKnowsMe". I do like the LRS.

YB

I must be in the minority I went v-rod, Road Glide, Softail Slim. I found I wasn't taking long trips enough to get over the permanent fairing. I like the open road unblocked in front of me. If I go big again it will be a road king.

lh4x4 09-18-2018 10:04 PM

rbdub - Yes a 17. Yet another typo I missed.