General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Week 2019, Who's Going?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 04:25 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,175 Likes on 6,218 Posts

Originally Posted by mister soap
Who in the hell has the time and money to go all the way down to daytona..spend gas...pay for hotels food and etc....this sounds like it would cost a small fortune...and also take that much time off work
People that aren't staying home to wash their mother's hair!

Old 03-11-2019, 05:51 AM
DonnieM
Road Captain

Received 201 Likes on 130 Posts

Who in the hell has the time and money to go all the way down to daytona..spend gas...pay for hotels food and etc....this sounds like it would cost a small fortune...and also take that much time off work
Nice a lot of people dont have that luxury...I'm just a 44 yo man working at a temp service
Some of us have worked all of their lives to put ourselves in a position to do what we enjoy. We earned it. I am riding to Daytona this morning, 2? hours away

The following users liked this post:
Hecklerboy (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 08:34 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,718 Likes on 1,107 Posts

Yep. Go to Main Street once, maybe twice, then Ormond Beach to see David Allan Coe every year, up and down A1A to St. Augustine and Crescent Beach, Dog Pound in Bunnell, and the Cheyenne Saloon in Palatka. All kinds of rides to do.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:02 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts
Old 03-11-2019, 11:48 AM
celticmco
Stage II
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good riddance to Beach Street! It has been in a steady decline for the last 12 years since Mr. Rossmeyer took his ball and went to home to Ormond Beach after the City of Daytona Beach would not let him expand there. Daytona has for years talked about "family destinations" and making it a world class city/beach. Nonsense; I have been going since High School off and on (80') and grew up in Central Florida. Except for certain weeks Daytona is what is; sorta run down in a fun way. Will be there later this week from Orlando; what incredible weather. I can remember needing full leather the first weekend, rain gear in the middle and short sleeves the last weekend. Here's my list of some good places to eat; Breakfast - Mikes Galley, Cracked Egg, Ruthy's Kozy Kitchen (New Smyrna Beach) ; Lunch-Dinner - Our Deck Down Under (Port Orange), Boon Docks (Port Orange), Down the Hatch (Port Orange), Charley Horse (Ormond Beach). Non of these places change their prices for Bike Week; Boot Hill, if I remember correctly, also does not change their prices either (drinking obviously)....Slainte Ya'll !!!

Old 03-13-2019, 10:11 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Received 520 Likes on 268 Posts
Thumbs down Thieving Local Gas Stations...

I see today the thieving ****** have jacked the price of regular gas up around town to $2.60 a gallon for the price of regular.
It was $2.29 just a couple of days ago.

Daytona is becoming more and more a tourist trap every day...

Old 03-14-2019, 04:27 AM
DonnieM
Road Captain

Received 201 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Dispatch
I see today the thieving ****** have jacked the price of regular gas up around town to $2.60 a gallon for the price of regular.
It was $2.29 just a couple of days ago.

Daytona is becoming more and more a tourist trap every day...
It was in the news that gas was on the rise in price, the gas Co's are switching to the summer blend, haha!

Old 03-14-2019, 06:48 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

The older I get the more I hate crowds, so I go when the circus leaves town. But I didn't spend 26 years as a correction officer and the last 7 since my retirement building a business and working a part time job just so I could sit on my *** put up with the cold for an entire winter. I get out and enjoy life a little. The first ride along the ocean on A1A every year make the vacation all worth it.
If it isn't for you, that's OK but don't knock the people who do get out of their own little world now & then.

Dispatch (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 07:08 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

I used to do it when it was worth the trip. We planned, we saved we went. I started going to Bikeweek from CT in 1970 and went 25 years in a row then I stopped because it became inundadted with families with kids, baby strollers and a PG rating. Now I live less than 3 hours away and I don't even go.

Dispatch (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 08:58 AM
nibroc
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
I used to do it when it was worth the trip. We planned, we saved we went. I started going to Bikeweek from CT in 1970 and went 25 years in a row then I stopped because it became inundadted with families with kids, baby strollers and a PG rating. Now I live less than 3 hours away and I don't even go.

.....STURGIS is getting to be the same...

Quick Reply: Bike Week 2019, Who's Going?