General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD convert...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 08:07 AM
Jed Clampett
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,030 Likes on 872 Posts

And all your dreams will come true! Idiot.

The following users liked this post:
tar_snake (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 08:19 AM
JustMike
Tourer

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Gawd, I love this place. Where else can I get this much entertainment for the admission price.

Originally Posted by Skyguyz
I sold my HD recently and its an awakening.

Tired of the constant vibration is fatiguing on long rides. The lack of technology compared to other makes. The lack of pickup, etc. I'm just tired of it. And talking to too many guys who don't take wearing safety gear a priority is pitiful at best. I have a friend missing half his jaw because he insisted on wearing a half helmet. Mtynew BMW GTL has been nothing but heaven and the ride
is actually enjoyable once again; twice the acceleration and smooth as glass. Sure my HD was good for bar hopping and such but its behind the times and lacks in performance in all areas.
I don't ride in packs anymore because its statistically proven to be one of most dangerous forms of street riding. Sure you may want the "Freedom" to wear jeans, half helmets and ride a much too heavy bike with lack of real stopping power but you will change you mind while in a hospital bed. Good luck and do try and be safe.

Sky

from hd owners:

The trunk lid is now falling open on my 2015 Tri Glide. I reviewed complaints and found it to be an ongoing issue for at least 9 years! Harley wants over $200 to put in another same type, defective lock. A piece of junk that costs them less than $12.00. Also the garbage radio that has Bluetooth in it is only good if you buy the $374+ Bluetooth set up from the radio company, because it is designed to work only with theirs!!! I have decided I will be selling this trike, because Harley doesn't give a damn about their customers, it all comes down to money, money, and more money in the corporation's pockets, with poor customer care.

I have a 2011 HD Tri Glide Ultra. I use it sparingly and it has fewer than 14,000 miles on it. In the eight years that I have owned it, FOUR trunk locks for the lower trunk have broken and have needed replacement because cheap plastic parts have broken under normal use. I obviously haven't used the bike a LOT for the parts to have merely "worn out" through overuse. This time, the entire lock imploded and fell into the trunk when I pushed the button to open the trunk. I had groceries, including fish and meat in there with no way to open it.

I own a 1997 xl 1200. I am from ATL., GA. I needed work on the ignition system. No dealer within 50 miles would work on it; one even said we don't work on junk. I found M&M motor trike and cycle in Snellville, GA. David ** repaired it. He is a master mechanic. I left for NO LA. Got there and had a starting problem. East coast Harley said they would look at it. Paid upfront with no guarantee they would work on it. HARLEY DAVIDSON RANKS UNDER NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. Only give me your money. Here I am 500 miles from home. No help. I would not buy another Harley ever again. The Jap. bikes are now on my list.

So this week I became a victim of the ABS failure resulting in no rear brakes. I have changed my brake fluid but not per the recommended schedule. I take full responsibility for this and will have to pay for the replacement HCU. My problem is the design, this happened without warning and it happened 21 miles after the dealer performed the recall. The failure without warning (no ABS failure light) disabled my rear brakes. In any other vehicle if the ABS fails it does not render the brakes inoperable.

I purchased 2017 Harley Street Glide Special from Buckeye Harley in Dayton Ohio. I also purchased their VIB package for service for 3 years. I keep getting oil light and bike is low on oil. First trip about this problem Buckeye changed the oil and told me to put another 1000 miles on it and bring it back. Well I done that and oil light came on again showing 1 qt low so I took it back to them. Replaced oil pump this time. Yep. Said I was all fixed and taken care of. So my warranty ends 9/14/18 so we do some upgrades to my bike which have nothing to do with this whole oil problem. So I put about 2300 more miles on it since July and what do you know. Oil light comes on again.

etc, etc, etc.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:35 AM
Mark Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

You have to be a real sad no-life person to join a forum just to rubbish a brand of motorcycle.

tar_snake (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 09:00 AM
Kingface
Road Master
Received 178 Likes on 131 Posts

Shouldn't you be riding your shiny new BMW instead of writing a novel about hating another motorcycle brand? I don't think you just made BMW very proud.....

tar_snake (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Dirty Harry
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,067 Likes on 530 Posts
Old 02-01-2019, 09:07 AM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

He will not be happy with anything anywhere as his lack of intelligence follows him at a pretty close ratio...
I am sure the next brand of MC he chooses to throw his leg over will make everyone wear his type of helmet choice.
Stalinism starts with very small ideas and progresses into full-blown liberalism.
People that dont have a clue want to run the world.

tar_snake (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 09:09 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,627 Likes on 5,180 Posts

Wait until the bills pile up on that BMW. And many of us never seems to have any of your internet listed issues. Local HD will be happy to work on your 1939 and up HD. And if it is older give them a call they will see what they can do to help you. Oh and they are also a BMW dealer so we see the BMW issue when there.

Old 02-01-2019, 09:12 AM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

I'd rather look good on the side of the road with my HD than look bad riding a bmw. It's really a shame too that most beemer owners look down their noses at all the other brands out there, if it weren't for that more people would probably buy their bikes, but the thought of being looked at like the typical beemer rider keeps me from even looking at one, Plus I am not into wearing kevlar pants and full gear when it's 100 degrees outside, so I'm sure the beemer community would laugh me right out of the club the first tie i rolled up with a tshirt jeans and no helmet on my shiny new bmw.

tar_snake (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 09:27 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,815 Likes on 6,220 Posts

Keep it up...you remember what happened the last time you pissed us off?

Warrant (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 10:03 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,480 Likes on 2,478 Posts

Riding your Beemer is like having sex with a 300 lb. uggo that is good in the sack. I would be embarassed to ride something that looks better on fire at the side of the road than it does in the showroom. No kid ever says "I wanna ride a BMW when I grow up". You never see anyone staring longingly through a BMW dealership window at night. FYI Harleys may have been out of date 40 years ago, but so were Fender Stratocasters. And if you know anything about guitars, you know a 40YO Strat is infinitely more desireable than a new one. Not only are they as technologically advanced as saurkraut,rice,or pasta, but Harley's fit & finish is second to none.

So go enjoy riding your sauerkraut that right out of the showroom floor looks like it hit a brick wall at 80. Go to your "rallys" and pick up an aging, fat matron with a Q-tip hairdo, a double-knit pantsuit from Bealls outlet, and a Walkman with a Michael Buble' cassette in it, and a credit card from Bed,Bath & Beyond and a full beard that's heavier than your's who may or may NOT decide she wants to part her fat,post-menopausal veiny thighs after popping out some tampon mulch for you 'cause that's all your gonna get riding that pot metal, plastic assed piece of overpriced wienerschnitzel. Enjoy all your fruity looking Eurotrash inspired ATTGATT clothing that reeks like a single young male's apartment after one wearing, and then you walk by your lederhosencycle & your belt loop catches on the brake or clutch lever & snaps it off (don't laugh; happened to me at a bike shop I used to work at) 'cause it's made of cheap-assed ferrous almost-but-not-quite-metal, then the matron you picked up named Gladys or Agnes or maybe GOOD GOD Blanche has no way to get home so you call her an Uber and she decides that the Uber driver's Prius is hotter than your Eurocrap function-but-no-form bike that looks like a cross-training sneaker festooned with decals from manufacturers of hokey Gore-tex CRAPPGATT clothing to make your life so sterile & safe that you look like you should be hangin' on a street corner in Antarctica. Then, you can marry your doubleknit sweetie after she cheats on you with the Uber driver & gives you Chlamydia because of the bodily fluids that collected in her cottage-cheesy nooks & crannies of her thighs from the Uber driver, so ya gotta divorce her, and she takes half your ****, but does NOT want your BMW because she would be too embarassed to ride something that looks like a Transformer on crack, and you're making payments on your house while she's living in it laying pipe with someone she met at Aspencade.

All because you sold your Harley for something more "technologically advanced". Although you are right about 1 thing...the Moco does not care about it's customers.

Last edited by dickey; 02-01-2019 at 10:58 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by dickey:
BTLorys (02-01-2019), DaveE (02-03-2019), DonnieM (02-04-2019), Lammy1000 (05-21-2020), Marty31 (02-01-2019), soldierbot (02-01-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: HD convert...