General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phone mount

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 02:28 PM
KYRGultra
Road Master
Received 489 Likes on 306 Posts

With no previous experience I bought the Ram X mount cause I saw a lot of them. Works good. Versatile enough to mount dang near any way you want any where. And I really like how easy it is to pull the phone out of the mount when I'm going in a store or restaurant and don't want to leave the phone on the bike.

Old 03-02-2019, 03:23 PM
DonnieM
Road Captain

Received 201 Likes on 130 Posts

The phone goes in the windshield pouch and stays there until I stop. I don't need anything to distract me from the road, ride safe!

Old 03-02-2019, 03:29 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

I have the RAM mount as well as a ROKFORM. The ROKFORM just seems more convenient for getting the phone in and out of the mount. It also seems to be just a tad more secure. The tether that comes with the RAM positions the phone so that the claw lays against the power button of my Galaxy S8 plus.

Old 03-02-2019, 04:23 PM
sire86
Tourer
Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Agreed with Otto on the Rokform , high quality mount, phone is rock solid no movement at all and it does seem to blend right in with the bars

Last edited by sire86; 03-02-2019 at 04:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Coverdog
Tourer

Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts

My pocket until I finish the ride. Works pretty well.

The following users liked this post:
PoiDog (07-06-2019)
Old 03-03-2019, 06:30 AM
Cajun4x4
Cruiser
Received 229 Likes on 101 Posts

I went with the HD phone holder. Around $70 for both pieces and it works great. The downside is that you have only one mounting option. Mounts that use a bar clamp can be positioned where it works best for you.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...-phone-carrier

Old 03-03-2019, 06:56 AM
kickstartfan
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 190 Posts

Not any help I know but I vote with the "stop looking at the phone" crowd.

mine is in my pocket, if I remember to take it at all.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:15 AM
KYRGultra
Road Master
Received 489 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by kickstartfan
Not any help I know but I vote with the "stop looking at the phone" crowd.

mine is in my pocket, if I remember to take it at all.
Yeah, I'm with you most all the way on this subject. Now, I do have my phone mount on the bars where I can see my phone while riding but about the last thing I would try to do is to catch an incoming call or text or make one. But having the phone in sight lets me see if I get a call or text--which I may respond to later whenever I stop somewhere. And maybe while sitting at a light I can push a button and check the temp/weather. And if I get in a jammed up interstate backup and am stopped I can check the live traffic data on the phone without having to dig it out of wherever I put it. I usually don't have a really suitable and empty pocket to put my phone in and if I put the dang thing in a saddlebag or pouch I won't remember to check it when I stop.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:49 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,003 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by JOHNNYFLHR
Leave the phone at home.
ride safe my friends.
Not an option for people with families and others that may need to contact them.

Bdeuce12 (05-31-2019)
Old 05-31-2019, 08:26 AM
SkullsAndChrome
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Not an option for people with families and others that may need to contact them.
Originally Posted by KYRGultra
Yeah, I'm with you most all the way on this subject. Now, I do have my phone mount on the bars where I can see my phone while riding but about the last thing I would try to do is to catch an incoming call or text or make one. But having the phone in sight lets me see if I get a call or text--which I may respond to later whenever I stop somewhere. And maybe while sitting at a light I can push a button and check the temp/weather. And if I get in a jammed up interstate backup and am stopped I can check the live traffic data on the phone without having to dig it out of wherever I put it. I usually don't have a really suitable and empty pocket to put my phone in and if I put the dang thing in a saddlebag or pouch I won't remember to check it when I stop.
I agree. Also, I use my phone for Navigation on my RKS, so i need the phone mount. I just ordered the Quad Lock. Reviews are great. Comes with a phone case for your specific phone, and you can buy additional mounts for the Car, Office and an Armband if you work out. Love the versatility.

https://www.quadlockcase.com/collect...torcycle-mount

PoiDog (07-06-2019)

Quick Reply: Phone mount