Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Problems with Fuel Moto (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/1274058-problems-with-fuel-moto.html)

wesley carter 03-08-2019 02:26 AM

Problems with Fuel Moto

Hey all, Looking for some kind of advice .. On Nov 25 2018, I ordered a ceramic coated mid pipe and a power vision tuner to the sum of 1000.00. They showed in stock when I ordered them..
I waited a couple weeks to see if it would ship nothing. So I called them up the said they were on back order and said they would begin to ship them out on Jan 1. Wasn't happy but no biggy wasn't ridding in Michigan anyways.. I Called back 2nd week in jan some thing happend and they would ship out in Feb. Here it is in March and still no mid pipe or tuner. Now on to the 2nd part of this.
I call up Fuel moto to set up a slot to take my 17 sg up to them and get a big bore kit done. Got my date and time, on June 26 9am.I am Happy as shit more power. They told me they would send me a itemized invoice of parts and labor cost .. Now mind you I had to put a 250 dollar deposit for the slot.
I waited no invoice, so I call them and was told I will talk to some one and have mikala ( I think that was her name) to email me an invoice. Did not happen. I have read over and over how great this company is on multiple forums. Now I'am just plain pissed off and ready to say F$%^ it... Fuel moto needs to make this shit right some how... it is not like I'am spending 100 bucks I am spending a good chunk of change with this company. But it should not matter if it was 100, a customer is a customer..
Thoughts?

Prot 03-08-2019 02:44 AM

They have an active account and participate on this forum.

This the only post I have read that was not in total praise of them.

JayStronghawk 03-08-2019 03:37 AM

No reason whatsoever to doubt your problems with Fuel Moto .. Hopefully get it resolved soon .. I have dealt with them several times over the years and all have good results and happy endings including my Stage 1 on my Indian Chieftain with a PVCX Tuner which most Tuners won't touch with a 10 foot pole ..

shanneba 03-08-2019 05:33 AM

They are in the process of building a new shop and moving.
They may be working out of two locations as they move.

I believe the moving "sale" ended on Feb 18th.
I saw a FB post about a week ago about the the installation of the dyno in the new facility.

Iceman24 03-08-2019 06:13 AM

Definitely not going to make any friends here by bashing Fuel Moto...they're highly touted.

IMO, you're being a tad impatient and just have to have some faith...sometimes you're not in-the-know on what's happening on "their" side. Try contacting them via. the forum.

Screamin beagle 03-08-2019 06:36 AM

Lol...a tad impatient..the guy placed an order in November !!! . Anyway I'll still agree with everybody else here and say that fuel moto is one of the best companies I've ever dealt with in any type of transaction...motorcycle or otherwise. You should call again because it sounds like you got lost in the shuffle of their move. So give them another chance, because based on their reputation they'll make it right for you

Uncle Larry 03-08-2019 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by shanneba (Post 18089438)
They are in the process of building a new shop and moving.
They may be working out of two locations as they move.

I believe the moving "sale" ended on Feb 18th.
I saw a FB post about a week ago about the the installation of the dyno in the new facility.

Yep ... This ( probably ) answers the O.P.'s concerns

hellonewman 03-08-2019 07:52 AM

Theres an old saying. If you haven't upset any customers you haven't been in business long enough. They have a great reputation for sure and no disrespect but I can assure you he is not the only unhappy customer, its just part of owning a business. How they make him happy again is what sets a great business apart from a crappy one.

chamokie 03-08-2019 07:55 AM

Call and ask for Jamie, he will help you with your issue''s.

GalvTexGuy 03-08-2019 08:12 AM

Based on everything I know about them, they'll make it right. If they don't, I'll be surprised.

mshred 03-08-2019 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Iceman24 (Post 18089495)
Definitely not going to make any friends here by bashing Fuel Moto...they're highly touted.

IMO, you're being a tad impatient and just have to have some faith...sometimes you're not in-the-know on what's happening on "their" side. Try contacting them via. the forum.

That a joke? Great company and they have taken care of me with some issues I had with the tuner I got from them, but not sure I would characterize the experience of the o.p. as impatient or bashing. He has every right to be annoyed at this point, but I do think they will make it right as they are that kind of company which is why they have a great rep.

GPHDXLC 03-08-2019 09:09 AM

I don't think the original poster is impatient. He has gave FM plenty of time and he has called them more then 1 time to. However FM is one of the best for customer service and I have had nothing but good luck with them on multiple occasion's. Must be a mix up along the lines on this one. I feel FM will make this right.

470004 03-08-2019 09:34 AM

Give Jamie a call.

wesley carter 03-08-2019 10:34 AM

Chamokie, Roadwarrior, I will do just that. Thank you for the help..
Iceman 24- As I look back at what you said, I get it in a way posting ones problems with a company on a forum could be considered bashing.. 30 years ago you would have had to pass out flyers to no avail.. So I see your point.. On the other hand 3month 13 days after the sale, before I said a word about it on a forum.
To all others that posted, Thank you for the insight. This forum was the reason I went to FM. To many happy people to go wrong. Unfortunately my first dealing with them not so much. I could have canceled the order went some where else. I am sure FM would not have givin me a problem with a refund I just really wanted a great experience From a company that so many others have boasted how happy they were..

BigDawgQC 03-08-2019 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC (Post 18089931)
I don't think the original poster is impatient. He has gave FM plenty of time and he has called them more then 1 time to. However FM is one of the best for customer service and I have had nothing but good luck with them on multiple occasion's. Must be a mix up along the lines on this one. I feel FM will make this right.

^^^This.

I've had nothing but great experience with FM myself. But even I would be aggravated here.

groupw 03-08-2019 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by wesley carter (Post 18090142)
I just really wanted a great experience From a company that so many others have boasted how happy they were..

....... and i'm sure that'll happen
.... it's only been 8 hrs since you 1st posted (&wtf are you doing on the forum @ 1AM ?) and i bet Jamie's in touch w/ya today
........ you'll certainly end up w/a big smile & be a lot faster when yer done.

tjcaron 03-08-2019 11:02 AM

Certainly can understand the frustration. However, you rarely hear of or see any issues with Fuel Moto. I'd be willing to bet if you talk to Jamie he will fix whatever the issue is. If you can't get ahold of him via phone he is very active on here and on Facebook.

fuelmoto 03-08-2019 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by wesley carter (Post 18089334)
Hey all, Looking for some kind of advice .. On Nov 25 2018, I ordered a ceramic coated mid pipe and a power vision tuner to the sum of 1000.00. They showed in stock when I ordered them..
I waited a couple weeks to see if it would ship nothing. So I called them up the said they were on back order and said they would begin to ship them out on Jan 1. Wasn't happy but no biggy wasn't ridding in Michigan anyways.. I Called back 2nd week in jan some thing happend and they would ship out in Feb. Here it is in March and still no mid pipe or tuner. Now on to the 2nd part of this.
I call up Fuel moto to set up a slot to take my 17 sg up to them and get a big bore kit done. Got my date and time, on June 26 9am.I am Happy as shit more power. They told me they would send me a itemized invoice of parts and labor cost .. Now mind you I had to put a 250 dollar deposit for the slot.
I waited no invoice, so I call them and was told I will talk to some one and have mikala ( I think that was her name) to email me an invoice. Did not happen. I have read over and over how great this company is on multiple forums. Now I'am just plain pissed off and ready to say F$%^ it... Fuel moto needs to make this shit right some how... it is not like I'am spending 100 bucks I am spending a good chunk of change with this company. But it should not matter if it was 100, a customer is a customer..
Thoughts?

A short answer is we have been experiencing long lead times with the company that does our ceramic coating and we are admittedly behind on backorders for our Jackpot M8 head pipes due to demand that has increased beyond our expectations, I won't make excuses as this is unacceptable for us and our customers. The good news is we will will be shipping ceramic pipes starting early next week by sequence of order date and you are in that group. I will have to check on your service estimate and see where that was emailed, I will have Tony or Bob contact you today to go over all of the details of your appointment and answer any questions you may have.

Scudda 03-08-2019 12:17 PM

I have dealt with Fuel Moto in the past and they have always been an upstanding company to do business with!! As you can see from Jamie's response above

fuelmoto 03-08-2019 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by wesley carter (Post 18090142)
Chamokie, Roadwarrior, I will do just that. Thank you for the help..
Iceman 24- As I look back at what you said, I get it in a way posting ones problems with a company on a forum could be considered bashing.. 30 years ago you would have had to pass out flyers to no avail.. So I see your point.. On the other hand 3month 13 days after the sale, before I said a word about it on a forum.
To all others that posted, Thank you for the insight. This forum was the reason I went to FM. To many happy people to go wrong. Unfortunately my first dealing with them not so much. I could have canceled the order went some where else. I am sure FM would not have givin me a problem with a refund I just really wanted a great experience From a company that so many others have boasted how happy they were..

I do understand your frustration. I would also like to note that we sent three different email updates to everyone that has head pipes on backorder with us, last week's update noted a ship date of March 11th. I do apologize for any inconvenience to you or any of the other customers with pipes on order. Here is a copy of the email that was sent out last week:

"We would like to thank you for your order of the M8 Jackpot ceramic coated head pipe as well as your patience while the pipes are on back order. The good news is that we will have pipes finished and ready to ship very soon. We are on track to start filling backorders for HTC ceramic head pipes the week of March 11th by sequence of order date.

We greatly apologize for these delays, as it is our aim to have product in stock at all times; demand has been unusually strong and unfortunately it put us behind. Each of these pipes are fabricated and welded by hand, by skilled craftsman, and to build products in this regard takes extra time. We assure you that when you receive your pipe, you will be impressed with the workmanship. Jackpot head pipes are truly the highest quality, best fitting pipes available, and we back this up with a lifetime warranty on the product. Again, we thank you for your patience, and if you have any additional questions just let us know.

Thank you,
The Fuel Moto Team"

tjcaron 03-08-2019 01:00 PM

...and right on cue Jamie pops in with an explanation and apology.

wesley carter 03-08-2019 01:17 PM

Jamie and FM team, Got a call from Bob from FM.
Bob answered all the questions and concerns I had regarding my post. He is going to get my list next week regarding my parts and appointment in June.
Thank you for taking the time to look into this greatly appreciated...

Tarkus60 03-08-2019 02:05 PM

Yup there you go. A quality company.
They will get my money for sure.

94 ultra 03-08-2019 03:42 PM

Fuel Moto rules

be patient

You cant beat their service

23Seven 03-08-2019 04:42 PM

I knew there was something to this... FM has exceeded expectations with every purchase I’ve made so far. Customer service is rediculously awesome!

smitty901 03-08-2019 04:49 PM

Fuel Moto has earned a little room . If supplier and or going pains cause a delay. You are still better off waiting . Never dealt with an aftermarket supplier as worthy as Fuel Moto.

Jehu 03-08-2019 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy (Post 18089725)
Based on everything I know about them, they'll make it right. If they don't, I'll be surprised.

And that is what makes a good company.

Life has taught me that winds blow, fires burn, crops fail and s[tuff] happens ... it's what happens next that separates the wheat from the chaff.

nevada72 03-08-2019 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk (Post 18089349)
No reason whatsoever to doubt your problems with Fuel Moto .. Hopefully get it resolved soon .. I have dealt with them several times over the years and all have good results and happy endings ..

Happy endings? Happy endings?? I bought stuff from them and never even got one happy ending. Fuel Moto sucks!

Huskers 03-08-2019 06:48 PM

Great job Jamie as usual. Great company to deal with every time I have bought something from them.

Cazador 03-09-2019 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by nevada72 (Post 18091209)
Happy endings? Happy endings?? I bought stuff from them and never even got one happy ending. Fuel Moto sucks!

You have to know the secret handshake. There's a wink wink and a nod also.

nevada72 03-09-2019 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Cazador (Post 18092037)
You have to know the secret handshake. There's a wink wink and a nod also.

Dammit! I guess that's not their fault then.

In seriousness, I recently bought a pair of E series slip ons in black from the garage sale for dirt cheap. It couldn't have been better timing as it was exactly what I wanted and for a fraction of the price. So cheap that I was certain the nice young lady on the phone was going to say it was a misprint or they were gone. Nope - available and they shipped them immediately for cheap. I can't wait to get the bike out of storage and put them on.

On the OP's issue - I'm 100% certain it's due to the move. It really doesn't excuse a communication blackout or delay in shipping, but as has been said here, it's so out of the norm for them that I'm chalking it up as a mistake in some way shape or form and it will get sorted.

Edit - I see Jamie replied so another happy ending.

Doh!

Indawynd 03-10-2019 08:13 AM

Wednesday last week I checked in and the RT exhausts were just out of the platers. Ordered on Thursday and got shipping confirmation on Friday morn of the loose misc. Friday afternoon got confirmation of a shipment of the pipe.

You guys are ON IT.

I just need to figure out this secret handshake thing now.