General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luggage rack bags?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 01:07 PM
Taggs
Road Warrior
Received 441 Likes on 257 Posts

I picked up the HD premium collapsible luggage rack bag last year for a big trip. Secured well to the air wing tour pack luggage rack. Stayed dry after hours in heavy rain with the provided rain cover. I try not to overload on top with bags but it easily handled our leather and rain gear with room to spare.
Check me on part number, HD93300009
Cost was $100.00.

delete this post... just noticed it’s for a luggage rack not tour pack. ��

Last edited by Taggs; 04-15-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:56 PM
cowboydoc
Road Warrior

Received 1,087 Likes on 451 Posts

I have the HD rolling luggage bag that I use for longer road trips. It is huge and when I get where I'm going it has wheels to roll it inside.

For commuting to work or just 1-2 nights I use either a medium size T-bags duffel or a smaller Saddlemen deluxe roll bag.

All 3 have rain covers and I have ridden through some pretty heavy rain with each and everything inside stayed dry.

HD rolling luggage: https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...ng-touring-bag

Saddlemen deluxe roll bag: https://www.saddlemen.com/index.php?...-bag-universal

As mentioned above, T-bags is out of business, but they are great bags and can be found if you look around. I picked this one up on ebay for $35 and other than it being a little faded it was like new. I recently saw the same bag new in a shop for about $100.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:26 PM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

What i use bungie to the sissy bar.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:02 PM
FLSTFI Dave
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,968 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by Brewmany
T Bag here too. Sadly, they seem to have gone out of business.
Dang, that sucks. They made the best motorcycle luggage I have found, most functional too.

The following users liked this post:
Mxdad (04-16-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 09:15 PM
tommyglide
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The Leatherworks Inc,, amazing stuff for riders that dont mind paying for quality equipment made in the US.
I have several of their pieces that they shipped to Canada for me.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:37 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

The HD rolling luggage is my favorite. It's huge and fits everything you'd need for a week, more if you stop to do laundry half way through your trip. It fits over the sissy bar either on the passenger seat or luggage rack, but my only complaint is on the 18 and 19 Softails the sissy bar is shorter and narrower than the previous models so you do need some bungee cords and creative use of them to hold the luggage in place without it moving from side to side. The cover keeps everything dry even on torrential rain days, and it's perfect for wheeling in and out of hotels etc when everybody else is struggling to bring their bags inside.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:26 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,275 Likes on 6,248 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
The HD rolling luggage is my favorite. It's huge and fits everything you'd need for a week, more if you stop to do laundry half way through your trip. It fits over the sissy bar either on the passenger seat or luggage rack, but my only complaint is on the 18 and 19 Softails the sissy bar is shorter and narrower than the previous models so you do need some bungee cords and creative use of them to hold the luggage in place without it moving from side to side. The cover keeps everything dry even on torrential rain days, and it's perfect for wheeling in and out of hotels etc when everybody else is struggling to bring their bags inside.
X2

I have the wheeled and it makes stops at hotels so much more convenient. I also have the backpack and a smaller bag from this collection to use on shorter excursions or for daily use. The backpack holds my numerous bottles of medicine, iPad etc.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:36 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
edit - And now I realize you dont have a tour pak, so this post is irrelevant, sorry.
They fit on almost any rack, even if they don't sell one for your bike.
I gave them a call and with some measurements and couple pictures they sent me a rack with a couple extra parts (returned what I did not use).
Then I installed a Dry Bag on the rack, dry and secure.
Goes on and comes off in seconds.

The cooler in front of the dry bag comes in handy & I picked up some new straps for this years trip.

Last edited by GRWHD; 04-16-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:52 AM
Oko
Supporter
Received 3,873 Likes on 1,458 Posts

As this thread comes up once a year: I use a StormTech duffle. Thick, waterproof without having to put a cover on it. (The cover is yet another thing I would lose). And it has a flap over the zipper which is where water can creep in on bags that don't have the flap. I used to use the dive bags from sporting goods stores, but could never find black. StormTech makes several sizes.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:31 PM
RET_SCPO
Extreme HDF Member

Received 19,650 Likes on 6,279 Posts

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. My nearest H-D dealer had a Saddleman for $200.00 I really liked. I found the same bag on Amazon for 162 but haven't bought it yet. If someone has the same bag how do you like it? Reviews seem really good online. Here's a link to the bag:

Luggage bag. Luggage bag.

Last edited by RET_SCPO; 04-16-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Luggage rack bags?