General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Stupid is as Stupid does"

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 06:30 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

One thing about the story here that get me is, the couple that died had a home, kids, more then likely a car or truck to get around in, and obviously the Harley they were riding. After buying and spending money on those things, how could life insurance not be something to consider?. Every ride I've been to in the last few years has a donation can for the wife or family of a rider that didn't make it. Every biker site has go fund me pages. They can buy a Harley, chrome stuff and do motor work for their bike, but leave taking care their loved ones on the hope of people throwing a few bucks in a can. I feel bad for the family's, but not for the self centered rider who never thinks he doesn't need or want to be bothered with doing the right thing.,,,

The following users liked this post:
BuzzCap7 (04-28-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 06:33 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,342 Likes on 10,704 Posts

Originally Posted by big cahuna
One thing about the story here that get me is, the couple that died had a home, kids, more then likely a car or truck to get around in, and obviously the Harley they were riding. After buying and spending money on those things, how could life insurance not be something to consider?. Every ride I've been to in the last few years has a donation can for the wife or family of a rider that didn't make it. Every biker site has go fund me pages. They can buy a Harley, chrome stuff and do motor work for their bike, but leave taking care their loved ones on the hope of people throwing a few bucks in a can. I feel bad for the family's, but not for the self centered rider who never thinks he doesn't need or want to be bothered with doing the right thing.,,,
WOW!

Few times does someone ever turn me upside down on my head. WOW!!

So much about bikes, long distant riding, gear, is same-same but NOW that was a GREAT thought!!!!!

Huh.....it really makes me think. Not so sure I should mention it to others I ride with. I am insured but I wonder about the other guys.

Gd point CB, gd point. I'm going to go back and give you a LIKE.

Old 04-28-2019, 06:56 PM
Pulledmebackin
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
so i'm at a loss to figure out if your thread title is aimed towards the riders or yourself.....

i bet you're one of those people who feel that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. as long as it agrees with yours.
In other words a LIB!

Old 04-28-2019, 06:58 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,247 Likes on 1,517 Posts

A helmet has saved my head twict. I rode today without one. I like the choice. Most times I wear my helmet

Old 04-28-2019, 06:59 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Glass houses? I wear a helmet every day my friend.

Kind of same here. I did not ride until my kids are old enough, wife is well off, and I am still heavily insured. I hear you.

I am referring to riding a motorcycle as a “Glass House”. Wearing a helmet might be safer, but not riding a motorcycle is even safer. The amount of risk someone is willing to take should be up to the individual, not the state. Otherwise, motorcycles could be banned altogether.

Old 04-28-2019, 09:00 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,342 Likes on 10,704 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
I am referring to riding a motorcycle as a “Glass House”. Wearing a helmet might be safer, but not riding a motorcycle is even safer. The amount of risk someone is willing to take should be up to the individual, not the state. Otherwise, motorcycles could be banned altogether.
R750, I see, understand, and agree with you for sure. Personally, I dislike anyone telling me what I can or can not do. Especially the State or Feds who just love to overreach.

If I understood Mountainkowboy's comment above, he is saying I went to far saying anything about CNN. So after thinking abt it, (and if that is what he is saying or even if it is not) then I apologize to you. I was too much in the moment, or was to emotional and went to far.

Any time I feel I am wrong, then not only do I feel bad about it but I want to go back and apologize. So kindly accept my apology.

Mountainkowboy: <-- To you matey, your post made me correct the above with R750 so thanks to you matey! I will go back and give you a "Like". And one of these LOL! Only kidding, only kidding about the emoticon. I am off to give you the like right now.

The following 2 users liked this post by BuzzCap7:
Another Old Timer (04-29-2019), Mountainkowboy (04-29-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 10:09 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Did anyone notice the bike flipped after it hit a barbed wire fence. Put on your helmet and walk into a barb wire fence, then imagine what could happen at speed.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:53 AM
Mattbastard
Elite HDF Member

Received 1,408 Likes on 864 Posts

Calling them stupid for not wearing a helmet is your opinion. I would call them careless, it's more accurate. Wearing a helmet increases your chances of living after a motorcycle accident, no argument there. They were careless because now they've got four kids they clearly didn't care about spending time with of after the accident.

When you get in an accident in a car do you go flying away from the vehicle? Maybe, if you're not wearing your seat belt and the car flips around like a barrel. The argument relating wearing a helmet in a passenger car under normal driving conditions is stupid. As if there's even a moderate correlation between car accidents and motorcycle accidents.

The following users liked this post:
Another Old Timer (04-29-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 07:06 AM
assiniboine
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 2,788 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Up here Universal Health Care shadows Government safety concerns - something for those to consider that advocate one-payer health care delivery models.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:56 AM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by on3wego
Bet this thread didn't go the way the OP planned.

To quote a different philosopher:

The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.
Actually, it went exactly the way I thought it would. No surprise at all.

Quick Reply: "Stupid is as Stupid does"