General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar rope thing

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 09:57 AM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior
Received 1,211 Likes on 597 Posts

I will have to learn how to box stitch.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:50 AM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,867 Likes on 6,240 Posts

You should put a black & white one on one handlebar, and a red & white one on the other, so you can be treated like a king anywhere in the country.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:59 AM
BluesStringer
Road Master

Received 690 Likes on 367 Posts

I've been a perennial hang-around with a small local club for goin' on three years now. I never noticed if all of 'em have GBWs, but most of 'em do, and yes, they're all the same and they are all braided out of the club colors, which happen to be blue, black and white. I asked the Prez one day if the colors mean anything and he said yeah they do, but he wasn't gonna tell me unless I decided to probate. That's cool sez I, but I was jus' wonderin' if you realized that your colors are the same as the blue line flag patch that the local cops all wear on their chests. I notice weird things like that. Prez jus' laughed and said he was gonna steal one and fly it as his own colors on the next run.

I don't guess hang-arounds are usually permanent fixtures with clubs. I don't really know, but there was a kind of "fate" thing that brought us together. I thought seriously about probating with them but decided it wasn't for me. In the interim, that fate thing served to make us good friends, so I still hang around. I would never put a GBW on my bike, whether or not I probated or eventually patched in. That ain't for me either. But I literally couldn't give a **** less if anyone else does sport one on their bike, or if it's on the left side or the right side, or if it's thought by them to be a weapon or a decoration, or if it smacks them or their bike in the wind, or any of that stuff. I believe that government should make actual freedom legal, which it ain't in this country by a long-shot. But I expect of my friends that they accept and extend freedom to everyone whether everyone is doin' what they'd do or not.

Blues

The following users liked this post:
Haarley (05-01-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 187 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by FLSSN
Only if you weave me a rainbow colored box stitch lanyard getback whip
So that is your "club" association. I'm not judging....I am getting a Unicorn and Rainbow airbrushed on my fender.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:00 PM
FLSSN
Stage IV
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well then you just became the newest member of the Rainbow Outlaws, "always shining & never discriminating". For our first run, we'll bring Zerk a box of doughnuts with rainbow sprinkles.

The following users liked this post:
Hdbkstl (05-01-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 12:23 PM
BelchFire
Received 5,156 Likes on 1,947 Posts

Originally Posted by Hdbkstl
So that is your "club" association. I'm not judging....I am getting a Unicorn and Rainbow airbrushed on my fender.
Here's a good pattern to take to your airbrush artist ...
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/g...e-unicorn-cake

Old 05-01-2019, 12:51 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Is is funny that I have no clue, seriosly, where to even buy one!?

Old 05-01-2019, 12:56 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

i guess people these days could attach a star bucks card to the end of it, pull up to starbucks then start whipping the people outside with it.

Old 05-01-2019, 12:58 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSSN
This millennial just bought his first Harley; however, you are correct with your assumption...it's guys like him that do everything but encourage younger riders to make the switch. And now that I've made my first post, I can't wait to slap a fat rope on my ride!

LOL! Easy bud
Oh man...its guys like that that make me want to drive my harley off a cliff. douche bag complete

Old 05-01-2019, 01:18 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

1. Ive seen thousands on bikes. Decades ago at CoC meetings, club events, benefits, these were common in club colors.
2. Ive NEVER seen or even heard of ANYONE using it as a weapon or on a cage. This myth will never die if the inexperienced "bikers" continue to believe it.
3. Once stickers became easier to make, more common, greater variety etc the GBW became a rare decoration.
5. I have one packed away somewhere in club colors. A gift from a diff era.

Don't care if you have one or not.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mi3ninos:
HAOLE (05-01-2019), LoneBone (05-01-2019)

Quick Reply: Handlebar rope thing