General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDF Member of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 05:58 AM
Steve Sportster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2,256 Likes on 1,096 Posts

Congratulations Buzzcap7 (Mark)!

Nice write up Sarah93003!

The following users liked this post:
Sarah93003 (01-31-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 06:36 AM
BelchFire
Received 5,156 Likes on 1,947 Posts

Congratulations, BuzzCap7; it sounds like a well deserved feather in your buzz ... er, cap ... uh, somewhere...

Sarah, I applaud your writeup. Of course, you can't log in here twice without knowing who BuzzCap7 is, but fully half of your writeup was news to me. This is a great thing and will really help us to know our regular contributors better.

Kudos to you both!

Sarah93003 (01-31-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 06:55 AM
fxdup
Road Warrior
Received 950 Likes on 605 Posts

Peeeeooooowww...

hvacgaspiping (02-12-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 06:58 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,451 Likes on 10,727 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
Our HDF community continues to grow and has become quite large over the years. Many of our members have ten or more years of active posting in our subforums. Friendships are formed, many lasting for years. Some of our members meet other members and share a memorable ride and casual conversation. Some of our members enjoy "forum popularity" and some are just loved for who they are. Our Administrators and Moderators have kicked around the idea of recognizing a "Member of the Month". In the Moderators Room the Admins and Mods will nominate an HDF member each month. We will have discussions to recognize their accomplishments until one member has risen to the top and is named as Member of the Month. Return to this sticky thread each month to meet the next Member of the Month.

As January comes to a close, we are very happy to introduce our first Member of the Month: Buzzcap7.
<<<For The Sake Of Brevity, The Main Part Of This Post Was Deleted By Me, BuzzCap7>>>
I have the great honor to be the first to congratulate Buzzcap7, our first Member of the Month!
My Acceptance Speech:

Thank You Thank You Thank you

To all of you who took the time and effort to put this event together, the voting, the origination of this the Member of the Month (MOM) Award or MOMA, the time and effort to put the spectacular write up together, it is truly an honor and privilege to be the first recipient.

I am truly blown away to be in the running let alone the MOMA (if I may) recipient. If you know me at all, you know I LOVE joking around, playing, 'juss having FUN. And I really do mean from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I am beyond words (which for me is pretty rare).

Huh, maybe there should be like a Hall Of Fame or a MOMA archives.... OH YEAH OH YEAH ooops, I lost it for a moment. (Or did I?)

This is one of those times my friends, that no matter how much you would like to put what is in your heart on paper.....the result pales to reflect its true poignancy. Rather to go on and on............please understand, I do not take this lightly. From the deepest part of me, THANK YOU and LOVE YOU ALL with the greatest of RESPECT!!

Originally Posted by FUJILICIOUS
Congrats Buzzcap7!
Thank you FS.

Originally Posted by soldierbot
Congrats, Mark, and thanks to Sarah for such a lovely bio about your rides, career, and family life.
Thank you SB. Yes, S-003 did a spectacular job.

I was feeling bad. When S-003 asked questions of me and it said "short bio" in the subject matter......I went on like diarrhea mouth. But you would never know it. No complaint from S-003. She sifted through the information like a trooper with the onslaught of information she had and came out with a terrific bio. I started to really wonder who this BuzzCap7 is and started to really admire him.

Originally Posted by Kodiak198
Nice write-up and congrats Buzzcapp7. The bar has been set high.

If you are a short person then you might want a stool or something to stand on.
LOL!!! What a beautiful thing to say K-198. TY.

Originally Posted by oldsoldier181
Congrats to Buzzcap7!
I think this is a fantastic idea. It likely wont dissuade me from my posts, but, I do like that forum regulars who are positive contributors will get some well deserved recognition!
Excellent points. One should always remain "authentic" to who you are and your recognition for others speaks volumes to your healthy self-image.

Very well put my friend and thank you.

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
Congrats BuzzCap7!!!!

Wear it proudly, but know you can't catch me

Peeeooooowww!!!
LOLOLOL!!! It is so funi when you see ones personality or style of writing like you did above "used against me" so-to-speak. It is kind of eerie. Like YIKES ...........someone is really listening to me? LOL Peeeeoooooooowwww..........

I recognize you Dsm Ltd...............you are a part of this whole MOMA program happening. THANK YOU very much Dsm Ltd. I know a lot more goes on behind the scenes than any of us are aware of. Thank you.... It is all greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by RK_Classic
Congrats Buzz.

rk classic.
Thank you. Thank you........

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
What a great idea! Congratulations Buzzcap7!
Thank you. Thank you........I appreciate that. You RKC above, the guys below etc........

Originally Posted by Kawickrice
Congrats Buzzy on being the first to grace the MOM (Member Of Month) club
Thank you Kwickie.....really appreciate that. You know something KR, I always admire someone that makes a comment like you just did. As well as the others above bcs in order to compliment another (IMHO), and certainly truly mean it my friend, you need to have your own ego bridled and self-image well intact. And clearly you do.

Which to me, is one of the greatest attributes one can have. It adds so much to ones character.

Sorry for veering off a simple and appreciative Thank You but what or how you said what you said spurred me onto this. Thank you and CONGRATs to you and others.

Originally Posted by Dan D.
Yay! More worthless participation trophies!
DannyD my friend. You make me smile. I love 'ya man. Honestly, where would this HDF be if it were not for Trollies?

Really DD. Now, and only now do I feel this entire MOMA posting is complete. We have non-Trollies and Trollies here....si I feel a completeness. Thank you for your "yay".

Old 01-31-2020, 06:59 AM
Sarah93003
Club Member
Received 30,067 Likes on 6,791 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan D.
Yay! More worthless participation trophies!
Au contraire! Member of the Month gets perks! Mark will receive a free one year Club Membership with its usual swag and accoutrements.

This membership is packed with surprises, such as knowledge of our secret handshake, access to the hidden chambers, and an open arms soiree to a private party to hobnob with he best. Wait, theres more. Mark will receive a virtual crown for the day with matching virtual robe so all may know his special status. As if that isn't enough. Mark also receives a popcorn gif to be used 24/7 anywhere in the forum when folks are posting ad nauseam and his own theme song that will play in the background of his mind. There is still more! The feature rich package also comes with a set of Ginsu knives, the coveted Popeil pocket fisherman, and a one year unlimited use of the Oxyclean laundromat service.

Who will be February's Member of the Month?

The following 9 users liked this post by Sarah93003:
05UltraBob (02-10-2020), 5wheels (02-01-2020), BuzzCap7 (01-31-2020), Chicago_FJR (03-12-2020), hvacgaspiping (02-12-2020), J F GO (02-12-2020), Naz (01-31-2020), SmokeyHill (02-01-2020), Zedbra (01-31-2020) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-31-2020, 07:06 AM
Sarah93003
Club Member
Received 30,067 Likes on 6,791 Posts

Originally Posted by Kodiak198
Nice write-up and congrats Buzzcapp7. The bar has been set high.

If you are a short person then you might want a stool or something to stand on.
Do you have stool samples our short folks can check out?

The following 6 users liked this post by Sarah93003:
5wheels (02-01-2020), hvacgaspiping (02-12-2020), luisan (01-02-2021), SmokeyHill (02-01-2020), TriGeezer (01-31-2020), Uncle Larry (01-31-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-31-2020, 07:11 AM
ramblin5
Road Master

Received 217 Likes on 110 Posts

Congrats, Buzzcap. Well deserved! Keep on riding and posting.

Old 01-31-2020, 07:11 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Congrats Mark. It is very well deserved. Now you know how you are appreciated here.

Sarah93003 (01-31-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 07:12 AM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarah93003
Au contraire! Member of the Month gets perks! Mark will receive a free one year Club Membership with its usual swag and accoutrements.

This membership is packed with surprises, such as knowledge of our secret handshake, access to the hidden chambers, and an open arms soiree to a private party to hobnob with he best. Wait, theres more. Mark will receive a virtual crown for the day with matching virtual robe so all may know his special status. As if that isn't enough. Mark also receives a popcorn gif to be used 24/7 anywhere in the forum when folks are posting ad nauseam and his own theme song that will play in the background of his mind. There is still more! The feature rich package also comes with a set of Ginsu knives, the coveted Popeil pocket fisherman, and a one year unlimited use of the Oxyclean laundromat service.

Who will be February's Member of the Month?
You forgot to mention the key to the executive washroom.

Sarah93003 (01-31-2020)
Old 01-31-2020, 07:15 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,523 Likes on 6,272 Posts

I’m not a fan of this. Members who are here long enough know who the all stars on HDF are. This reeks of Oligarchy. We should be a brotherhood, not cliques of elites.

I congratulate Buzz, obviously one of our most flamboyant members, but don’t like this feature. Maybe a poll should have been done first, to see if we wanted this.

If this is a joke and It went over my head, I apologize. If I’m a Buzzkill (pun intended) I apologize for that too, I just have a gut reaction to this hype. I have to go outside to yell at some kids to get off my lawn.

The following 3 users liked this post by Ron750:
cficole (02-15-2020), chuckw2 (02-11-2020), nobodyknowsme (03-06-2020)

Quick Reply: HDF Member of the Month