General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Le Pera seats? Tailwhip

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 10:16 AM
StoneTrekker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,864 Likes on 909 Posts

You never know until you try. I hope you think it's great. I'm sure you'll like the shape, form and quality of the seat. The only remaining question is personal comfort and that will be key. Best of luck!

Old 06-02-2021, 11:31 AM
Bikes and Boards
Tourer
Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

Have you looked at Corbins? I ride a Road Glide Special and love my Corbin seat. Harley stock seats are so cheap and begging to be upgraded.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:41 AM
RGS88
Road Warrior
Received 1,846 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by Dillbilly Bone
You never know until you try. I hope you think it's great. I'm sure you'll like the shape, form and quality of the seat. The only remaining question is personal comfort and that will be key. Best of luck!
Here's hoping!

Originally Posted by Bikes and Boards
Have you looked at Corbins? I ride a Road Glide Special and love my Corbin seat. Harley stock seats are so cheap and begging to be upgraded.
I did look at them, but between nothing being in stock, higher prices, and nowhere local to test them, I didn't want to commit that much money on one right now.

I'm trying to find that *perfect* balance between a wide/supportive rider seat, adequate passenger seat, and still have good looking lines. I love the step-up look, so I'm really really hoping this seat isn't like riding on concrete.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:46 AM
luckiestiff
Road Master
Received 650 Likes on 290 Posts

Jeff Holt from V-Twin Visionary did a 2000 mile review of the tail whip and gave it a thumbs up. See link below
Tail whip seat review

I'm running the San Diego Customs step up and I love it. Link below
SDC Step Up

Last edited by luckiestiff; 06-02-2021 at 11:48 AM. Reason: added more info
Old 06-02-2021, 11:54 AM
Craigny
Road Master
Received 380 Likes on 229 Posts

I have the Kickflip on my Dyna. For the rider this particular model is great. Awesome lumbar support with the high back and the seat is very comfortable. Although I haven't done any touring length trips with it yet i'd feel safe to say it would be more than comfortable for me as a rider. With this model however the tail/passenger section is not really ideal for long term passenger riding but if you're going with the wife only 5-10 percent of the time I think you'd be ok for short rides...probably a bit better with the tailwhip due to the rear bump for passenger support. . I've had a couple of their seats and have been very happy with their products.

The following users liked this post:
RGS88 (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 12:00 PM
REW13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 767 Likes on 634 Posts

I had a badlander reworked by meancity cycle and it was comfortable for me, not for wife who just started to ride.. She like the Mustang vintage I also have so do I but it pushes me up an inch in height, so got a seat from c&c. She likes it can ride definitely further, and I like it because it dropped me back down... But I get the lovely occasional hot spot...
Like the look of the tail whip, reminds me of motocross seat I used to have on my bicycle..

RGS88 (06-02-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 01:08 PM
RGS88
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by luckiestiff
Jeff Holt from V-Twin Visionary did a 2000 mile review of the tail whip and gave it a thumbs up. See link below
Tail whip seat review

I'm running the San Diego Customs step up and I love it. Link below
SDC Step Up
Awesome, I'll check the links out when I'm back on a PC!

Originally Posted by Craigny
I have the Kickflip on my Dyna. For the rider this particular model is great. Awesome lumbar support with the high back and the seat is very comfortable. Although I haven't done any touring length trips with it yet i'd feel safe to say it would be more than comfortable for me as a rider. With this model however the tail/passenger section is not really ideal for long term passenger riding but if you're going with the wife only 5-10 percent of the time I think you'd be ok for short rides...probably a bit better with the tailwhip due to the rear bump for passenger support. . I've had a couple of their seats and have been very happy with their products.
My wife couldn't really tell the difference between my stock seats and the HD low profile seats, so I'm guessing she might not even notice if I swap to the Tailwhip...

Craigny (06-02-2021)
Old 06-04-2021, 02:43 PM
RGS88
Road Warrior

So far, 44 miles into our journey, I'm liking it. Sits me higher than the HD low profile solo, but not too much. I'll probably get a taller windscreen.

No sore spots like I usually get in that short amount of time, and I'm liking the "backrest" of the step up portion of the seat. I am noticing that my right leg now *barely* touches the intake elbow of the Arlen Ness air cleaner, which wasn't an issue with the low profile seat.

Biggest test will be to see if the wife notices it tomorrow when we go for our ride

The following 2 users liked this post by RGS88:
pei_guy (06-05-2021), Thingfish (10-15-2021)
Old 06-05-2021, 06:15 AM
Madison Bill
Road Warrior

Received 1,028 Likes on 508 Posts

LePera bare bones here, fits like it was molded on my bike and excellent quality. I will also say it is very comfortable for the first 3 minutes of my ride.

RGS88 (06-05-2021)
Old 06-05-2021, 09:57 AM
RGS88
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Madison Bill
LePera bare bones here, fits like it was molded on my bike and excellent quality. I will also say it is very comfortable for the first 3 minutes of my ride.
A whole 3 minutes??

I should have mentioned, the fitment is 100% perfect. Unlike the stock seat, there was no bending to get it in place.

Trying to get the wife out for a ride today, it's in the 80's so she can't use the "it's too cold" excuse...

Quick Reply: Le Pera seats? Tailwhip