General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to a HD Boutique, to Buy Now, Hoping for Great Resale, and to get a 131 crate engine!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 07:30 AM
CaffeineBuzz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,441 Likes on 4,134 Posts

Originally Posted by Rounders
Kept the street safe by limiting CVOs to 100mph.
i'm limited, but i'm not safe

The following users liked this post:
Rounders (04-09-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 11:09 AM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,852 Likes on 1,462 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by CaffeineBuzz
i'm limited, but i'm not safe
I was hoping you would see that. I am not smart enough to get a smiley face, I clicked on it, but not popping up. I remember old days you could just type the short cut

Ok, found the smiley, but not where it is supposed to be

Old 04-10-2024, 08:06 AM
Rains2much
Road Warrior
Received 1,216 Likes on 558 Posts

I think it’s a long overdue and welcome turn of events that Harley is finally making big inch motors. I think it’s a really good move to have them available semi under warranty, and I think it was a good financial decision for them to give the dealers a taste of that instead of it always going to the aftermarket world. Since this thread is the positive side I’ll leave off with all the problems are with that in my opinion.

I think it’s a huge positive they came out with the Nightster and Sportster S. Harley desperately and I mean desperately needed these bikes to stay relevant with anyone young. (Again, I won’t bring into this the negatives of its price point and missing the demographic that needs it)

I think it’s a huge positive that they’ve stopped dumping money into the electric bike scene.

I think it’s good that they’re making peace that AMF saved them from liquidation and pumped money into them so they could make the Evo, put electric start on all of their bikes, update the charging systems and cut their teeth into modern manufacturing practices so they could stay relevant, prosper, and move forward. I am thrilled that they are winking at the heritage with some of the paint schemes, logos, and T-shirts. Sure, maybe it’s a cash grab hoping to hang onto some of its core clients from the past. I won’t fault them for it, it’s a welcome adjustment to the Harley demeanor.

I think it’s good that they have free coffee at most of their service department. I’ll never benefit from it but Coffee is always a good thing.

Old 04-10-2024, 02:35 PM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,638 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by Rains2much
I think it’s a long overdue and welcome turn of events that Harley is finally making big inch motors. I think it’s a really good move to have them available semi under warranty, and I think it was a good financial decision for them to give the dealers a taste of that instead of it always going to the aftermarket world. Since this thread is the positive side I’ll leave off with all the problems are with that in my opinion.

I think it’s a huge positive they came out with the Nightster and Sportster S. Harley desperately and I mean desperately needed these bikes to stay relevant with anyone young. (Again, I won’t bring into this the negatives of its price point and missing the demographic that needs it)
I have to agree with that. While I get the "Harley is deviating from what made Harley Harley" but I think they needed/need that. I'm 61 and bought my first Harley (2020 Fat Bob) at 58. I had never stepped foot in a Harley dealer until then. Now look, 3 years later I still have the Fat Bob and added a Low Rider ST.

No manufacture does iteration and change perfectly, but I think Harley does try new things. Some stick, some fail, but that's better than not trying. (In my humble opinion)

Old 04-10-2024, 03:40 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,234 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Originally Posted by Calif Fat Bob
No manufacture does iteration and change perfectly, but I think Harley does try new things. Some stick, some fail, but that's better than not trying. (In my humble opinion)
They've always deviated. They made singles, flat twins, and V-twins; they've made them in America and they've bought Italian bikes and stuck the Harley name on them. They've made boats and golf carts and a scooter and at least one model of motocross bike. They've made air-cooled, oil-cooled, and liquid-cooled engines. They've made touring bikes and cruisers and dirt bikes and bicycles and electric bikes and electric motorcycles and factory race bikes and things like the V-Rod Destroyer and beginner bikes. They've made engines as small as 125 cc and currently offer a single-cylinder 440cc model in India and a couple of liquid-cooled 350cc & 500cc parallel twins in China. They've made bikes under at least 6 different brand names, including H-D, Buell, Cagiva, MV Augusta, LiveWire, and Aermacchi, and are currently putting their name on bikes made by joint ventures in India and China.

Harley's always offered a lot more than a big V-twin. Nothing they've offered has really caught on like the big V-twin though, but that doesn't stop them from trying to branch out.

The following 2 users liked this post by FatBob2018:
Calif Fat Bob (04-11-2024), stratplexi (04-13-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 03:46 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,750 Likes on 3,515 Posts

Plus, snowmobiles

The following 2 users liked this post by roussfam:
FatBob2018 (04-10-2024), Oko (04-12-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 08:44 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,216 Likes on 5,628 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
They've always deviated. They made singles, flat twins, and V-twins; they've made them in America and they've bought Italian bikes and stuck the Harley name on them. They've made boats and golf carts and a scooter and at least one model of motocross bike. They've made air-cooled, oil-cooled, and liquid-cooled engines. They've made touring bikes and cruisers and dirt bikes and bicycles and electric bikes and electric motorcycles and factory race bikes and things like the V-Rod Destroyer and beginner bikes. They've made engines as small as 125 cc and currently offer a single-cylinder 440cc model in India and a couple of liquid-cooled 350cc & 500cc parallel twins in China. They've made bikes under at least 6 different brand names, including H-D, Buell, Cagiva, MV Augusta, LiveWire, and Aermacchi, and are currently putting their name on bikes made by joint ventures in India and China.

Harley's always offered a lot more than a big V-twin. Nothing they've offered has really caught on like the big V-twin though, but that doesn't stop them from trying to branch out.
And dont forget about all of the coffee mugs, shot glasses, T-shirts, pencil sharpeners, tampons, pocketknives, toilet seats, ******, frying pans, toothbrushes, sleeping bags, ***** pumps, golf clubs, ... the list goes on and on.

Old 04-11-2024, 11:30 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,750 Likes on 3,515 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
And dont forget about all of the coffee mugs, shot glasses, T-shirts, pencil sharpeners, tampons, pocketknives, toilet seats, ******, frying pans, toothbrushes, sleeping bags, ***** pumps, golf clubs, ... the list goes on and on.
Wait, what, ***** Pumps??

Calif Fat Bob (04-11-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 12:06 PM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,638 Likes on 858 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
I have to admit I have a "couple" of those Harley branded items.

Old 04-11-2024, 12:58 PM
HiDrag
Road Captain
Received 298 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Calif Fat Bob
With all the HD bashing that goes on in General Chat, I wonder if we could fill a thread about the Good Things Harley can and has done?

I'll start. Without the latest design changes and newer sportier models, I would have never consider a Harley for my next bike. I was actually looking at Indian and Triumph to fill my cruiser itch.
Harley has a multi million dollar marketing budget to do that.

Calif Fat Bob (04-11-2024)

Quick Reply: Went to a HD Boutique, to Buy Now, Hoping for Great Resale, and to get a 131 crate engine!