General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you use Nitrogen in your tires ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RE: Do you use Nitrogen in your tires ?

ORIGINAL: OldFenderGuy

I stick with the best....

Nothing but 'approved and endorsed' official Harley Davidson Certified Air for me.

You ROCK man !!!, I have been searching the world over for a product like this. Now I can deflate the tires on my Honda Shadow ACE, fill em' back up with Harley approved air, and BAM......now my Honda will sound just like a Harley.......That's a HUGE bargain at $500, in fact, i'll take 3 !!!! I am actually going to stick the hose in my mouth and inject Harley approved air in my stomach, so when I fart, it will sound like "potato-potato-potato".......

Old 09-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Road_Clam

ORIGINAL: Lost1

There's a word for those who start a topic just to argue...

TROLL

[sm=bustedsign.gif] [sm=loser.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
An even worsecj_slowdown rides a BMW sport tourer, not a Harley...
Ahhh, no wonder.
That explains a lot...

I'm thinkin our boy CJ has been-

[IMG]local://upfiles/26619/3A3F41E055104BAE97EA4AED6ABFA218.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bowtieman31

you put a post on the board, ask folks what they think, and then promptly put them down for not agreeing with you. The next time you ask for opinions, let the folks here express theirs just as freely as you have yours. Some will agree with you, most will not, thats what makes us individuals.
It appears that we have been using compressed air in our tires for as long as they've been invented to hold air. I've been around a long time and personally I haven't seen any catastrophic failures due to compressed air, nor rim failures and any of the other items you had mentioned. Personally I think it's a waste of time, money and effort to fill your tires with nitrogen. I'll continue to use air in my tires.
"Bowtieman31"
"you put a post on the board, ask folks what they think, and then promptly put them down for not agreeing with you. The next time you ask for opinions, let the folks here express theirs just as freely as you have yours. Some will agree with you, most will not, thats what makes us individuals."
You show me an example of that, someone responding to my question in a civil way, and I just jump all over them, for just expressing yheir opinion, go for it, I only respond to how I am addressed, that’s is it buddy, if anyone comes on with some kind of smartass approach, then get ready, to put down a AH who adds more than an "opinion," is open season, in my life, it’s very clear you read what you want/think was said on here, think it could be a little more to it, than that, ? like 180 degs ?
"Bowtieman31"
"It appears that we have been using compressed air in our tires for as long as they've been invented to hold air. I've been around a long time and personally I haven't seen any catastrophic failures due to compressed air, nor rim failures and any of the other items you had mentioned. Personally I think it's a waste of time, money and effort to fill your tires with nitrogen. I'll continue to use air in my tires."
Here we go again, what is it, ? something in the water, some drink here ? who said, you will have or even hinted that using regular air (instead of nitrogen) will lead or chances are or maybe ! cause "catastrophic failures" who, me ? some of you people really amazes me, I never seen so many people "reading into something that is not there" ! but they would swear to it in a court of law, no wonder some people are convicted and sent to jail, innocent ! in my response to "Road_Clam" go back and re-read it, go ahead I’ll wait…. Now see ?
I used an example of being low in air pressure, what was in there after I explained it, I said.. "here comes that 3 + lbs of low air (damn even nitrogen) but the odds are higher that with that (high cost) nitrogen it won’t be low as that air, the tire starts to wobble in the slick rain,…."
I was using a tire low on air or even nitrogen, it doesn’t matter whats in it, if low your in trouble, I think I made that clear.
Please, think twice going on jury duty……………
"Bowtieman31"
"and any other items you mentioned "
You mean the people and organizations, trades that use it, you mean ? : - ))) remember, I didn’t invent the use of nitrogen in tires, others have.
[left][color=#0000cc]As I tol

Old 09-25-2007, 08:16 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Road_Clam

There's a word for those who start a topic just to argue...

TROLL

[sm=bustedsign.gif] [sm=loser.gif] [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
An even worsecj_slowdown rides a BMW sport tourer, not a Harley...
Ahhh, no wonder.
That explains a lot...

I'm thinkin our boy CJ has been-

[IMG]local://upfiles/26619/3A3F41E055104BAE97EA4AED6ABFA218.jpg[/IMG]
"Lost1"
"Ahhh, no wonder.
That explains a lot... "

"I'm thinkin our boy CJ has been- owned "
What do I have here ? a cheerleader ! with pom poms, ! or is it a slight of hand artist ? I think both, I see the style, it’s been used on me more than a few times, what your yelling is, "hay, everybody he is this, that, he rides a honda, he is a toll, etc, etc… look here no, no, I mean over here, there, no back here, anywhere, everywhere but on the subject of the post, please don’t look there, because it’s only me, hiding behind the curtin, because I got my *** handed too me, and I got to change the subject, quick."
I have pop-corn, I am in it for the long haul, just stay on targetI meanthe subject.
yeah, right you for one could never owned me, on your best day or with back-up.
Still ride safe, we can only hope, huh ?
cj

Old 09-25-2007, 08:21 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

"SteveM"
"Main Entry: your
Pronunciation: y&r, 'yur, 'yor
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English Eower; akin to Old English Eow you
1 : of or relating to you or yourself or yourselves especially as possessor or possessors <your bodies>, agent or agents <your contributions>, or object or objects of an action <your discharge>
2 : of or relating to one or oneself <when you face the north, east is at your right>
3 -- used with little or no meaning almost as an equivalent to the definite article the <your typical teenager>

Main Entry: you're
Pronunciation: y&r, 'yur, 'yor, "yü-&r
1: Contraction of you are"

SteveM,
Are you the fan boy, ? trying to keep your boy Lost1, cool ?
I’ve seen this style also, point out the little things, like "Pronunciation" yeah, I do run into to this, I admit it, one reason is typing too fast, wanting to do others things besides just making a point and last not really going over it, before I click the ok, button. No question guilty as charged, but maybe I can help you with my past responses ?
But tell me, mr. "copy and paste" is it because you truly couldn’t "understand me" or is it you couldn’t come back with anything else on the subject ? I never heard that my "Pronunciation" was so bad, one couldn’t at least get the drift of it ? having trouble ?
It’s simple really, just "copy and paste" (which I know your good at) the part or section you really can not fully understand, please respond to me and let me take a few hours out of my busy schedule to put it in clearer terms, how is that ?
cj
see I forgot to add Ride safe ! I got to work on it.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Kolni
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey cj, I bet you use Octane Boost also huh?

Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Kolni

Hey cj, I bet you use Octane Boost also huh?
“Kolni”

“Hey cj, I bet you use Octane Boost also huh? “

Hey, Kolni, no, I don’t, there hasn’t been good octane gas since 260 Sunoco, I believe it was 102 octane, but I really don’t need Octane Boost now, not with 86 HP out of a new S&S engine, I have my Boost, but I bet yours runs on corn syrup gas ? good luck !

Ride safe with whatever HP you have

cj

Old 09-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member

"...just stay on targetI meanthe subject."
Why? The "subject" was exhausted after the first few posts. All the factual info was going in one direction from us to you, and all you were presenting in return was whiny defenses of your
disjointed gibberish. You throw insults and start arguments, then cry "foul" when your feelings get hurt.

Go troll the Goldwing forums...

Old 09-26-2007, 05:34 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

"...just stay on targetI meanthe subject."
Why? The "subject" was exhausted after the first few posts. All the factual info was going in one direction from us to you, and all you were presenting in return was whiny defenses of your
disjointed gibberish. You throw insults and start arguments, then cry "foul" when your feelings get hurt.

Go troll the Goldwing forums...
"cj_slowdown"
"...just stay on target I mean the subject."
"Lost1"
"Why? The "subject" was exhausted after the first few posts. All the factual info was going in one direction from us to you,"
Can you list all your or others "factual info" I seem to have miss that direction ? I got the "cost thing" over and over, but all the other "factual info" other than that exhausted one point, did I mention, over and over thing ?

"Lost1"
"and all you were presenting in return was whiny defenses of your disjointed gibberish."
Now I can see why most reporters get things so screwed up, how they can be in the middle of something and still get it 100% wrong ! your not a radio/tv/newspaper reporter are you ??
All I presented was whiny defenses and my disjointed gibberish ?
Listing all I could at the time, including who is using nitrogen in tires
Tire makers who now switch to nitrogen
The Rubber Manufacturers Association (these are the people who make all the brands of tires)
Long haul truckers using nitrogen
GM shipping out ’08 trucks with nitrogen
We know air planes use it
"Lost1"
"You throw insults and start arguments,…."
Can you actually give me some examples of "throw insults and start arguments,…." But you must promise that you will include (or I will) what leads up to my so-called insults, you see that is most important, it all comes down to who started what first, I hope you don’t mean the first post ?
Was I starting an argument when I suggested that some riders, my self include, may not check their own air-pressure as often as we should ? which "could" lead to a world of hurt, maybe I was, what I got back (2X) was a response stating.
"If you don't check the air in your tires after a few months of not riding then you deserve to crash."
So, if anyone here hasn’t check their tire pressure since July 25, there is, I know, it’s hard to believe we have a fellow biker, that states: we / me "deserve to crash" ? and to think, we stupidly thought we had only cars drivers to be concern about ?
"Lost1"
"… then cry "foul" when your feelings get hurt."
[left][color=#0000cc]Oh, please don’t even think that, I can have my "feelings hurt" maybe, if it did ever happen, it had to be, what, when I was 3 or 4 years

Old 09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member

CJ- please provide documented proof that using nitrogen in motorcycle tires provides any sort of tangible gain over regular air. You've told us who uses it, but show us documented proof that their using it has some tangible advantage over air. Shouldn't be too hard to find given its apparent advantages...

BTW- A dealer pimping it like in your last blurb hardly qualifies as documented proof. He's looking to sell nitrogen to the gullible and the uninformed. From that same website you cited:
"The Cost to inflate your tires with Nitrogen is $5 per tire. We will purge the compressed air (oxygen) out of you tire and re-inflate the tire with Dry Nitrogen."
I'll bet this same dealer tells his customers any accessories, lubricants, etc. not HD-branded and bought at his store will void the factory warranty...

P.T. Barnum certainly had his hand on the pulse of the American consumer... [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Quick Reply: Do you use Nitrogen in your tires ?