General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Twolf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What would you do?

ORIGINAL: pococj

License number, cell phone, call-a-cop: ruin the jerk-wad's weekend.
ORIGINAL: shoptroll

With the OL on the back, you did the right thing. Gota watch out for yer passenger #1. If yer alone, drop behindand follow the turd home so you know where they live. Then you can plan your retribution at your leisure.
I agree with both of these guys! [sm=lildevil.gif]
Although I sometimes carry, it is of NO USE to get into a potential firefight with an idiot! Firepower should ONLY be used when the goblin pulls a piece on you first! Even here in NM, with our great gun laws, "self-defense" needs ta be clear-cut! Then, all bets are off.

I usually just let it all go, myself.

I have had a few morons try ta play some deadly "I'm in a vehicle bigger than yours" games in the past, but WE have the advantage of being quicker
and faster on the bikes. We also have agility and the option of getting off the road or simply turning around and haulin' azz in the other direction if necessary.

None of us were there when this incident went down, so it it don't matter what we would have done. You did the right thing by your actions at the time and nowbeing able to relate your story instead of being dead or laid up in a hospital.

Take care, and ride safe.

<Sorry, did not know the guy was from outta state, maybe ya SHOULDA shot him and blasted pipes!!! hehe! >

Old 09-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 717 Likes on 275 Posts

Twisted thats why you did the right thing......I am sorry about your Bro...Thats not justice! Problem is it very personal when someone plays to a point of killing you! And you want by nature to remove the threat and deal with it...... Trust me you did the right thing....I am glad this punks doors were locked....It saved us all a bunch of grief even though my life was in this punks hands with 3500lbs at my rear trying to eat me.... And then purposely trying to blind me in smoke for flipping him off as he passed?....... I do not even think flipping off is safe these days in motion next to a cage... Everyone wants the last word to badly these days.....And he almost had me.....

Old 09-30-2007, 12:00 AM
x2lee
Banned

yup forget about it and smile, its good for the heart.
ORIGINAL: max56

You did the right thing...what I wish I would do in the same instance. Trouble is, I've got a mean side to me doesn't like to back down. It's the dumbest thing in the world to spur on a situation like that, but sometimes the dumb road is very satisfying. The prior poster that mentioned the 44 mag was spot on. You never know what can happen.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:06 AM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

ORIGINAL: xlr8rtwisted

It happened to be a perfect day for fists in the wind. The OL and I head out to our favorite scenic place 120 miles away. I get behind this cager with out of state plates doing 5 under the post. I hang back and wait till I know there will be a spot to pass. I pass him going uphill which tends to make my SE slip ons a little louder. He then speeds up trying to catch up to me. I lose him with a WOT Twist as my SE comes alive. About 10 miles down the road I catch a line of cagers with a Motorhome leading the way. No way I'm going to get around with the cagers packed that tight. By this time I've forgotten about the cager behind me. I'm so focused on trying to find a way around. Well we finally hit the end of the road where there is a stop sign. This a$$ho cager gets right up on my rear fender as I'm waiting, I'm talking 2 inchesat most.Two things going through my head at this time. 1). Set the jiffy, get off and show him who he's fckin with and ruin a perfect day. 2). Let it go and forget it ever happened.

I'll post later with what I did.
Maybe you could post now how you own a 2006 Heritage SE (2006 FLSTC SE )
from this link
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2266661/m...tm.htm#2266661

In 2006 CVO built (click a link to see the bikes specs)

Old 09-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Obi68
Road Captain

you did the right thing at the right time. enjoy the ride.

Obi

Old 09-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Slick02
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did the right thing. A few weeks ago on my way home from work at 1030pm I was thinking about what a perfect night for a ride (it was still 80 degrees) so instead of going home I was going to ride a few hours and clear the cobwebs out. A mile from work I was cut off by a lane change froma 15 year old minivan with 2big middle age hispanic women in it with the windows down... how can they miss me on a lit up heritage? I couldnt let it go... I was almost pushed over the curb and into the trees, left 40 or 50 feet of rubber on the road. I let them know what was on my mind but when it was said and done, I was so pi$$ed that I just went home. So who lost out on this deal? ME!! I lost out on perfect night ride because I couldnt let it go.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:59 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: darkside

ORIGINAL: Kolni

I would have left the OL at home so she would have time to make me sammichs for when I got back from kicking his ***.
You know for some strange reason I think you would! For the record I would have been hard pressed to not at least say something and take it from there.
Well, I REALLY like sammiches.......

Old 09-30-2007, 03:47 AM
Chief40al
Road Captain

Just walk away.
I have turned around and said hi and that seems to get the point across.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:18 AM
Chopperz
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a stock exhaust,might not have happened.But that's ok with me.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:27 AM
xlr8rtwisted
Cruiser

SteelCity wrote:

Maybe you could post now how you own a 2006 Heritage SE (2006 FLSTC SE )
from this link
https://www.hdforums.com/m_2266661/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#2266661

In 2006 CVO built (click a link to see the bikes specs)

Not to go off topic here but I put a space between (FLSTC SE ) the C and S but your right, I failed to mention that I actually built this bike to a Stage 2, SE95" Jugs and Pistons, 203 Cams, SE Intake, SE Shorty Dual Slip Ons and a SERT. Sorry for the confusion.

Quick Reply: What would you do?