General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crackdown on loud pipes in Arizona

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:36 PM
FXSTI Guy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crackdown on loud pipes in Arizona

So does this new law mean we'll be seeing "Carefree Arizona SUCKS" threads instead of the normal Denver bashing??

Old 10-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

The question I would ask people is this:

Did it say ANYWHERE on the pipes you bought, (or the documentation that come with them) "Check State and Local Laws before using?

If I got the ticket, I would have to say YES. It says PLAINLY on the pipe "Not intended for Highway Use".

If your stuff is illegal and you get caught....STFU and pay the fine. You KNEW you were in the wrong.
Thanks Dad!

Old 10-14-2007, 10:25 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cryptoboy

ORIGINAL: CSI Topeka

The question I would ask people is this:

Did it say ANYWHERE on the pipes you bought, (or the documentation that come with them) "Check State and Local Laws before using?

If I got the ticket, I would have to say YES. It says PLAINLY on the pipe "Not intended for Highway Use".

If your stuff is illegal and you get caught....STFU and pay the fine. You KNEW you were in the wrong.
Thanks Dad!
Lol....NP

Old 10-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Black Flag
Tourer

Sounds like livin' in the valley of the sun isn't so "care-free" any more?

So, why not get out of the heat and come on up to where the ridin' is better anyhow!

Northern AZ has plenty of twisty mountain roads, cooler temperatures, and a laid-back rural lifestyle.

I only go down the hill is to pick up a friend or relative at the airport,ride ina PGR mission, or maybe see a D-backs game.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:18 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Black Flag

Sounds like livin' in the valley of the sun isn't so "care-free" any more?

So, why not get out of the heat and come on up to where the ridin' is better anyhow!

Northern AZ has plenty of twisty mountain roads, cooler temperatures, and a laid-back rural lifestyle.

I only go down the hill is to pick up a friend or relative at the airport,ride ina PGR mission, or maybe see a D-backs game.

Well, as you probably knowScottsdale, Carefree and those cities are where all the Richie rich live so of course they are picky and think the world revolves around them. I'm sure it's nice up there in Northern Arizona where you live but it gets cold and snowy in the winter so that's where I ride to in the summer.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:10 AM
AZCHOKESTER
Cruiser

If you go up Cave creek rd., you don't have to go into carefree. Carefree starts at Scottsdale Rd.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:11 AM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts

Hey oldfartjc ........ I live in beautiful South Scottsdale , don`t lump us with the rich a-holes up north . I remember way back , when there was no such thing as north or south Scottsdale, only South Phoenix.LOL !Ride safe OFJC [8D]

Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 AM
4merRacer
Road Master

Carefree has been hating on motorcycles ever since Bike Week starting making it a popular destination. Hopefully they'll change the "IT" place to be after events and they'll lose a bunch of revenue.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:20 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: AZCHOKESTER

If you go up Cave creek rd., you don't have to go into carefree. Carefree starts at Scottsdale Rd.
You'reprobably right because that's what I always thought but when I crossed over the Carefree highway heading North on Cave Creek Roadwhich is how I always go,there is a sign right there that says Carefree and also has the posted 80 decibel limit sign. Maybe they are just warning you ahead of time that when you reach Carefree after you go through Cave Creek thatthat's where there is an 80 decibel limit. It must be that because Carefree is only 8.5 sq. miles.
Your right millzog, and I know there are a whole lot of regular folks who live in Scottsdale thank goodness and it's North Scottsdale where most of thesnobs live.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:33 AM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts

Oldfartjc ..........man just kidding with you no biggy
And I thought that even coming in on the Cavecreek road side that the 1st part still is Carefree until you almost get to the bend then it turns into CaveCreek ? So you can get nailed on both sides for the noise. Scottsdale and Cavecreek rd.

Quick Reply: Crackdown on loud pipes in Arizona