General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife with a very small inseem

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 11:12 PM
sidewinder
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wife with a very small inseem

The deluxe is the lowest stock HD at 24.5 inches a posted earlier. You can gain a little by a different seat and then more with a lowering kit. Beware that the deluxe is limited cornering as it is. Lowering will exagerate this concern. I have a deluxe and so far it is no concern for me. But then I enjoy cruisin and don't live near lots of twisties. (unfortunately) Good luck.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:08 AM
MOking
Tourer

Guess that's time for a new wife?!

My wife is all about 5'2 and rode the vstar 650 with no problems...Traded both our burners for a King and now whe doesn't come close to reaching.

I told her I rather buy her a huffy than a customized Harley b/c of the amount that she would actually ride it.

We would have thousands over book value tied up in the bike and it would be a permenant display in the garage.

Good luck.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:38 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Snarly,

You must have a way with women? I wonder if she ran out of gas yet?
ORIGINAL: Snarly

ORIGINAL: mchaous

Does anyone know what Harley has the lowest seat height and considering also the seat type. My wife is 5.0 foot and has a 27 inch inseam. We have looked at 883 lowered as well as deluxes lowered. She cannot flat foot one foot down one foot half way, any Harley I've looked at. She rides a Rebel and is getting good enough to up size.
Anyone have any answers?
I know this is of no help to ya, but, I told my g/f she had to find a curb to stop at or keep going. I haven't seen her since September.[sm=biker.gif]

Old 12-13-2005, 01:09 PM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

go with a 883L and put a narrow seat on it a lot of stock seat are to wide and for us short people makes it a little tough.but the is seats out there that will make the differnce.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:30 PM
ItsaHarley
Advanced

I'd go with the Deluxe and a pair of boots with thick soles. There's a lot of opinions about this issue but here are the facts: Sporties weigh less overall but have a higher Center of Gravity and are taller from saddle to ground. The deluxe is heavier, but easier to plant a foot down and hold the bike up when you are short because of the lower Center of Gravity and low seat height. Since not much modifications whould have to be done to the Deluxe (mabey a seat change) the bike could be sold down the road and you'll get a good resale value out of it. As most people will tell you, most modifications get little return on investment- modifying a sporty or a Dyna would be money not recouped at resale time.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:41 PM
NSBRK
Intermediate

My wife 5'2" 110lbs rides a 2000 Fat Boy.

Adjustments: 1) Lowering kit, 2) Corbin close gunfighter, 3) PullBack Riser with stock bars.

With the low center of gravity she seems quite confortable with the bike.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:58 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

A friend of your had the same problem. She had as shoe shop put thick soles and heels on her riding boots. This got her where she could get both feet flat, but just barely. Maybe this will work for you, along with lowering the bike as much as possible.

Regards,

Bill

Old 12-13-2005, 09:35 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

As most replies have pointed out, a good pair of boots with thicker soles help alot. I recommend Chippewa logger boots. High heels and excellent road grip. I tried a reach seat on my E.G. Classic. It was on the bike less than 24 hours. Oh it did what it claimed to do, which was to lower you 1.5" and move you forward 1.5" but it's done at the expense of your ***. To lower and push you forward, they have less padding in the seat and it makes for a very hard and uncomfortable ride. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:16 PM
cmorris48
Road Captain

Like a couple of posts have mentioned, let her try them on ! Take her to the local HD shop and let her find the scooter that fits. Then by all means she should ask to ride before buy ! Also have friends who have rented different bikes for weekends until they found what they liked. To quote Johnny Cochran "If it does not fit, she wont like the SH*T !" or something like that ....

Old 12-15-2005, 05:27 AM
fatguyona1000
Road Captain

My buddy just bought a bobtail and it had a low sitting position and felt good. Might look at that one.

Quick Reply: Wife with a very small inseem