General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vento Motocycles USA

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:37 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Vento Motocycles USA

ORIGINAL: rob i

the reviews really do say it all. Curious though, why would anyone spend $3500 on a questionable brand like this for a 250cc bike when you could buy a nice 250cc honda rebel for less???? Surely the rebel will be MUCH more reliable.
That's what I would suggest, a Rebel. Last year there was a older guy riding 2-up with one on a poker run. He told me he's had the bike for years and it works well for him as he doesn't long distance much and it's reliable.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:48 AM
mrb302
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked them up a while back and it looks like they were a scooter company (as in moped) that started making "motorcycles" with tiny engines.

I was thinking along similar lines, as in a wife or buddy bike. Decided against it.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Finn111
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the same price you can get a 250 Virago. At least that way you can get it fixed and get parts for it.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:52 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned

ORIGINAL: modeluxe

Vento. What a joke. I'd rather ride a kid's Razor scooter. There's a couple other V-twin frauds out there like Kymco, a 250cc piece of Korean crap. At least the Japanese metrics give you some engineering, power and style.
I think the Kymco's supposed to be a pretty good bike. Been around for years on the world stage, Just recently came to the American market. They are supposed to have a good reputation when it comes to reliability. Steve Fischer went with Kymco motors for his new sportbike.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:53 AM
INDEPENDENTBIKEWORKS
Banned

ORIGINAL: commander112

I don't want to break any rules here so if this is against the rules please edit it for me. Here is a link to a Vento forum. It starts to get interesting by page 4.
http://v2-forum.com/forums/showthrea...f292&t=366

Mark
Funny, I thought it got interesting on page 9

Old 10-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

For about another grandyou can get a new 500 Vulcan. It's not American, but neither is that Vento POS and at least the Vulcan has 25 years of evolution behind it so it's fairly reliable, and it has enough ***** to get out of its own way.
Vento's havebeen reviewed in the bike mags a few times in the last couple of years, never seen much positive written about them. Cheap build quality, poor ergonomics, underpowered, etc...

Old 10-26-2007, 11:02 AM
rob i
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i think the kymcos are supposed to be very good. the scooters anyway, not sure about their motorcycles. They aren't korean, rather they are made in taiwan. they aren't cheap either.

while we're on this, what about the hyosongs.. they seem like crap.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: madelf

ORIGINAL: TraumaKing

V-THUNDER XL
249 ccs of T h u n d e r ....
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
My thought exactly I've seen there ad many times in magazines. The idea might not be bad but 4k still seems like way too much for what you get... or for what you don't get. Never seen one of them either. I wouldn't touch it.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:37 AM
AR_Guy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone asked me about these bikes last year. I did a Google search and found many people complaining about VERY bad quality (even more than around here). The bikes also don't have enough power to get on the parkway. Check the reviews posted above. These bikes are a very bad idea.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Hidalgo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have owned TWO Honda Rebels over the past several years. Check eBay and see how many 80's vintage Rebels are still running and for sale. ONLY way to go if you are looking at that price range and engine size. Actually, I think the Rebel is considerably less than $3999.

Quick Reply: Vento Motocycles USA