General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Insight on the Plant Delivery Process?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Telly03
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Insight on the Plant Delivery Process?

I'm trying to stay patient, but it's rough, the anticipation is killing me... I decided I wanted a Street Bob, but the dealer that I would like to go through did not havea Crimson Denim SB on the floor. He informed me that they would have one with a 10 Nov scheduled ship date, so I provided a healthy down payment and called it mine (It takes about 3 weeks to get to Hawaii). When I checked back a few days later, the scheduled ship date was 12 Nov. I checked again today and learned that they have no VIN yet which means itstill hasnot shipped.

Any insights on how the delivery process works? Are these delays normal? How long could my bike be delayed? The dealer status checkfor me has been "no VIN # yet"... is there any other way to check on the status?

Thanks in advance for any insight on the process

signed,
Desperately Seeking Bob

Old 11-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain
Default RE: Any Insight on the Plant Delivery Process?

Same problem here Telly03. Had thought about making the same post. I'll be lurking here waiting on an informed reply. Thanks, and sorry that I am no help.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Fixxer
Advanced

Hey Telly,

Where are you at in Hawaii? What dealer did you go through?
I'm in the same boat as you are. I went to South Seas Harley on November 6th and put money down on a 08 Road Glide. I was told then it would take roughly 30 days to get here. I'm probably gonna wait 'til then before I ask for any updates.
Sorry, not too sure how the process works, but don't worry, your ride will get here. Luckily for me, I have work to keep me occupied and take my mind off the bike. Anyhow, hope yours gets here soon.

Happy holidays,

Steve

Old 11-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Telly03
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Fixxer

Hey Telly,

Where are you at in Hawaii? What dealer did you go through?
I'm in the same boat as you are. I went to South Seas Harley on November 6th and put money down on a 08 Road Glide. I was told then it would take roughly 30 days to get here. I'm probably gonna wait 'til then before I ask for any updates.
Aloha Steve,

I went through Cycle City... I live right behind Cycle City, so I'll just walk over to get my bike.

So you have confirmation that your bike shipped? South Seas will have your VIN # if it has. Grats on your bike, I hope it shipped as scheduled. Sinceour bikes are scheduled toarrive bout the same time, we could always do a christining run if your up for it.

Telly

Old 11-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Fixxer
Advanced

Telly,

My bike may take a while to get here. South Seas rarely gets any Road Glides in, so I think I'm in for a wait. Sales told me maybe late December/early January, or as late as February.
I'm down with the wait, as long as I'm getting what I want. As a plus, I'm saving money to plop down on either a Stage 1, extended warranty, or both. Depends if Santa is nice to me this year.
Yeah, it's a pretty long wait, but I'll have the bike I want and plenty of time to ride her.
Good luck with your ride, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Steve