General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Northeast Ohio Dealer Recs

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 10:14 AM
greatozman
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northeast Ohio Dealer Recs

Just purchased first HD (2007 Heritage Classic from a private owner). I have the following 3 dealers in my local area to consider for service:

Freedom HD in North Canton, Ohio
Liberty HD in Akron, Ohio
Adventure HD in Dover, Ohio

Any feedback on service experiences and recommendations with any/all of these would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to be able to leave the bike with a service department that I know is reputable & competent, will perform all work correctly, and will return the bike to me in the condition that they received it in (no scratches, scuffs, nicks, etc.).

Thanks in advance from a forum newbie.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Harley Guy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Northeast Ohio Dealer Recs

Congratulations on the first HD

While not on your list, I go to Century HD in Medina.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

Being from Virginia I can't offer tips on your service but a BIG congrats on the new ride!!! & Welcome

Old 11-25-2007, 12:02 PM
WGRIDER
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome from Richmond,VA

Old 11-25-2007, 02:50 PM
curlydee
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum, did you check out the sticky thread at the top of this section?

Old 11-25-2007, 07:29 PM
2swild
Tourer

First, do yourself a favor and find out what their labor rate is. This will probabely be the determining factor. Second, see if their are any other local, non HD shops in your area that do good work. These shops are usually a lot cheaper than HD service shops. I live in the Youngstown area and their are plenty of good mom and pop bike shops around here so their has to be some in in the Akron/Canton area, just look in your yellow pages. Finally, just go buy the service manual and learn at least how to change your own fluids. This will save you a lot of money too. If I can do I am sure you can too, trust me I'm pretty much mechanically retarded according to some people.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:10 PM
az232
Cruiser

I live in Richfield and bought my Harley at Liberty Harley in Akron. The sales staff was great and the service was very good however when my warranty wore out I started looking for another place. I founda place in Cleveland on Brookpark Rd. called Cycle Analysis that is great. There labor rates are less than Harley and they do a great job. It is not a big place. It just seems like a bunch of guys that got together because they love working on bikes.I highly recommend them. There is also a place on Royalton Rd. in Broadview Hts. called A&S Motorcycle Repair. All they work on is Harleys. This is another small place with excellent mechanics. If you really want to pay a little more try Liberty Harley. They do good work. Hope that helped.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:45 PM
2deuce
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The wrenches at Liberty and Century are good. Southeast, not so good, Freedom is good for servicing and adding goodies. First serious problem, they had my bike for nine days, didn't fix it.
When you get out of warranty, there's a good Indy in Brimfield.

Congrats!

Old 11-26-2007, 09:40 AM
SG Mike
Road Master

Liberty HD is pretty good and I've heard good things about the Century HD guys. Southeast is so, so.

Congrats!

Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 PM
greatozman
Stage III

Thanks to all for the feedback. The bike has extended warranty thru 2010 so I'd like to stay with a HD dealer to avoid any warranty disputes. Travel quite a bit for work so not too likely I can make time to learn to wrench much. Besides, I can turn any 2 hr job into a 10 hr disaster. I'm just hoping I can make some time to ride when it's time! I'll give Freedom HD a try. My winter hit list includes 5k service, Stage 1, SERT, security system, and v&h big shot longs. Will roll my own stage 1 on line as well as purchase pipes and security system. Zanotti Motors seems to offer the biggest discounts on the HD parts.

As a friend of mine says, "short time alive, long time dead". so now I begin the HD journey....

Quick Reply: Northeast Ohio Dealer Recs