General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Things you dont notice about you bike!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:28 AM
mentor70
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things you dont notice about you bike!

I have had my latest bike for about 3 years now and I have done alot to it, 95 in kit gear drive cams, rims/tires, im on my 5th exhaust system. New seat luggage rack, wind shield and a fair amount of chome (bike was a superglide to start).

Now for the clincher, alot of the dyna guys and probably the rest of you guys too pull off your reflectors right after you get home with your bike!

There have been many threads of "how to" remove them in the Dyna section.

Funny thing is I have NEVER realy even noticed them! well not until I saw a dozen posts on them!

a guy on a ride pointed out recently thatI still had them on!I was alittle taken back by the guy seeings that I had put all this other Stuff on the bikethat I thoughtwould draw your eyes to other places!

Has anybody ever pointed things out to you about yourride that you didnt realy notice until AFTER someone eles pointed it out?

Old 12-10-2007, 09:32 AM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts
Default RE: Things you dont notice about you bike!

I am VERY careful about critical comments to anyones bike or car. I would never say anything unless I knew the person very well.
Taste is in the eye of the beholder.

MikeM

Old 12-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Sith1250
Tourer

the reflectors come off easily with a hair dryer. NOT A HEAT GUN!!!!!!!! The Heat gun WILL burn youre paint. Just run the hair dryer over the reflector for a couple of mins, then the 3m sticky agent will release, and just carefully pull them off. You may have some sticky reminance..just use some goo gone to get that off, followed by a good wash and wax on the areas that were treated.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Idiot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: severum17

I am VERY careful about critical comments to anyones bike or car. I would never say anything unless I knew the person very well.
Taste is in the eye of the beholder.

MikeM
Mike, your Fat Boy looks hideous.

I am of course kidding

Old 12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
mentor70
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Sith1250

the reflectors come off easily with a hair dryer. NOT A HEAT GUN!!!!!!!! The Heat gun WILL burn youre paint. Just run the hair dryer over the reflector for a couple of mins, then the 3m sticky agent will release, and just carefully pull them off. You may have some sticky reminance..just use some goo gone to get that off, followed by a good wash and wax on the areas that were treated.
The point was that I dont realy notice them, and I dont care enough to waste any time to pull them off!

But other people notice right away!

Old 12-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

When I got my bike I didnt remove the reflectors, didnt really care. Then one of them broke on my fork tubes and everyone noticed. They quickly came off and then I eventually painted the tubes black. Looks alot better now

Old 12-10-2007, 12:18 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, the reflectors were something that irritated me right off the bat. Long before anybody said anything about them. It was the cowbell that took some time to get on my nerves. Now, happily, both are in the garbage!

Old 12-10-2007, 12:42 PM
cwickgo9
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

nope sorry - beside the reflectors on the bags, if I got any anywhere else, I ain't paid no 'tention.
I figure ribbing some stranger about something on his scoot is akinto pointing out his wife's crooked teeth, libel to get your smile "modified" . . .

Old 12-10-2007, 12:44 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my reflectors. Why do people take them off? Night riding we need all the help we can get.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:46 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: CraigC

Yeah, the reflectors were something that irritated me right off the bat. Long before anybody said anything about them. It was the cowbell that took some time to get on my nerves. Now, happily, both are in the garbage!
I could care less about removing the reflectors. I don't really notice them on my bike and I wouldn't notice whether they were on or off another persons bike. Why should Iremove them since no one has ever even mentioned that to me and even if they did I could care less, and besides they are there for a purpose.

Quick Reply: Things you dont notice about you bike!