General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boot style for riding

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:44 AM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Boot style for riding

I've seen waaaay-more outlandish styles than some of those! I didn't notice any lime-green simulated stegosaurus with lavender tops in their collection!
ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

ORIGINAL: chiabate

You've already heard it. At the least, make sure your feet and ankles are protected. Shin protecton should also be considered if your close to flying gravel or tire treads (Georgia Gators). My preference is western-style, finding ones around here that don't make you look like a mexican rodeo star are a little tough. The westerns with a half-cuban heel give you a good compromise between walkers and riders. Harnesses with a full heel, are a b!tch on your lower back if you have to walk any. The best value I found on western style boots are by Nocona, the last pair I bought (Elk) was online from a guy in rural Wisconsin. Not enough wear from the Stingrays I bought in Cozumel during the HOHS cruise, I'll find out in spring.

Try these. Been wearing them for years but not when I ride.

http://www.riosofmercedesboots.com/index.htm

Old 12-14-2007, 12:21 PM
pepesworld
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looked at that "Rios" site....those guys make some cool looking boots!
I like a high boot when riding, mainly for protection. If a leg gets crushed by a car bumper, or even your own bike, a good thick boot can make the difference in keeping the foot.....or not. A broken leg for sure, but repairable, as apposed to being ground off and dropped 50' back. I got some wesco boots years ago, ( after pouring water out of cheap boots at reststops for a year) they are hand made up the roadin Scappoose Oregon. They are expensive, custom made to order, but very tough, waterproof, and will last for the rest of your life. They do take a year or so walking in them to get broken in well, then they are very comfortable.( search wesco boots for website)

Old 12-14-2007, 12:27 PM
morjube
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the great responses and links to boot. Many great ideas.