General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:38 PM
DanD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Train
I went to my local stealer and ordered a part for my ride about two to three weeks ago. Called them today and they said the order was just placed, how long does it take for the effing dealers to order a part and get it shipped in a timely manner. I spoke with them about my order, and it seemed like I was bothering them with there busy day. We will give it a few more days before I put the dealers name up.
I HATE it when they do that! wait until they have a bunch of things to order to try and save a buck on shipping,making you wait until they have a big order to go in.that's a dealer more concerned with his bottom line than with customer service,the bad stealer I posted about here does the same thing.so I have my own parts books and order online.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Dan1127
Road Master

San Diego Harley
Let me leave service with a flat tire. Even after they check air pressure and filled it. Had a large bolt in it.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Pylon
Advanced

Recently went to look at a used 08 Rocker from HD Allen Texas. They asked to run my credit and I agreed. Would not budge on price and I am sure it is still sitting in showroom. Told them I was not willing to buy an 08 "C" for $18500.00 when I could get an 09 non C for 13250.00 Pretty much called bullsh*t on me. So I bought my 09 later that week. Then I find out they ran my credit 4 times. I gave permission for once. These extra credit runs hurt your credit score and almost knocked me into a lower bracket for financing. They need to inform you that they will be running numerous credit reports on you when you sign.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:00 PM
MikeDCop
Tourer

Got an OK deal considering most stealerships were still charging over MSRP for the bikes. It is sad when someone from the harley family talks bad about its brothers. Actually HarleyRock, I don't mix business and pleasure. My relationship with my motorcycle dealer is a business relationship. My "Harley family" is here and a Harley riders that I see out on the highway.

You are a cop right...probably a damn good one too. But there are bad cops out their also. Do you bad mouth them? Or maybe you are one of them. Yes, I think I'm a damn good cop. I don't like bad cops. I do worse than bad mouth them, I try my best to help them find other employment. Bad cops don't last long. Most get fired rather quickly.

In 2010 (late March), I went into Heart of Dixie again to buy a new Ultra. They wanted full MSRP plus freight/prep, tax, title, tag and doc fee. AS THEY SHOULD.All these other dealerships that are giving huge discounts on bikes are de-valuing your bike. You're kidding right? More motorcycles on the market and fewer people with the resources to buy them are devaluing my bike, nothing else. I was a marketing education student and the most valuable lesson I learned was "Supply and Demand".

They also wanted full MSRP and full labor rates on the accessories.I know this to be NOT TRUE. They always give 10% off parts and accessories on a new bike purchase. Fine, call me a liar. But please don't call Mrs. MikeDCop a liar.

I was told that the 2010 Ultra only had one alarm fob...so added to the accessory list was an extra fob and programing fee. Again this is just pure BS. I know these guys and everybody that knows anything about Harley-Davidson motorcycles knows that a NEW Harley with an alarm system comes with two fobs and two keys. Hell man they are hanging on the freakin bike most of the time. There you go calling Mrs. MikeDCop a liar. She was sitting there when the accessory manager said it and typed it on the computer.

Let me just say that since 2006 this has been the best dealership I have ever been too. I have been to 75-80 dealerships in the past two years. Congrats. I like to stop in at Harley dealers when I travel too. That is why I have a trunk full of Harley T-Shirts.

I hang out there all the time and I eat their free popcorn and I drink their free coffee and I watch how they take care of their customers. Saving about $2500 will let me buy a lot of popcorn and coffee. BTW, most Harley dealers give free popcorn and coffee.

I don't spend a lot of money with them and they dont care, they still treat me like a VIP. They are one big happy family and they make me feel like a part of it. Congrats. Thanks to you calling my wife a liar, they may have lost ALL my business and I will make sure I tell ALL my friends. Word of mouth is a wonderful thing.

I bought my bike from them and they do all the service work for me. I don't go in and try to DICKER with them. You must have a lot of money. I have to live within my budget.

They are a buisness and a damn good one. And I respect that. Yes, selling motorcycles is a damn good business to be in...except in a recession. Then when you are not selling $22,000 motorcycles every day then it kinda sucks.

Do you go into Walmart or Hooters and dicker with them....no you pay a fair price for a quality product. This is funny. Actually I will dicker at Wal-Mart. The store manager has the authority to dicker on big ticket and clearance items. A $22,000 motorcycle would be considered a big ticket item. And I did dicker with one of my local Hooter's manager over a golf bag.

Thanks to everyone that went to bat with HarleyRock for me.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:20 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default dealers

Bottom line is you cannot even begin to rate a dealer until you have a problem. That is when there true colors come out. When it really shows is when it comes down to your pocket or his. At this point most will hang you out to dry. If your under warranted and Harley is paying for it well no skin off them they will do just about any thing that needs to be done. but when it gets to yours or there's then you can tell me who the good ones are. here is an example and this happen to me a guy is selling on e bay and has 500 transactions where every thing went right wow he looks good first time he has a problem he hangs that person out to dry now is he a good dealer should we rate him on the transactions were every thing went OK or what he does when there is a problem like if the item arrives broken all of a sudden its my problem i should file a claim. At this point the 500 goodies means nothing the one time when he has a problem he does not make good on it. To me if your the one its 100%. I have been in this position and had this happen to me so until I see how they handle a problem it all means nothing. I have seen this time and time again at dealers if its going to come out of there pocket things change for the worst most of the time

Old 04-12-2010, 11:16 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ArrowHead Harley Davidson Peoria Arizona.

Ok, This happened a while back, it was like March of 2007. But it ticked me off so bad that I never went back, not even for the free food or open houses. They are part of the RideNow Chain in AZ that has a very bad reputation here in the Phoenix valley.

So here is my story.

I brought my wife in to see about buying her a new motorcycle.

They sales people took my information to do the credit check. They came back and said I get the lowest rate through HD since my scores were good. Well the bike had an MSRP of around 16K.

They went in the backroom and came with a sticky note with the MC information and a monthly payment number of $625.00.

I said what is that 625. They told me that would be my monthly payment and what I thought about it. I asked them how many months this payment was for and they told me it was for 72 months.

I asked them to show me the detailed line item information on how they came to a payment of $625 since that would bring the bike to almost 50K.

They actually told me they are not going to show me how they got that number until I signed the purchase contract. I chuckled thinking they were just busting my *****. So I asked again and they told me no way, that those numbers were proprietary and I can't see them.

So I told them that I was not interested and I left the store and I never been back since.

They were total thieves. They did not want to disclose anything about the purchase price.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:34 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by mi2az

Ok, This happened a while back, it was like March of 2007. But it ticked me off so bad that I never went back, not even for the free food or open houses. They are part of the RideNow Chain in AZ that has a very bad reputation here in the Phoenix valley.

So here is my story.

They sales people took my information to do the credit check. They came back and said I get the lowest rate through HD since my scores were good. Well the bike had an MSRP of around 16K.

They went in the backroom and came with a sticky note with the MC information and a monthly payment number of $625.00.

I said what is that 625. They told me that would be my monthly payment and what I thought about it. I asked them how many months this payment was for and they told me it was for 72 months.

I asked them to show me the detailed line item information on how they came to a payment of $625 since that would bring the bike to almost 50K.

They actually told me they are not going to show me how they got that number until I signed the purchase contract. I chuckled thinking they were just busting my *****. So I asked again and they told me no way, that those numbers were proprietary and I can't see them.

So I told them that I was not interested and I left the store and I never been back since.

They were total thieves. They did not want to disclose anything about the purchase price.
That's highway robbery, plain and simple. Don't know how they can live with themselves for pulling stuff like that.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:05 PM
MikeDCop
Tourer

Originally Posted by mi2az

So here is my story.

OK, let me understand this. They thought that since you were smart enough to keep your credit in good shape, you would be dumb enough to just sign on the bottom line with out questioning it? Wow!

Folks, I'm going to make a prediction right here, right now. THE ECONOMY IS GOING TO GET WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER! It has nothing to do with Bush or Obama, it has everything to do with people spending money on things that they could not afford to begin with. I see a lot of dealerships closing their doors before it's all over. The dealerships that are going to survive are the ones that they have built customer loyalty.

Mike

Old 04-18-2010, 10:20 AM
boohoo
Cruiser
Default lemon xr

my story isn't just about a bad dealer but the motor company as well
at 79 mi the bike wouldn't start (no fuel)sent it back to ocean county HD in Lakewood NJ. At 149 mi bike wouldn't start (no fuel). OCHD jerked me around for a week about parts till I got upset then they cannibalized a bike from the showroom. 300 mi it got wet and the electronics and gages went haywire (no one ever sealed the connectors). while I was in the dealer I pointed out the leak at the slip ons blowing out exhaust and carbon their reply it's supposed to do that (the leak was so bad it would never pass inspection)
I finally call HD costumer service and he lets me take my bike to a different dealer
that brings us to the oil leak thats spraying oil over the bottom of the bike and back tire.
I send out my lemon law letter that they received on the 13th they have until the 23rd to fix my bike but they have not contacted me they just don't seem to care at all. I guess I'll force a refund and buy something else (not Harley)
I wonder if Obama will bail them out I doubt it

Old 04-18-2010, 03:02 PM
houndawgg
Tourer

Originally Posted by boohoo
I send out my lemon law letter that they received on the 13th they have until the 23rd to fix my bike but they have not contacted me they just don't seem to care at all. I guess I'll force a refund and buy something else (not Harley)
I heard the lemon law in NJ, doesn't cover motorcycles, let us know how you make out with this. I bought my Street Glide from that dealer.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences