General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 01:34 AM
MConde85
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a bad experience while buying my first Harley in Colorado Springs Harley Davidson, (sister dealership of Pikes Peak Harley Davidson). It was Feb and I knew I was deploying in May but I really wanted a Harley. At first I wasn't getting a good finance rate since I don't have much credit at my age. About 3 weeks later the same guy called me and said he "had a deal for me and could get me a good rate." I didn't want to waste a day at the dealer so we agreed on a time and meet up, only to have to wait 30min while he was with another customer. Finally he came over only to be taken to the finance department and wait again just to re-apply for a loan....The dealer was just pulling me around.

I ended up getting a bike with a 15% interest rate that I finally refinanced for 9% a year later.

But the real kick in the nuts came later. Part of my decision on buying was because the dealer told me "you can store your bike with us while your deployed."I thought it sounded great that I could ride up until I'm about to leave, and Colorado Springs is full of military people so why would they want to lie. So when the last few weeks rolled around I called the dealer only to find out that they would not store my bike for free. My fault I guess for not making sure it was in the paper work. Also the dealer I worked with had been let go about a month before, but they would not tell me why. The manager wouldn't help me either.

www.pikespeakmotorcycles.com - 2180 Victor Place, Colorado Springs -

Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Scott27
Stage I
Default Bad experience with Brandon, Florida Harley Dealership

Just got done dealing with Kelly (sales rep) from the Brandon Florida dealership. I would not recommend dealing with him or the Brandon location. He flat out lied to me about the deal being complete (just to get my deposit) and then changed the price and down payment needs once I arrived to complete the sale. He also stole my online application from the Tampa dealership by calling me and telling me that he was the guy that handled the finance stuff for my area (he pretended to be the finance person for Tampa when he was actually a sales rep for Brandon.) When I mentioned that he basically stole the sale from my Tampa sales rep he said "I don't care what they think of me over there" I will never do business with them again.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:20 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I can tell you this. My next Harley will be used, or built by me. I don't think it is worth dealing with people who lie to you.

I have explained an experience on this thread before, and it was a lie, and I caught them in it. I went to finish the deal, but instead asked for my deposit back. Talk about a shock to the sales guy.
Before I could make it to the light I had the deal of the century offered to me, and I bough the bike, but I learned the hard way. Next time it is face to face, or a crate bike, and enjoy putting it together.

These posts should be printed, and presented to Harley at a regional sales meeting. I don't know about you all, but I get invites to them all the time in the mail.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:31 PM
skibum91
Stage I

Well.... here in Phoenix, Arizona, we have too many dealerships to choose from. The dealership close to me (Hacienda) would never get a dollar from me. Chester's in Mesa is AWESOME and Roger (Sales Manager) is as straight a shooter as they come. If I am just looking to buy something as cheap as a sticker or as expensive as a part for my bike, I always drive the 40 miles to Chesters. I have no idea how Buddy Stubbs in Phoenix stays in business - their bike sales people are rude as can be. I could go on forever about this!

Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott27
Just got done dealing with Kelly (sales rep) from the Brandon Florida dealership. I would not recommend dealing with him or the Brandon location. He flat out lied to me about the deal being complete (just to get my deposit) and then changed the price and down payment needs once I arrived to complete the sale. He also stole my online application from the Tampa dealership by calling me and telling me that he was the guy that handled the finance stuff for my area (he pretended to be the finance person for Tampa when he was actually a sales rep for Brandon.) When I mentioned that he basically stole the sale from my Tampa sales rep he said "I don't care what they think of me over there" I will never do business with them again.
What a scum bag. Did you call off the deal and walk?

Old 10-07-2011, 09:40 PM
OkieRoadWarrior66
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had engine trouble while riding in the OKC vicinity (lost power in one of the cylinders) last Saturday afternoon, so I limped into Harley Davidson World in OKC. I let them know I was 2 hours from home, hoping they could get me right in. They told me that they would get to it on Tuesday, they called on Tuesday morning at 11:30 am to ask my permission to tear into the engine, said they had it on the lift. I asked them to check the coil first and see if it might be an electrical issue before tearing into the engine. I then called them Tuesday evening after I got off work at 4:30 and was told they hadn't touched it, said it would be Thursday and they would call me to let me know what was wrong. I called yesterday and was told they hadn't gotten to it yet, but they ruled out an electrical issue, but they would look at it first thing this morning. I called when I got off work and was told it would probably be tomorrow, they had been crazy busy.

So, I called back and asked for the service manager. I told him that I didn't care if they kept the bike for 2 weeks, but I was upset that I was told many times this week that it would be done and I could pick it up this weekend. He kept apologizing and said he was short 2 technicians due to vacations and a crap load of appointments. I said that was fine, but they should have told me that when I left the bike or called to check on it.

Very poor customer service, in my opinion.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Dans03RKC
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I called up a Local HD Dealer to me to ask about a 2010 RG they had. I told the girl a friend of mine had seen the bike the day before. I said before I even waste my time coming down to talk to you. I have a 03 RKC that is MINT with 10K miles on it. She looks it up in her little NADA book and tells me $6500.....They have the same bike on the floor and its not even close to as nice as mine and they want 12K for it.....All she heard was SO LONG!!!! She said can I take your phone number? Now im very aware they are in business to make money I get that....but $5,500 or say they sell it and make $4,500 Id burn it in my front lawn before they would EVER GET THERE HANDS ON IT!!!!!

Old 10-14-2011, 05:28 PM
MDhog
1st Gear
Default Miller's Custom Parts in South Daytona FL

Went in for a 1k service on my new HD classic limited. The 'mechanic' overfilled the crankcase by about 1 quart. When I asked him about it, he copped an attitude - 'did not undertand how it could have happened'. I don't know / don't care, just wanted it fixed which he did NOT do. Now I'm questioning the rest of his so-called service. Probably going to roll to the HD dealer and bend over just to make sure everything is done and correct. IMO - Avoid Miller's Custom Part for ANY kind of service or repair. The price may be right, but there is no quality or customer service....

Old 10-14-2011, 08:46 PM
alpha103
Stage III
Default Buyer Beware

I have a 2005 Road King, while at Daytona Bike week I purchased a sound system from Cycle Sounds LLC, 275 NW Victoria Dr. Lee's Summit, MO. I spent approx. $500.00 on this system. Their technician installed the system. After I paid for the system and it was done, I realized that they forgot to install the volume control that I paid extra for. I returned and they had it installed. When they advised it was done I looked at the install and it looked like a 3 year old put the system in. Wires hanging everywhere. They wouldn't make it right. I left. I had this product installed on my last day in Daytona. I returned to snowy Ohio and put my bike away for the winter. Spring came and I brought my bike out. The system worked fine for a few days, then I had a probelm start, the speakers would cut in and out. I called Cyclesound. I secretary would answer and I would tell her what was happening. Instead of just putting a tech on the phone she would put me on hold then get back on the phone and tell me to try different things, which I did. The problem still occurred. Finally, Ron the technician came to the phone after numerous phone calls. Finally he had me send in the amplifier at my cost. He sent it back with no explanation. I called him back and he informed me that there was no problem. Hooked it back up, still had the same problem. After numerous additional calls, Ron had me send the speakers to him, again at my cost. Sends them back and states no problem found. Now warranty is up. Call back again in frustration and he has me send the entire system back and instructs me to cut wires to get it entirely apart. i do and send it back. I get the system back with a note that says, no problems found and that they replaced the volume control. I hook it back up and immediately have the same problem. Not only do I have the same problem, but the chrome amp now looks like it had been tapped on with a hammer. It was all beat up. I called Ron the technician back who now becomes very offensive and nasty, tells me the warranty is up. Now I realize that I just wasted $500.00 on a piece of junk and wont get any satisfaction. The next night, I send an unpleasent e-mail to cycle sounds. The CEO e mails me back and asks me to call him and I do. He is talking real nice and gets my story. He tells me what Ron tells him which are mostly untruths. He calls me back a few days later and advised that he would replace my current system with a new one if I send him photos of the amp, send him my current system back and pay for the shipping. He also requested that I send him a check for $15.00 for the shipping cost for the shipping of the new system. I agree. He said the new system is the same, other then it has a new designed connector. This is also what the technical genious Ron told me the first time I sent the system back. Well approx. a month went by and I hadn't heard anything, received anything and my check was never cashed. I e-mailed the CEO Ed Files who started the company. No response. I waited two days then called him. He called me back. He said that he would get back with me. He did several hours later to advise that he was giving me my old piece of junk back, that UPS must have damaged the amp and that it was my fault that the system did work, becasue I installed it wrong. He also told me that his people attempted to call me, e mail me several times. All LIES. They never did attempt to contact me. As a matter of fact, they only sent this system back to me two days ago according to their own invoice. The reason on the invoice was that the "wires came out of the connector without the use of special terminal removal tool". Of course they did, because Ron told me to just cut the wires on the first attempt to return the system. The second time I returned the unit, I just pulled the wires from the connector, only becasue CEO Ed Files told me that he was going to "**** can" my old unit and and throw it in the trash and start fresh, replacing it with the new and improved unit with the new connectors. CEO Ed Files also explained that he has had problems with Ron and his customer service skills. This was my experience with the people of Cycle Sounds. So Buyer Beware. Their warranty is worthless, their customer service is horrible and their staff does not understand what the word "Truth" is. Because of cycle sounds LLC, I will never make a purchase from a ralley or bike show again.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:19 PM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

i would send them this peice and tell them you are posting on every forum on the web. tell him you learned a very costly lesson and you are letting everone you know
excatly what they are like. i would also tell him that when you see there people at any rally you will tell everyone standing there what happened to you and they should buyer beware. also contact the BBB. sometimes they get enough complaints and the state starts looking at them. i would also talk to a lawyer to see if you have a case.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences