General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Erbie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to Landers Harley, Hot Springs, Arkansas, motorcycle and I had an accident. To get motorcycle repaired cost was very close to $10000 and I mean very close, well over $9000.00 for a gas tank and handle bars, but that wasn't the problem, it took three months to get it done, three months. With dealter telling me twice it was Harley's fault they sent the wrong part in the right package, was told the second time that went to dealer the next day and found my motorcycle had just been started on, amazing was told it was already disassembled and awaiting parts but there it was on the stand and the parts being removed from it, three months.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:26 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe the standards for a HD dealer is arrogance!
Whatever anyone does, please steer clear of Redding HD in No.CA!

Old 12-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Erbie
Tourer

I hope the dealer and the company are not involved with the arrogrance. The dealer reflects the corporation, as nothing and I mean nothing can be assured 100% and if the dealer wants to put changing oil ahead of a sure thing then the corporation is blamed and the Japanese love it. If you have a business and your product sucks you find another product before you are out of business. I have seen car dealers lose their dealerships for doing just this, Long Chevrolet in Chicago was one of them way back, but Chevy owned the dealership for a while the only Chevy Corporation dealership in the world at one time, the rest were independant Chevy dealerships. Unfortunately beteween here and Little Rock there are three Harley dealers, all of them are Landers. Note, I did like my salesman and the parts guy there, don't know about the guy that is responsible for the shop, would go somewhere else for him running the place.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:51 AM
olsurferdude
5th Gear
Default Harley Davidson of Seminole County

I haven't been here in awhile but I've been wanting to post this for years! I use to go to H.D. of Fern Park before they changed to H.D. of S.C.. Never had a problem then, now not so much.
Here's my story; One day I go in the garage and I here my "02" FLSTI loading up while setting there. "tick,tick tick---tick,tick,tick". I take it to H.D. of S.C. and they tell me a "DFO" fuel optimizer I had installed a couple of years before (by them) had corrupted my EMC and it had to me replaced. At the time my bike ran perfect! Over four hundred bucks later I get my bike back. They gave me the DFO back but no ECM module. Being totally pissed about the damage caused by the "DFO" I call the manufacturer who says H.D. of S.C. is full of crap. Their product goes down stream of the ECM and could not damage it in any way. Now my bike is running like crap and my pipes are blueing a foot down from the header. I call H.D. of S.C. who informs me I had altered my bike (high flow intake and tru dual drag pipes) and by law they can't alter the factory map. They said bring it back and they would see what they could do. When I went back and they were filling out my service request the rep noticed that the drain plug on my fuel tank dripped every know and them and made a spot on my primary cover. If kept in a hor garage it might squeeze out a drop every other month. Spot was never wet just a film. I told him not to worry about it and I would take care of it. Came back to get my bike again and again my bill is over four hundred bucks for them to tune it up from the work they did the first time. While talking to the mechanic he's said he went ahead and replaced the seal in the tank because it was a safety issue and he couldn't let a bike leave the shop like that. Besides the gasket only cost $1.50. Checked my bill and he was right, gasket $1.50, labor to install $150.00.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:01 AM
bsa1971
Stage I
Default Cyril Huze parts Bad?

Anybody else had any problems with parts from Cyril Huze?

Old 12-16-2012, 10:19 AM
masardis
Stage I

cental maine i wont ever deal there. went in there years ago just looking, the woman sales lady was extremly rude because i didn't ride a harley, ok i left and continued riding what i was riding for another 8-9 years, sold my bike in march nothing wrong with it but thought it was time to let someone else enjoy it, and for the wife and i to join the harley family. went back to central maine and when asked what i sold, the remark was "thank god" well i listened to his sales pitch then told him i had $18,000 cash and left i bought my 2012 the next weekend at north country {Pat,Ron,Wes and Jesse }are awsome. the mechanics at central maine are awsome but was told the owner just dosen't care.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:02 AM
mike in dallas
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by pwiking
Hi guys! I want to buy this Harley from San Antonio.
http://www.advertigo.net/advertiseme...forUSD3800.htm
Who knows there a good dealer/service to check the Harley?
Thx,Mike
its a scam

Old 12-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by pwiking
Hi guys! I want to buy this Harley from San Antonio.
http://www.advertigo.net/advertiseme...forUSD3800.htm
Who knows there a good dealer/service to check the Harley?
Thx,Mike
Buy 3! One for you, me and a spare bike

Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Bigboy1978
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Unome
That's when my call to the police to report a stolen vehicle would have been made. Again, let them explain to a potential customer why he was pulled over & possibly sat in jail until it got straightened out.

I would've smiled and said you just bought my ride for FULL retail and put my hand out... You had them by the ***** right then n there.... LOL

Old 12-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Bigboy1978
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Markymannn
And for those of you who don't believe this, the same thing happened a month ago with my SUV. Dropped it off at one dealer who sent it to another for the work. Go to second dealer to pick it up where I find out they sent it to a third dealer that had a customer interested in buying it and was test driving it for the weekend. My wife blew up so bad at everyone there even I was scared
"Meant to quote this post"

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences