General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 06:05 PM
BobRR
Road Master
Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by BobRR
You are right, I definitely let my emotions get in the way.
This is not my fatboy, but my fatboy looks a lot like it because I saw his mods and tried to emulate them, to a point.

Old 08-07-2018, 10:43 PM
Bigdenjw
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Texas HD..Austin

1.7 hours labor to install a set of my Scorcher tires I bought online....almost 200$ labor to install tires? Really dude cmon wtf...only had the. Do it because I needed front rotors replaced under warranty...thinking they already have wheel off maybe I’ll catch a break ....yea right...last time...I get *** rammed by the stealership ever 😡🤬

Old 08-11-2018, 08:29 AM
MadManMitch
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's crazy, a local shop which is owned by a former Wildcat Harley mechanic only charges $30 if they are off the bike or $60 if they are on to change tires. Take a look the next time you go into a Harley Dealership at all the people just standing around. Parts people shooting the crap, service guys playing on the computer, sales just sitting in their cubicles. They have WAY too many people working at these dealerships so they have to rape you on prices to pay them. Wildcat Harley has 1 Master Tech and the rest have to be rotated next to him to be trained how to work on the bikes. Man O War in Lexington has all Master Techs working in their service department except for one guy and he's training. You can guess where my bike goes when it needs service. London had my bike over a week and couldn't even find a bad oil pressure sensor until it blew out and left me stranded out of town. Man O War services it and delivers it for free 1 hour away any time it needs warranty work.

Speaking of dealing over the phone, I had the same thing happen when I bought my 2016 Road King. $13.5k and my 2013 Sportster over the phone. I go up 30 minutes later and it's now 14.5k. They low ball to get you in the dealership then break out the Vaseline.

Old 08-12-2018, 02:29 AM
Old Iron Man
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts
Default High Octane is the worst

Originally Posted by MagillaGorilla
High Octane HD in Billerica Mass.

Went in to buy a used bike in 2015. Told them I had a limit of $10k and wanted a big twin. The first few bikes they tried to sell me were in the $15k-$17k range. I said my limit was $10k. Then then tried to push me to a Sportster not a big twin.

When I said I only wanted a big twin they came back with a stripped Super Glide with a sell price of $12k PLUS dealer prep costs that added over a grand on top of the $12k. Again I said that my budget was $10k and not a penny more and here is where it went WAY OFF TRACK.....

The sales managers response was, and I quote, "Let me ask you something....is the reason that your budget is only $10k is that is all your wife will let you spend?"

For real that is what he said to me. Years ago I would have dropped him on the spot for talking to me like that.

As long as he has a job there I will NEVER buy a bike at High Octane HD.
I went there when I was looking for an 883 Iron last year. It was my first Harley, and first experience with a Motorcycle dealership. There are no price tags on any of the bikes. Before they will even talk price, they stick you with the "fitment guy", who narrows down which bike you are interested in, (which is impossible if you can't see the prices). So they narrowed me down to the Iron, and here comes the closer with a clipboard and a bunch of numbers scribbled all over it and the monthly payment. He did this without any idea that I had planned to pay cash. When I finally got him to tel me How much is the f-ing bike? as I threatened to leave, he revealed it to be $11,800. So I pulled up the HD website on my phone showing it at $8,995, and told him I don't care for his games. He said, "Well, the $11,895 is just a "market bearing starting price", and they could do better, and after 15 min in the office, when I was literally one foot out the door, he came back with $8,800. WTF? I left. Then I wondered how many idiots pay them $3,000 over MSRP? Well it turns out a lot. This dealer is the largest in New England Check out the reviews on Yelp of this place, or any reviews of this place. All the same. Many stories are far worse. Don't give them your real phone number either. You will regret it. Beware!

Last edited by Old Iron Man; 08-12-2018 at 02:31 AM. Reason: forgot something
The following 2 users liked this post by Old Iron Man:
Gilman (10-25-2018), mitchxout (08-12-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Toolmaster
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Old 09-10-2018, 09:49 AM
Modo
Cruiser
Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Fort Thunder Harley-Davidson in Moore, Ok.

Here's my experiences: Bought 3 bikes from them.
1st was a '08 Softail Custom, had a great experience, my salesman (Casey, blue evo springer) is no longer there, but I realize now he made it great.
2nd was a '07 Street Glide after the ole lady wanted to ride and tour more, Casey also, only issue was it took the title dept about a month to get me my title, they paid the late fees, no biggie.

**** show from here on out...3rd was in May of this year. I pretty much hated the Street Glide, and wanted to go back to a normal bike. Went up there to look at a black '15 Wide Glide I has seen and liked, after I got up there I got to check out the bike, and wanted to go ahead with it, they said cool, we'll get everything started. My salesman was basically MIA the whole time after that (Casey wasn't employed there anymore) so we are just hanging out in the finance office and get going on the paperwork, about 20 mintues into it my salesman finally comes up and hands me a peice of paper and says "Here's your window sticker and keys" and walks off, I look at it, and it's for a 2018 FXBB. I'm pretty confused so I ask the finance guy what bike we are doing, and he tells me a 2018 FXBB, and I'm immediately like WTF and already start getting pretty upset. He askes what's up and I tell him I'm here to look at/get a 15 Wide Glide, and finally we get the salesman corraled and he goes through the motions of "Oh I forget to tell you?!" and he goes on about how I was pretty upside down, they couldn't get a deal to work for 0 down on my end, and had to go with a newer bike. Which in the end I knew was going to happen, but him blindsiding me and not telling me F all about what is going on has me furious. I'm ready to get on the Glide and bust out but my old lady and a different salesman talk for a bit, I check out the new bob and end up liking it quite a bit, so I go on with the deal. But still, imagine my surprise they have completely done their own deal without even contsulting me about it. In the end they made it okay-ish by throwing in some stuff like a Sundowner 2 up seat and passenger pegs and some other stuff that they ate. So okay, whatever, got rid of the bagger, got a bike I actually like and want to ride. Cool.

Fast forward to 4 weeks ago, I bought my bike in the beginning of May, just got my title at the end of August. So yeah. Huge fines. I had been calling the dealership and post office weekly with no clear answers. Finally after all that time they call me at the end of August, and tell me my title is there for them to pick up. I ask if they can help with late fees and such, and they are like yeah well talk to our supervisor and all that, I basically have to call them every day for a answer, and in the end they tell me to g F myself. End up with about $300 in penalties.

So yeah, I tell everyone I had a great experince at a different dealer and they should def go there. And I will never, ever, ever, buy a bike from them again, and probably not one from a dealership. Glad I got a new bike and love the thing even though I got a little rapey on the price. But F Fort Thunder and how they did me. Thinking about printing up some F Fort Thunder shirts, lol.

Stay away. I heard stories, but tried my luck, and got burned like so many others.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:43 PM
auburntsts
Cruiser

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by PerFLHXed

Fast forward to 4 weeks ago, I bought my bike in the beginning of May, just got my title at the end of August. So yeah. Huge fines. I had been calling the dealership and post office weekly with no clear answers. Finally after all that time they call me at the end of August, and tell me my title is there for them to pick up. I ask if they can help with late fees and such, and they are like yeah well talk to our supervisor and all that, I basically have to call them every day for a answer, and in the end they tell me to g F myself. End up with about $300 in penalties.
Could you explain the whole title and fines thing? I'm not understanding exactly why you owed fees and to whom.

The following users liked this post:
upStomp (09-18-2018)
Old 09-14-2018, 05:59 AM
Looney888
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gasoline Alley, Springwood, QLD Aust.

Fit Whitewalls to my bike brand new, didn't steer straight, not only was the back wheel installed crooked enough to rub the coating off the pulley and the swingarm, they installed wheel weights for the new tyres on top of the originals.

And then refused to look after me with anew pulley, proper wheel balance or courtesy in any way. The staff in general were great, the owner..... That's another story, atrocious, i'll never set foot in there again, ever.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:54 AM
Modo
Cruiser
Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by auburntsts
Could you explain the whole title and fines thing? I'm not understanding exactly why you owed fees and to whom.
Here in Oklahoma, you have 30 days to get your vehicle tagged and all that from date of purchase, so I had until April 5th to just pay the standard fees. After that 30 days you start to get fined around $2 a day for late fees.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:51 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Precision HD in Rhode Island

found a 2005 I was interested in. Like pulling teeth to get a price. No response from email, online chat, or callback from the latter. I called in to get “I just tried to call you”.

When I finally did get the price, it was 5k over priced for a 13 year old bike. I’m all for profit but they are rediculously over priced. I could buy a new street bob for what they were asking. They wanted me to drive an hour and a half on top to speak with the sales manager about it. Nice try. They had no interest in dealing over the phone. Couldn’t have been less helpful.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences