BAD Dealers and Experiences - Page 265 - Harley Davidson Forums

Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Old 01-01-2019, 11:56 AM
IndianSummer
Default Shanandoah HD In Virginia

The owner is pathetic. He asked for my info to run a credit check and my credit card info to “hold a bike if I was approved”. I wasn’t approved for the rate he offered so he used another company and said good news you are approved. The rate was terrible! The kicker is....

He charged my card for $1000! Then when I said I’m not interested he said he would give me a credit for $1000 good for 6 months toward the purchase of a bike. What! Refused to give me a refund. Rude as HELL! I filed a transaction dispute with my credit card company. Paid an attorney to send a letter of intent warning him not to contest the dispute or I’d see him in court where he would also be paying the legal fees. So he sent us a nasty letter in response which ended it. My feeling is that he does this regularly and if people don’t follow through like I did he either sells a bike or gets $1000. Unreal! If you heard the guy, Lynt Hurdman, on the phone you can tell he’s done this before. Crook!

Old 01-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Master

My custom’s still under warranty from these **** suckers for another 3 months so I’ll be careful nameing names, But on the 1st of March 2018 I’m gonna smack the freakin alphabet out their mouths.

Wiz 🤬

Old 01-06-2019, 03:37 PM
Cazador
Ultimate HDF Member
Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,347 Posts

Not sure about what to do.
My switch pack on the clutch side went bad like so many of other M8 bikes. While the bike was in for the warranty work I had them do the regular schedule 5K maintenance. Between work and traveling I didn't have time to do it myself. On the ride home the rear brake seemed funny. Investigating it revealed that the master cylinder cap was loose. It was actually just sitting on top and the screws were not engaged. The water pump cover was also hanging loose. I fixed the issue and the only person that I mentioned it to was a salesman there. He's been a friend for 20 some years. Advance another 5K miles and I take the bike in for the recall on the clutch actuator. When I went to pick up my bike I almost started it before checking the clutch lever. When I squeezed it. It went to the bar without resistance. I looked at the service writer and he said that he would get it taken care of. When I checked the paperwork it said that they had put 3 miles on it. I am guessing that was for a test ride. That was not possible. While I was waiting another guy pulled in and his clutch was not working. He had just got it back from the recall repair. He left and that was the last time the clutch worked. He had to shut the bike off to stop it when he pulled back in.
I checked my invoice and the work on my bike was supposedly done by two different techs.

Old 01-06-2019, 04:14 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Master

Originally Posted by Cazador View Post
Not sure about what to do.
My switch pack on the clutch side went bad like so many of other M8 bikes. While the bike was in for the warranty work I had them do the regular schedule 5K maintenance. Between work and traveling I didn't have time to do it myself. On the ride home the rear brake seemed funny. Investigating it revealed that the master cylinder cap was loose. It was actually just sitting on top and the screws were not engaged. The water pump cover was also hanging loose. I fixed the issue and the only person that I mentioned it to was a salesman there. He's been a friend for 20 some years. Advance another 5K miles and I take the bike in for the recall on the clutch actuator. When I went to pick up my bike I almost started it before checking the clutch lever. When I squeezed it. It went to the bar without resistance. I looked at the service writer and he said that he would get it taken care of. When I checked the paperwork it said that they had put 3 miles on it. I am guessing that was for a test ride. That was not possible. While I was waiting another guy pulled in and his clutch was not working. He had just got it back from the recall repair. He left and that was the last time the clutch worked. He had to shut the bike off to stop it when he pulled back in.
I checked my invoice and the work on my bike was supposedly done by two different techs.
Id be calling mother ship HD and filing a complaint, But I very much doubt they’ll do anything about it, But it does put them on record just Incase you have any other issues with ya scoot,

And Besides brakes are over rated 🤪.

Ride safe man.

Wiz 🍺

Old 01-06-2019, 04:31 PM
auburntsts

Originally Posted by M18A1 View Post
They sold out to Garner Britt, Mike Andress and ken Barner. They own car delaerships They also bought out Waugh HD which is now Stonewll HD. No matter what, they suck but Quantico gives a 10% law enforcement discount BUT no military discount is given...Funny as they at right outside Quantico and 90% of their merchandise had the Iwo Jima Memorial on it. If you want Good Honest Reasonable service try Brian at Old Towne Cycle off Cool Springs Rd Used to be the Mark Long Cycles shop
Hmmmm—We bought a used Street 750 from Quantico back in Aug 18 and have stopped in to buy this and that ever since and have always been given a 10% military discount.