General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 11:03 PM
dalesdr
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lamsauce
Was at Riverside Harley Davidson today to test ride the Iron 883 since I got my permit from the DMV last week after taking a riding course at the same dealership I mentioned. Talked to this sales guy who gave me more info on this pre-owned 2018 iron shown on the website. While I was still thinking about it, he sold the bike without letting me know. So that pissed me off a bit, but I shrugged it off when he contacted me saying he found another 2018 iron which was "definitely a steal" at 7.6k, but that the battery is dead and he had to switch it out. I asked him for an update on the mileage and the year of the bike since he was only guessing and would only be able to tell me after the bike was fixed and cleaned.

A day goes by and he ignores my texts asking for updates, so I call the guy and he said: bro you actually called me at just the right time and tells me its definitely a 2018. So I plan a test ride and I went down there today. He shows me the bike, but apparently its still not working. Battery is dead and a mirror is missing. But he tells me "they all run the same". I didn't even get a chance to hear the bike and I am supposed to take his word for it???

So they lend me another iron to test ride and I loved it but turns out that was a 2017 model that costs 9k. So I go back to the supposedly 2018 model and another guy helping me (who took me on the riding route) runs the stock number of the broken bike. Turns out the bike, the sales guy told me about, was a 2016 model!!! I just left after that. And realized I should have known since this dealership did not even use unique photos of the bike on the website, but rather these stock photos. Hope no one has to experience this. It sucks.
Not surprised, same company as Huntington Beach. I highly recommend Laidlaw's in Baldwin Park if you don't mind the drive.

Old 07-26-2019, 04:53 PM
224stu
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perpignan Harley Davidson main dealer FRANCE, had the coolant pump fail on my 2015 Electra glide , these guys fitted me the M8 updated pump, they charged me 3 1/2 hours to do a job of 1 1/2 hours, £350 labour and £902 in total, they new I wasn’t french and decided to turn me over,, surely a main dealer can’t make extra hours up as they have times for the jobs which their obliged to follow, the job was spot on and I was glad to get it fixed, but don’t appreciated having them take the ****

Old 07-26-2019, 08:26 PM
msetzerii
6th Gear

Was hoping that Harley-Davidson Corporate would be interested in fixing these customer service issues. On the Facebook page they were quick to reply and have me call the 800 number to report the issue. They seemed very concerned, and took all the info, and gave me a case number, and said they would investigate it, and get back to me. That was in February, and still nothing??? Reposted, and got the exact same boiler plate message to call the 800 number, so think it is probable a corporate scam to just blow off customers. I spend $5,000 at dealership in 2018, but haven't spent a dime this year. Spread the word to all of the 7 local biker clubs, and on the internet every chance I get. Have a friend that had them sale him the wrong bearings for his bike, another has his bike down for weeks, since they said his bike needed new fork barrings, so they didn't have, ordered, but they are listed as back ordered? Think they would have checked before taking it down. Another guy ordered tires, and paid an extra 15% to get them shipped priority (suppose to be 1 week), didn't get them for over a month. Place they ordered from didn't have them for 3+ weeks, but then did ship them priority?? If Harley-Davidson doesn't get there customer service in gear, don't know if they will be around much longer. More and more people are finding a good non-Harley tech. Guy that did mine is very busy, and charged less than half the dealers labor cost, and did it right the first time, rather than screwing it up twice. Ride Safe.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:58 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by 224stu
Perpignan Harley Davidson main dealer FRANCE, had the coolant pump fail on my 2015 Electra glide , these guys fitted me the M8 updated pump, they charged me 3 1/2 hours to do a job of 1 1/2 hours, £350 labour and £902 in total, they new I wasn’t french and decided to turn me over,, surely a main dealer can’t make extra hours up as they have times for the jobs which their obliged to follow, the job was spot on and I was glad to get it fixed, but don’t appreciated having them take the ****
Report them to the mothership, if anything get a free oil change and a wash and wax.

Wiz Out 🍸

The following users liked this post:
224stu (07-27-2019)
Old 07-26-2019, 10:13 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Fatbobby09
Oh geez, gotta say Ft. Thunder HD in Moore Oklahoma was awful. So bad in fact that after my 2.5 hour ride home, I discovered they didnt install my rear brake caliper correctly! They put new tires on the bike and all that which is great, but didnt install my rear brakes right. I called and told them about it and they said theres no way that they had done that. Well, I sent the guy pictures...I'll post em... yeah, he wanted me to ride the bike back to them for them to fix it. NO WAY. So, they came and got it, and had it back to me in a day.. I'll never go back to FT. Thunder HD
Nothin like paying $85 bucks an hour to have them fu@k ya **** up.

Gee Wiz 🙄

Old 07-28-2019, 03:50 AM
msetzerii
6th Gear

Yes, not good, and Harley-Davidson needs to hold dealerships to a much higher standard, or they will lose the limited customers they already had. I unfortunately, paid the dealership a $105/hr for a total of 8 hours plus parts and gaskets to F Up my bike. Fortunately, got a non-harley tech to fix it for $200 plus parts after the dealership opted to not actually fix their crappy work. Then the manager kicked me out of HOG for not supporting the dealership?? Spent over $5,000 on mostly service in 2018, but not a dime since. Had also, just been awarded officer of year from 2018 for HOG as membership office. Have spread the bad service to every group and rider. Heard a lot of stories from others with similar experiences. Old dealership was much better, but new one got rid of most of the good people. Well Ride Safe, and can only hope Harley-Davidson Corporate can get their act together, and see that if dealerships screw with customers, it will spread like wildfire.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:07 PM
Wizardofaus
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by msetzerii
Yes, not good, and Harley-Davidson needs to hold dealerships to a much higher standard, or they will lose the limited customers they already had. I unfortunately, paid the dealership a $105/hr for a total of 8 hours plus parts and gaskets to F Up my bike. Fortunately, got a non-harley tech to fix it for $200 plus parts after the dealership opted to not actually fix their crappy work. Then the manager kicked me out of HOG for not supporting the dealership?? Spent over $5,000 on mostly service in 2018, but not a dime since. Had also, just been awarded officer of year from 2018 for HOG as membership office. Have spread the bad service to every group and rider. Heard a lot of stories from others with similar experiences. Old dealership was much better, but new one got rid of most of the good people. Well Ride Safe, and can only hope Harley-Davidson Corporate can get their act together, and see that if dealerships screw with customers, it will spread like wildfire.
Do you really think that corporate HD gives a crap on bad dealership behavior. Once they got ya money, Ya dog shitright up until you buy another one.

No wonder their loosing money, Hope the greedy Fu@kers go broke.

Wiz Out 🤘

The following users liked this post:
mitchxout (07-29-2019)
Old 07-28-2019, 10:49 PM
msetzerii
6th Gear

Can't say for sure. At the Bali convention in 2015 they had a lot of great people from Harley-Davidson, and they provided lots of good information on working with the owners after the point of purchase, but you may be right that they are a tiny part of Harley-Davidson, and many others don't give a crap of the customers, but someone has to see that if the upset customers, that that is going to stop people from buying new bikes, and actively pushing others not to buy Harley-Davidson bikes. Seems strange that they fly people out to the dealerships, and are super picky on how the store has to be setup with materials, lighting, and all kinds of crap that doesn't mean a thing to the owners, but then not care about the customers. If they screw customers, and customers can not even feel safe getting their bikes serviced at dealership. That with so many recalls, and just problems. Just had a guy with a new bike in the parade have his bikes clutch go out since it over heated. Had to wait for an hour for it to cool down, before it started working again. Think that is the 3rd bike that it has happened on. Some dealerships are great, but Guam Harley-Davidson is no longer one of them.

The Wiki page on HOG says that HOG members spend 30% more than non-HOG members, so think the Corporate and Dealerships would work to promote that. I spent $5,000 with the dealership in 2018, but not a dime this year, and don't even go there at all. Hear they aren't selling many bikes, so will see. Best outlook is they might fold, and someone else picks it up that is interested in supporting customers. Probable just dreaming.
Ride Safe Everyone.

Old 07-29-2019, 02:45 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts

So much bad work comes out of the dealerships anymore it's scary, and i mean dangerous scary. The dealer is the last person i want working on anything i own. This goes for the auto dealers too.

Old 08-19-2019, 12:33 PM
Sherando
Advanced
Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 2019 Shadetree Fab Update

All,

I've attempted to keep this private, although after reading posts from a couple years back, and being treated the way I've been treated by Kyle Shorey, I felt I owe it to someone here considering Shadetree Fab for parts. This isn't meant to be a broad cast, I'm sure Kyle has probably done good work for others. This is my experience only .... and for this post, I'll keep it short with little detail since I'm considering litigation.

Kyle Shorey owes me a substantial amount of money. I ordered numerous parts that took an extreme amount of time to receive. Once I did receive, some pieces were incorrect and obviously packed hurriedly. The fender was warped amongst other problems. I was told by Kyle/Deidra to send back for a refund, and after a significant amount of time, still nothing. And now, Kyle is saying he should never have accepted the return, and is acting like a childish victim. It's been excuse after excuse.

Once I decide the path to take or the future fallout, I'll be back to post the details of my experience, although for now, it is my hope others will not take the gamble of ordering from Shadetree Fabrications.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences