General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 09:38 AM
itchin
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have'nt posted on here in quite a while. In fact i dont even own a HD right now. My current ride is an 06 Triumph Speed Triple. But when i logged on this post is the first one i saw so i thought i would share my first and only experience with a HD dealership with you. The dealership is HD in Michigan, which has since changed owner and moved and is in the process of moving again. In 85 i had just gotten out of the U.S.N. and wanted a bike. I picked up an 85 FXWG. Left the dealership and was just toolin around putting some break in miles on her when i felt something warm on my right leg. I looked down and was shocked to see my brand new Wideglide on fire. I pulled over real fast and shut her down. Stood there on the gravel shoulder throwin handfuls of dirt onto my new bike. I finally got the fire out. Pushed the bike to the end of someones driveway and they were kind enough to let me use their phone to make a call. The dealership would NOT come get me. My bike had 65 miles on it. I had left the dealership 1.5 hours ago. Said they would fix it but i had to bring it to them. I was fifteen miles away. Left the bike in the driveway and walked 5 miles to a buddys house and got his truck. Worst dealerexperience i have ever had. They fixed my bike, sort of. Was never the same. I sold it and took an *** whippin on it. Last HD. Maybe someday another.

Last edited by itchin; 11-09-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:08 AM
02flh
Cruiser
Thumbs up Inspector Don

I wount mention a dealer by name cause I do extended warranty work at Dealers and I am also a customer. But as a customer i get to hear the hustle when I ask a question. When I am in Inspector mode the conversation gets nicely pointed,with results. I do my own work cause I can but most of all because I love my Harleys and don't want no body getting there paws on her. I do use Indes for custom mechine work. Thanks 40deg now and snow yesterday. I have to were long underwear to ride now.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:38 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by scasey
... b/c of banks and such not being very willing to share all that money that the people who pay taxes gave them.
The people who pay taxes didn't give any money to any banks. The government has used some of the money to invest in some banks to help crank things up a bit and try to loosen up the credit.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:17 AM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
The people who pay taxes didn't give any money to any banks. The government has used some of the money to invest in some banks to help crank things up a bit and try to loosen up the credit.
I don't want to get into a political discussion but;

How will it take place? The money that is flowing to the nine banks under the government's so-called capital purchase program likely would be kept in a special account at the Treasury Department, which can write electronic checks on it. The checks would be sent to an intermediary bank, which then would distribute them to the nine banks.
That will officially make U.S. taxpayers part-owners of the banks -- including Bank of America, Citigroup and JPMorgan Chase, each expected to receive $25 billion. It also will mark the first disbursement of resources from the government's $700 billion financial rescue package enacted by Congress early this month.

Now that we the tax payers are part owners of the banks do you think that the government will in turn be sending us dividend checks when the banks start to turn profits? I doubt it.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:50 PM
harleyfxdc08
Novice

Ottawa Harley Davidson
Ontario Canada.

Went into buy a 2008 fxdc anv edition. I like the number 8(built 782 of 2000 on show room floor) Told the salesman I would take it. He told me it was a demo unit.I couldnot have it. it had 0 kms on it.

Offered to ship another 1 in from Toronto. I told him I wanted the 782 build. Still couldn't buy it. Reluctantly bought build 1012. 1 week before delivery I insisted on 782. I was told I could have it but had to wait 2 more weeks for it. Buddy its on the showroom floor!
Bottom line never got it.

Also ask the finance girl to fax papers to my ins company and was told it was not her job!
Can u believe this s*it?

Never will shop there again.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:10 PM
motorbiker40@hotmail.com
6th Gear
Cool

I just got of the harley davidson web , it stated that [we care about you] . the onley thing they care about is taking your money for a new bike and thats it. because when a problem developes they do not want to know anything and they will try to blame the rider, sutch as popping in the throtle boddy and a one foot flame shooting out of the air filter. I dought if their is a rider who can do this on purpouse or by acident.trenton harley and milwaukee thinks i can do this.WOW what a bunch of jack asses .east coast choppers fix my bike because harley would not and now milwaukee said that i just voided warrentee.this bike is a 2008 screamin eagle softtail springer with a 110 cb motor.It was dynoed an showed onley 77 hp . I had a power commader installed and wow a 113.34hp. this bike and my 02 softtail will NEVER see a harley dealer again , and I know a lot of pissed off bikers that are looking for a knew place to take their motorcycles to be fixed. so here it is [609-812-0400]east coast choppers in tuckerton n.j. and good luck to you all.

Last edited by motorbiker40@hotmail.com; 11-13-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:06 PM
tanktm
Novice
Thumbs down TRD Leathers

I ordered saddlebags from TRD leathers that had a booth set up in Somerset,NJ.Was looking to have custom bags made for my springer-factory ones are horrible.Talk with their rep Rookie we made a deal plus I sent them 2 8X10 photos of the bags I wanted which were like the heitage springer bags from the factory,without the conchos and the webbing.They took my cedit card # in may of 2008 they sent me these crappy square lookin bags inJuly or August that weren't nothing like we discussed or the pictures I sent.Called them,complained and sent the bags back,called them every week since August,they kept forgetting about me or they were trying to say they were going to make them.Now its the middle of Nov they say they lost money at their last 4 shows and don't have the money to refund me now.Hey I know things are bad out there I drive a truck-dont buy anything from this company-TRD Leathers,Cleveland,Ohio.Now I have to go through the court system for my $550 and its just a big hassle

Old 11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by tanktm
Now I have to go through the court system for my $550 and its just a big hassle
Why do you have to go through the court system? Can't you just dispute it with your credit card company?

Old 11-15-2008, 02:17 AM
Flhrc2008
5th Gear

Bough a FLHRC 2008 Classic and after I took it homme the service stop bike is pay for and it`s sad dealer was a few mile from my place and now I drive 45 minutes too have my bike service Boutin Sport In valleyfield very poor service wait two month for my recall fuel fliter no reason for that

Old 11-16-2008, 04:52 PM
tanktm
Novice

Yeah called credit card company they said I have to write a dispute letter,whitch is what I'm doing but they said it was past the 3 month dispute period but to write a letter anyway

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences