General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 06:08 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

wattya'

Last edited by hagger; 02-05-2009 at 01:40 AM. Reason: irrelevant
Old 02-04-2009, 06:56 AM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

BAD:Sun Enterprises, Colorado. Bad attitude. I would never let these guys work on my bike!

GOOD:My bike was listed at 600.00 more than the sticker price on the web & my dealer pulled the web page & said they'd give me the web price. Haven't had any major work done yet as I do my own maintenance. But I must say that these guys are freindly & helpful and they all love to ride their motorcycles.
And so High Country Harley in Colorado, gets my temp. endorsment. I am on first name basis w/these guys, and they seem to be concerned with return buisness. In fact I can't say enough, (so far), about their customer service. (See Arron in service). Arron knows his stuff.

Last edited by hagger; 02-05-2009 at 02:22 AM. Reason: "in service"
Old 02-08-2009, 09:22 AM
telebiker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD of Toronto

I bought a new 08 dealer modified Dyna. The bikes did not work and was dangerous to ride. They had put a spacer in the front forks which had play (loose), handle bars hit the tank decreasing turning radius, power commander made the motor quite when passing, etc etc.

I paid $22,000 for the bike. I offered the bike back to the dealer and they said that they were in the business of selling bikes, not buying them.

I spoke to HD Canada and US. HD is not responsible for dealer modifications, even when jeapordizing HD engineering/safety.

I offer it back to the dealer for $15,000 and again they refused. I asked them what they would pay (less than 500 miles) and they again said that "they were not in the busisess of buying bikes"!!

I spent a few thousand dollars more, replaced the front end, risers, handlebars and traded the bike for a new 09 Ultra. The Dyna sold in 2 days for more than $15,000 to a very satisfied buyer.

I have owned numerous HD's since 1987 and have never experienced a dealer like this.

Beware.

Telebiker

Old 02-11-2009, 10:25 PM
plumb4fun
Advanced
Default Invicta Motorsports Fairings & eBay Maxshen520

Bought a Invicta Detachable Fairing last month on eBay from Maxshen520 and when I took it apart it just sprung apart! The inner & outer were not matched and I didnt know any better, so I paid $300 to ahve it painted and when I put it back together, the fiberglass flexed, but the paint didnt!!!!!!! Wound up with a severly cracked in8 palces outer fairing.!!! Maxshen520 wanted send me another one and that is all he would do, I would lose my $300 and pay for shipping again. Left 2 phone messages at Invicta and 3 emails and no one ever responded!!!!!!!!!!! Had to file a complaint through Pay Pal and they sided with me and I will get a refund but I have to pay to ship it back($74) and I he does not have to pay the $300 for paint job either!!!!!!!! You get what you pay for I guess. Should have bought a Dead Center!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Default Bad Harley Dealers

I have read many pages of this thread....and WOW ! there are some suck @$$ Dealers out there. I bought my 05 & 09 Ultras at Victoria H-D (Victoria,Tx). The wife and I walked in ready to buy (the 09). I could not believe, I was not going to beg them to take my $28k. Apparently the one employee (other than the Owner) who was the catalyst that made things happen, had just taken a leave of absence. Our Sales rep., was the Owner's wife... I thought ...Great !!... We told her we wanted a price quote. We gave her a prepared spreadsheet that included extras. It took over 90 min to turn that into a quote. There were many of the extras not included...we sent her off to try again...we did this dance for 4 1/2 hours... Long story short...Deal with Tim (owner), Jim, or Jeremy.....the rest are just competing for air.
I have the satisfaction of detailing my sales experience on the survey form that HD Corporate Customer Service sent us.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:48 PM
metalheart
Advanced

Looked at a Rocker C at Van Nuys in Nov. But ended up purchasing the Rocker C at Simi Valley HD and got a killer deal. Planning on having Simi Valley do my first service since I purchased the bike there.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:52 AM
motorbiker40@hotmail.com
6th Gear
Default motorbiker40@hotmail.com

I had bought a 2008 Screamin eagle soft tail at Apple Harley Davidson in Altona Pa.IN July. The sales lady Jessica was very nice ,very helpful , and very hot.I traveled five hours from n.j. to pa. to pick up this bike and when I saw Jessica it was all worth it. She could have sold me anything and I would have bought it. Anyway I took the bike home and rode it around town for a couple of day and the bike developed problems like popping in the throtle body and flames shoot out of the air filter.I took the bike to world class harley in Trenton N.J. I would never take the bike their again. They coud not fix my bike and they told miwaukee that it must be the rider.Let me tell you I have been riding bikes since I was 10 years old and NEVER ever ran into this problem. From mini bikes to Honda ,yammaha hodoka and yes even 2002 harley softtail and never had this problem.I would not let trenton Harley fix my daughters bicycle.I took this bike to R and D american Cycle in tuckerton N.J.and that man can fix anything.No more harley shops for me. PS this shop should be called world LAST HARLEY of TRENTION

Old 02-15-2009, 11:24 AM
houndawgg
Tourer

Originally Posted by motorbiker40@hotmail.com
the bike developed problems like popping in the throtle body and flames shoot out of the air filter.I took the bike to world class harley in Trenton N.J. I would never take the bike their again. They coud not fix my bike, I would not let trenton Harley fix my daughters bicycle.I took this bike to R and D american Cycle in tuckerton N.J.and that man can fix anything.No more harley shops for me. PS this shop should be called world LAST HARLEY of TRENTION
I haven't used R & D, but have only heard good things about it. My bikes will go there, when needed.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:36 AM
harleeup
Intermediate

The HD shopp in big spring ,tx.what a dissapointment. Had 10k sched. for $ 260 , show up , tech is gone out of town.They say ,oh so and so can do it. So ol so and so puts her on lift.I asked some Q's about the update motor mount, he dont have a clue.I asked about updated injector , no clue. Are you a cert. harley tech? no ,I'm the owners son.Do you have a ck list you go by? says I'm gona change the oil and ck the cables.Tell him hell I can do that,I want someone who knows MORE than I do, to go over it, hell I could have stayed in san angelo If I wanted just some hill billy to drop the oil.Be on my way to Kents in Abilene Thurs.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:15 PM
shiltpold
Novice
Angry Republic HD Prepaid Maintenance Contract

Back in September 2007, I purchased a 2007 EG Classic from Republic HD in Stafford, Texas. I also opted to purchase the 48 month pre-paid maintenance contract from Republic at the same time. The salesman that this contract included unlimited service and oil changes at 2,500 mile intervals as well as a free upgrade to synthetic lubricants. Since then I have put over 22,000 miles on the bike, and no problems with either the bike or Republic.
Earlier this week, I took the bike in for the 22,500 mile service, and the guy at the desk asked me if I had heard about the NEW prepaid maintenance policy. I said no, please tell me about it. He told me that the new service manager had said that they were no longer going to cover the 2,500 mile interval service under the prepaid maintenance, only the 5,000 mile interval services. In addition, the bike owner would have to pay the upgrade cost to synthetic lubricants at the 5,000 mile maintenance.
The guy at the desk is OK, just the messenger. I said, let me talk to this new service manager, so he took me over there, but the service manager was out for a couple of days. The assistant waived the fee for this 22,500 service since I had not been notified. Gee, thanks. They said to call back on Thursday.
Got home and looked at the contract. It clearly states 4 years unlimited services and free upgrade to synthetic oils.
Called the service manager on Thursday to discuss the situation. He told me that they were only going to cover the maintenance at 5,000 miles because that is what is recommended in the Harley maintenance schedule in the owners manual. I pointed out that the contract was with Republic, not Harley, and the contract says unlimited. Also told him that free upgrade to synthetic is clearly stated in the contract. He did not have an answer for that.
The service manager is no longer there, I but finally set up a meeting with the operations manager yeaterday. I had copies of the contract and of all service tickets at 2,500 mile intervals. This guy says that Republic thinks that the service interval is subject to interpretation, and Republic is going to follow the manufacturers 5,000 schedule regardless of the agreement.
I kept my temper under control and did not threaten any legal action, but apparently some other contract owners before me have threatened. He said Harley has lawyers on staff, and they wiould handle any legal issues.
In summary, they already have the money, and have decided that they are going to change the terms of the contract. He even went as far as to tell me that they are not going to ask me to pay for the service done at the 2,500 mile intervals. The arrogance of this dealer blows me away.
I am not sure of my next step yet, maybe small claims court
Just wonder if other dealers are doing the same thing.

Regards,

Steve

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences