General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pet peeves about riding.....>>>

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 02:01 AM
joel85
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pet peeves about riding.....>>>

I saw a guy on a Yamaha this summer ripping up the highway at around 90mph. He was wearing sandals,shorts, and a tank top, no helmet. That was bad enough.......... on the back though........ he had a little girl, probably around 8 years old, wearing sandals, shorts , tank top, and no helmet. Remember he was going at least 90 on the interstate flying by everyone in the fast lane! Irritating....[:@]

Old 02-05-2008, 02:17 AM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ridden with my flip flops before. i had too though. they have a bottle opener on the sole and all the bars i was riding too didn't have bottle openers. my buddy does sport bike stunning videos and he has a good shot of him riding a wheelie in hawaii wearing diving flippers and a snorkel.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:30 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

While I normally ride with boots, if it is a short trip, I will wear tennis shoes.

Too many tattoos on your legs to ride in shorts?

SO........are you embarrassed by them? I mean, why spend the money of em, if ya don't want anybody to see em?

Old 02-05-2008, 03:11 AM
azhole
Road Master

I don't like riding behind people that ride too fast to enjoy the ride.
I don't like riding behind people that spit and expect you to dodge it.
I don't like getting oil all over my pants under the air cleaner.
I don't like getting sprayed cause some idiot slows down at a puddle when I have my speed just right.
I don't like not liking toride with other people.
I don't like how much it costs to fix my bike when something happens to it.
I don't like a dress code just to ride my bike.

That oughta do for a start. Just let me know when you want some more negative comments, and I'm sure I can accomodate cha!

Fortunately, I like to ride, and that outweighs all the dislikes.
BTW I've ridden with sandals, and shorts, but I'm not been accused of being the smartest cookie in the world. (yeah, I said cookie cause I'm such a sweet motherfu(&er) and I have burned myself also riding in shorts. No scars though

Old 02-05-2008, 03:20 AM
Gunshow
Cruiser

Iwas drivingaround a local smaller towns downtown andsaw a guy ridin around on some crotch rocket, looked like a honda,wearing black sweat pants, a tank top, flip flops and 1982 magnumPI sunglasses and a backwards ball cap,all while talking on thephone....I was tempted to pull up behind him and start blaring on the horn just to see if he'd drop his phone!!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:32 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: biz44
The thing that really ticks me though, is seeing guys riding with sneakers. I dont know why....it shouldn't even warrant a second glance....but it just pisses me off like all get out....and I dont even know why.
So I should return those new $500 Willie G. designer toeless sneakers I just bought?

Old 02-05-2008, 04:59 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

The blunt skulls that are wearing shorts,tank tops, and full face helmets.That leaves an impression of someone who is lost in space.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:38 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure why, but I agree with ya. Riding in sneakers, shorts and a tank top just lights me up. To top that, we were in Iowa at a rally, there on an old shovelhead, was about a 20 -25 yr old girl, nice lookin', riding with sneakers, short shorts, and NO TOP. God, don't some of these ppl get it? (That REALLY lit me up )

Old 02-05-2008, 06:05 AM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never much gave a spit for what someone else was wearing while they rode their bike.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:06 AM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: biz44

I just seen a pic of a guy riding with a pair of sneakers and shorts on. Well I dont know about you guys, but I got way too many tattoos on my legs to ride with shorts. It seems that no mater how careful I am I ALWAYS burn the **** out of my right leg....and I got the scars to prove it.
The thing that really ticks me though, is seeing guys riding with sneakers. I dont know why....it shouldn't even warrant a second glance....but it just pisses me off like all get out....and I dont even know why. Hell....I dont even own a pair of sneakers...the only things I wear on my feet are Danner boots....for work, for play...for riding....all the time all year long.
I am sure if I thought about it I could come up with a few more things that **** me off about the way others ride....but its getting late.
Lighten up.
Just worry about yourself, not everyone else on the road

Quick Reply: pet peeves about riding.....>>>