General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions about "Bikers".

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: A few questions about "Bikers".

ORIGINAL: Arcane

What other people wear and what bike they ride is up to them, if you find them so offensive that you get you’re shorts in a knot then look don’t look. If your father in law does not fit your idea of what we should or should not wear or ride perhaps you should take it to him, of course he will probably tell you where to stick it and then whip your azz. In the event that he really whips it on you please post pics, we could all use a good laugh.

Arcane
See We told you, here it goes.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:10 PM
JamieCarr
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he he he,..this should be fun

where's my BIG WOODEN SPOON!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:10 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member

I considera biker one of those guys that come over to check out my chopper when I park it, we shoot the sh't over a beer and talk tech a while. By the time I pull off the 40 yr old brown fringed leatherjacket and sturdy work gloves, brush the bugs off my grey beard, I'm invited to share their camp/table and we all have a good time.
Those who pose don't give me the time of day and I could care less. I gain new brothers where ever I go. That's the way it should be.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: DeJavu

I considera biker one of those guys that come over to check out my chopper when I park it, we shoot the sh't over a beer and talk tech a while. By the time I pull off the 40 yr old brown fringed leatherjacket and sturdy work gloves, brush the bugs off my grey beard, I'm invited to share their camp/table and we all have a good time.
Those who pose don't give me the time of day and I could care less. I gain new brothers where ever I go. That's the way it should be.
Sure as **** right there.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
celticgent
Road Master

ORIGINAL: The Baron
I simply find it comical that these folks think is necessary riding attire. I worked with one dude who would wear a white shirt, slacks and tie for his job, but when he showed up on the bike (sunny days only) he wore his leather get-up that he'd remove for work. Come lunch time he'd get all geared back up and head out on the scooter to Applebees. Then when he got back he'd dress down again just to do it again at quitin' time.

That's the type that I'm talking about. Leather doesn't make a person a biker.
some of us use leather because of its resistance to abrasion.

in fact, some of us are such pussies that we wear helmets to protect our heads too.

the argument against that is: "If you are worried about that you shouldn't be riding in the first place"

to me it's like having sex with a hooker:

some people use a rubber, but others feel that if you're that worried then you shouldn't be fuqn in the first place...

to each their own.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:19 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: JamieCarr

Well ,..next time you see some fat yuppies wearing leather on a hot day,....why don't you go over and ask them what the hell is wrong with them,..and why do they have leather on? I'm sure they'd be happy to give you an answer.

-be sure to tell the ole' boy about how his wifes fat *** is crammed into them pants too,....
Yeah, what he said. [sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Wildcat68
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: connsmith

I don't ride in the rain cause I own a car!!!! Now if I am going somewhere long distance then I am prepared to ride in the rain and so is the wife,we have done so but.... hello it's wet why make yourself miserable to get somewhere if you don't have to? If I am riding for pleasure, rain is no pleasure and riding in it don't make you a man.

Ridin in the rain sucks for sure, kinda like gettin a tattoo on your face. But ridin around in a giant *** ghetto sled with a HD tag on the front and a HUGE Maltese cross on the back don't make you a biker or a brother. So laugh it up next time you see some ol' dude sittin in the rain on his scoot, just don't expect him to wave back or buy you a beer when he sees you at the bar in your HD Hawaii shirt that you swear you rode over to get...

But I digress, live and let live, Squiggies of the world unite!!!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:21 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bet you don't say that to their faces. Get your eye dotted, with pop knots all over. Blowin in the wind -you is.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:23 PM
edilgdaor
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,228 Likes on 3,186 Posts

ORIGINAL: connsmith

I don't ride in the rain cause I own a car!!!!
I have cars, a van, and a truck. I can't make up my mind what to drive when it's raining, so I ride the bike hoping it'll help me decide what car to drive. By the time I'm close to a decision, I'm close to where I was going. And I only get wet when I stop.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:24 PM
dropone
Supporter

[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=chattypair.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=hia.gif][sm=hia.gif][sm=hia.gif][sm=hia.gif][sm=biker.gif][sm=biker.gif][sm=biker.gif][sm=biker.gif][sm=biker.gif][sm=biker.gif][sm=crossbonesgif.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=nxsmile.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=pcwhack.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif]

Quick Reply: A few questions about "Bikers".