General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Castle Rock, CO Springs or Pueblo?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 01:47 AM
skiahh
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Castle Rock, CO Springs or Pueblo?

ORIGINAL: outlaw0013

Try Rocky Mtn HD in Englewood. Ask for Ron. Troy runs the place. Like posted earlier stay away from Freedom. By the way they are the same people who own the shop in Castle Rock but they're getting ready to shut it down. Business is down with the main store being only 20 minutes away.
Er, wait... who is the same people? Freedom and the one in Castle Rock? From the HD site, I thought Castle Rock was Rocky Mountain HD.

Thanks for all the feedback. I also heard from folks at work to avoid Pike's Peak. Since the main complaint with them seems to be pricing, are they otherwise OK if I were to be able to dicker them to a fair deal?

Leaning more and more towards getting a bike. Original plan was a Jeep Wrangler to tinker with, but since I already have a 20 MPG 4x4, I figure I'm better off with a 40+ MPG bike that I can tinker with! Wife's not opposed, just not there yet. Hell, she's more of a HD fan than I am; my last bike was a ricer!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:04 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm telling you Sun is Colorado's oldest dealer. Take my advice. You will save cash.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:58 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to mess you up. Rocky Mtn owns the shop in Castle Rock not Freedom. I posted that wrong. (ops). Vinny and Cathy own both . Their son Troy runs the place now.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:00 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain

Like I posted before ask for Ron I believe he's still the lead salesman there.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I'll second OutPost in Pueblo...give Nick a call @ (719) 542-6032. Good people and a great service department. They read posts here on the forum and know that you're shopping for a deal.

Good luck.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:42 PM
monsterdeluxe
Road Captain

When my Fatboy was stolen the people at RMHD were real good to me getting all the documentation for the add ons. The guy bought the bike from had his work done there.

I go to Sun for all my parts, they been good to me and my friend. If you go to their custom bike creations. The dodgeball red heritage that was re done to look like a 50's style Hydraglide (closest we could find). That's the one my friend bought, they treated him good.

I would also look at the used bikes in craigslist. Some really good deals with low mileage.

Good luck

Old 03-04-2008, 07:42 PM
bobcowan
Road Warrior

I'v purchased 3 bikes at Pikes Peak, 2 new and one used. When I bought my last one, I went to just about every dealer around, including Denver. I wanted a sales person who knows bikes, a service dept who knew the new dynas, and (of course) the best price on the bike, parts, and installation of those new parts. After extensive research, I ended up back at Pikes Peak.

Deal went down exactly as expected, in a timely manner, and without much fuss. What more could I ask for?

Old 03-04-2008, 08:53 PM
smheath
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my '07 Wide Glide from Mile High Harley in Denver in November. Scott and Harry were great to work with. Their entire staff is great.They don't have the normal "used car dealership" feeling like other dealers I've been to.Would highly recommend them.

And second the poor service at Freedom Harley. Rude and unprofessional to say the least.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Vinnie85FXWG
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sun used to be a good place until they got new management (Fired a lot of good friends). Freedom sux and RMHD is alright.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:10 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

I am big on customer service. I have spent a lot of time at Sun. EVERYONE at the store knows what customer service is all about. GO THERE!

Quick Reply: Castle Rock, CO Springs or Pueblo?