General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid primary question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Stupid primary question

I just installed the Corbin EZ-fill. Looks awesome. Initial impressions: the cap is really tight, which is a good thing. Tight to the point that the bike rocked too much while on the lift, so I sit on the bike to remove it. I found that you still have to be careful pouring - it takes a bit of time.

I too had all the aforementioned complaints, and now this setup rocks. Long delivery time, though - anticipate a few weeks.

Cannon

Old 03-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

PS - it comes with a new gasket, so you don't have to buy a replacement.

Cannon

Old 03-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

PPSS - Yes, your stock bolts will still work.

Cannon

Old 03-10-2008, 03:52 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I should of clarified my original post a bit. I was referring to the '08 dynas. No need to open up the primary on them other than to fill. That being the case I see no reason why not to have a fill hole. HD rush maybe? I think I will drill and tap one, i'll let you know what comes of it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52705/FF5B65DB33DC4AF2A37C77D5A9F2085E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-10-2008, 10:32 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont see any resean for a fill hole so theres 5 screws to pull off the clutch cover.not only that I personally dont like the looks of it that corbin shows.To fill on a 06 or later it is easy if you got a funnell that fits in between the cover where its notched out.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:11 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bagga

i use the same gasket untill it starts to leak. when it leaks i change it. go to a hardware store and get some stainless allens fo ALOT less than $2 each.

I agree with reusing the gasket. have used the same one on multiple oil changes with no leaks. rather than get stainless bolts, which notoriously are brittle and known to easily break or bugger up the threads (plus stainless bolts are super hard and pretty much impossible to drill out), just go to Ace Hardware and buy some chrome allen head bolts and washers. makes removing the cover a breeze.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:15 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

The reason I think a fill hole would be a great idea is beacause so many people have already complained about the primary hole cover screws stripping for one, the waste of time and a gasket for another and the fact that the clutch is an auto-adjust so no need to go into there other than to change the fluid. Maybe it's just me but I don't keep spare screws on hand and would rather not give the stealers anything more than absolutely necessary. BTW, there is no notch on my cover.....not sure what you speak of there.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52705/D670BA0D90CF4457AB2938E71EB9CD63.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 AM
06dynablack
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ezriderpgh

The reason I think a fill hole would be a great idea is beacause so many people have already complained about the primary hole cover screws stripping for one, the waste of time and a gasket for another and the fact that the clutch is an auto-adjust so no need to go into there other than to change the fluid. Maybe it's just me but I don't keep spare screws on hand and would rather not give the stealers anything more than absolutely necessary. BTW, there is no notch on my cover.....not sure what you speak of there.

[IMG]local://upfiles/52705/D670BA0D90CF4457AB2938E71EB9CD63.jpg[/IMG]
the notch is is on the primary cover itself not the clutch cover.and also the clutch is not auto adjust the primary chain is tho. If you have a decent set of torx sockets you wont be ruining them.I have had my cover off probally 3 or 4 times and same screws. the notch btw is to allow room between the clutch and cover to fit a funnell

Old 03-11-2008, 12:19 AM
mnvikingsfan
Road Captain

Ihave zero mechanical aptitude but I'll take a wild guess here on why there isnt one: $$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Capt.Bob
Tourer

So how many traffic lights are there in Middleburg now?
If you haven't been here in a while you would be surprised. Some members of the "board of county extorsionists" (county commisioners) went to a big city garage sale and bought a whole mess of traffic lights. We didn't have enough crossroads to use them all so they put them up for peoples driveways.

Quick Reply: Stupid primary question