Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   Pulled the trigger on some handling mods! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/206346-pulled-the-trigger-on-some-handling-mods.html)

05 HD Deluxe 03-14-2008 05:53 PM

RE: Pulled the trigger on some handling mods!

Spike95

Are your rims tubeless ? If not will the rideon tire sealant help or seal on a tube tire ? I like the idea

capt775 03-14-2008 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Unome

ORIGINAL: capt775
For my style of riding, the shocks seem to be fine too. I didn't even notice any of the ill handling problems last Summer when I went to the Dragon, so I don't think I'll be doing the RideStraight or any of those type devises, but then again, I don't push it hard. I'm not going to try to make it do things it wasn't designed to do. Would be like puttin saddle bags and a trunk on a Buell.
You mean like this? http://www.buell.com/en_us/bikes/adv...t/features.asp

[IMG]local://upfiles/18443/B62973CE407B4C9A8AC2610C9690B53C.jpg[/IMG]
Ok, ok, how bout, saddle bags and a trunk, on a, hmmmmmm, Hyabusa?

spike95 03-14-2008 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: 05 HD Deluxe

Spike95

Are your rims tubeless ? If not will the rideon tire sealant help or seal on a tube tire ? I like the idea
Yes itwill, andhaving tubed tires was my main motivation for getting it. It'll seal a hole up to 1/8" in diameter.

94Dan69 03-14-2008 07:30 PM

Spike I like the look of your bike and am curious how the upgrades work for you.
My wife and I may be riding down to Sugar Land from Pa to visit her mother late spring if we do maybe I'll pm you and hook up for a ride and to shoot some stories?

sharkey 03-14-2008 09:59 PM

Spike95; you're right about the floating rotors.....they allow a bit of side to side motion to always be square and even to the pad faces when getting on the brakes as well as handle the heat better. In brakes like mine they also allow different material to be used for the disc and the carrier. Other than ground clearance, if everything is tight and your suspension and tires are co-operating, you should get pretty good handling out of your softie.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32069/500DDD4A1EBA45138C83400865FE5851.jpg[/IMG]

spike95 03-15-2008 12:43 AM

ORIGINAL: 94Dan69

Spike I like the look of your bike and am curious how the upgrades work for you.
My wife and I may be riding down to Sugar Land from Pa to visit her mother late spring if we do maybe I'll pm you and hook up for a ride and to shoot some stories?
Definitely. I'm only about 15-20 minutes from Sugar Land. I might PM to pick your brain on the shovel too. My friend's shop had a slow winter and now he has to sell his ride. It's a '72 that is in excellent condition. He wants $6500 for it. I don't need to buy another bike, but I'm afraid I'll kick myself down the road if I pass it up. I love old iron.

Rebel Ryder 03-15-2008 08:16 AM

"pull the trigger" on the shovel! ;)

94Dan69 03-16-2008 05:29 AM

+1 On the Shovel, If it's in good to excellent shape. I'll keep ya posted on our trip when it gets a little closer.

Curt J 03-16-2008 07:29 AM

Spike, no offence intended but a "real seat" might be the best money spent to protect your compressed disc/back. Just a thought, I know your custom looks really cool, yet if your back is really a problem, you might want to change it out.

reefrider 03-16-2008 08:01 AM

Hey Spike,
I just went to floaters and Lyndall pads on the front of my Road king. I had a slight rotor warp/drag that I could feel when feathering the front breaks. Only 8k miles on them. I am not an agressive rider but do ride 2 up and loaded frequently. The stopping power seems equal to stock pads and not nearly the break dust. Time will tell on how they preform/ hold up. Thats a great lookin scoot ya got. Good luck with the upgrades.
RR