General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free advertising for the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:36 AM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Free advertising for the dealer

Could not have said it any better
ORIGINAL: Bluetoys

Jeesh.....
what a load of boo hooing BS.
most of us go to the dealers to get the shirts that say which shops we have visited. I wear my Battlefield HD with pride because I was there, I stopped in and looked around and bought a shirt to be a reminder of that part of my trip. When people ask about it, I can say I have been there, and that I went to the Gettysburg sites to see where the war was fought.
Another fun part of that trip was visiting the York factory. It was cool to see where they are made, and that shirt has the factory logo and location on it.
Just last friday, a guy I know saw my Beaver Falls, PA HD shirt and we had a great chat about how he was going to see his brother that lives out there. It made my day to hang out with another HD guy and swap stories.
I have many shirts like that. I bought one on ebay that I liked the front design- it is from a dealer in TX, that is one I have that I have not visited.
To me they are a way of showing pride in my interest in HDs, they are benchmarks to my travels, and sometimes I get to meet some great people when they ask about my shirt and if I had been there.
Another dealer shirt I have is of a good dealer that is no longer around, they got old and sold out to a new owner that changed the name. Now I have a piece of history that won't ever be again. kinda like wearing a football team's shirt after it has moved to a different city, it grandfathers your bragging rights. Like wearing a #8 Jr/bud shirt this year. Or a Kiss Destroyer concert shirt from Anaheim.
All I am saying is that you are not advertising for all those things, just that you had been a part of it.
I suppose a shirt with no logo can be found, or the dealer's name be covered or whatever, but maybe look at it as a reminder of where you have been and just be proud of the idea that you are a part of something that not all people understand.

I remember a time when the only way you could get a dealer shirt was to own a HD motorcycle, the public could only buy the ones without the dealer logo. I think he be a troll

Old 03-20-2008, 07:46 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

This has got to be one of the dumbest threads I've read in awhile. I can't believe we are arguing over T-shirts. Maybe it's time to get out and ride and not worry what your shirt says. Name calling over a T shirt thread will not be tolerated here.........at all. Get over it.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Bluetoys
Road Master

He didn't say for sure that he was, only that he thought he was a troll...

Old 03-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Bluetoys
Road Master

but the going riding thing is prolly the best suggestion I have heard so far. [sm=biker2.gif][sm=closed.gif]

Old 03-20-2008, 08:08 AM
guitarman777
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

Get over it. Just ride.
+1

Old 03-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

This has got to be one of the dumbest threads I've read in awhile. I can't believe we are arguing over T-shirts. Maybe it's time to get out and ride and not worry what your shirt says. Name calling over a T shirt thread will not be tolerated here.........at all. Get over it.
Ya think so, Terry? How DARE you come on here and try to put some order to this here "arguement"!!!

Hey, EZ, (lighten up jus' a bit) my "shirt" can beat up your "shirt" Na Na Na NANA!
I keep tellin' ya, folks. This is what happens when you don't get all the lumps out of your oatmeal in the mornin'. Just flat butt causes problems for the "whole" day.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:11 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My shirts are limited to something on the shirt that is representative of the area. Smokey Mtn HD has the dragon, Savannah HD has a leprican and shamrock, St Augustine has a gator ridin a bike, Singapore, Malasia, idonesia have something that represents the area, etc.... If it's just a run of the mill shirt with the dealer name, I don't buy one. I have two shirts the Harley-Davidson over the left front pocket, one on the back says "Honk, If you have never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley" the other on the back says "Hang Up N Drive". Those two say it all.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:12 AM
69z28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you find a $25 t shirt?

Old 03-20-2008, 08:15 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

dealers all have shirts without their logo. if the shirt has a H-D part number it won't have the dealer logo. i have several dozen dealer shirts that have never been worn because going there was a once in a lifetime experience and i don't want them to wear out. i have a few that are worn weekly but can be readily replaced. on the other hand i won't take delivery of a new car or truck until the dealer removes their stickers. LOL.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:18 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Terry1955

+ 1 what a stupid way to start the day..... total waste -

my advice: don't buy the tee-shirt, but, don't rag me for wearing one!

Quick Reply: Free advertising for the dealer