General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free advertising for the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:35 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Free advertising for the dealer

I think there is a large portion of 'enthusiasts' that like purchasing things with the dealerships logo on it as a souvenir. Jackets, T-shirts, scarves ... you name it! I have many, myself .... with and without logos. I have never come across a dealership that didn't offer both.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Todd T
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I rode today and the leftfront of my shirt reads :Teds motorcycle world Alton, IL

Old 03-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Bluetoys
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, just got back from a 100 miler after work. now, where were we...?

Old 03-20-2008, 06:21 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ezriderpgh

Wow people, really didn't mean to p*ss anyone off but I wont sit back and be attacked either. It was just a simple observation and request that if anyone knew a dealer that had shirts without their name on them to pass it along. It's great that people want shirts that show where they have been, but do you think anyone actually cares about where you been? Doubt it. But it is nice to show what moco you support. I live in Steeler country but I surely wouldn't pay for or wear a Steeler jersey with Bob's Sporting Goods plastered on the back. Anyone that want to get personal over a thread needs mental help.....but i'm guessing most of you knew that already from experience.[8D]

Even if you are a troll: I agree with you. It'd be nice if a dealer would have some shirts without a dealer name and some with. A lot of people here seem to be really wrapped up in showing off where they've been although I'm with you, I could give a sh^t what harley dealer anyone has been to. Does'nt impress me in the least but I guess it does impress some.Kinda like some states that let car dealers attach dealer names to cars. Saw a Lexus one time with a dealer name on it. On a $50,000 car. But some here would probably be proud of it.
And you'd better get used to the "if you don't like it buy a Honda" crap. Yeah,it never makes any sense and I don't know why so many seem to think that's such a brilliant ripost but if you don't worship everything about HD your gonna hear about it.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:22 PM
akenaten
Banned

Go ahead and flame away ....yeah I know .I'm an a$$h@le....[sm=icon_blah.gif]

Old 03-20-2008, 06:56 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[8D]
ORIGINAL: akenaten

ORIGINAL: ezriderpgh

Wow people, really didn't mean to p*ss anyone off but I wont sit back and be attacked either. It was just a simple observation and request that if anyone knew a dealer that had shirts without their name on them to pass it along. It's great that people want shirts that show where they have been, but do you think anyone actually cares about where you been? Doubt it. But it is nice to show what moco you support. I live in Steeler country but I surely wouldn't pay for orwear a Steeler jersey with Bob's Sporting Goods plastered on the back. Anyone that want to get personal over a thread needs mental help.....but i'm guessing most of you knew that already from experience.[8D]

Even if you are a troll: I agree with you. It'd be nice if a dealer would have some shirts without a dealer name and some with. A lot of people here seem to be really wrapped up in showing off where they've been although I'm with you, I could give a sh^t what harley dealer anyone has been to. Does'nt impress me in the least but I guess it does impress some.Kinda like some states that let car dealers attach dealer names to cars. Saw a Lexus one time with a dealer name on it. On a $50,000 car. But some here would probably be proud of it.
And you'd better get used to the "if you don't like it buy a Honda" crap. Yeah,it never makes any sense and I don't know why so many seem to think that's such a brilliant ripost but if you don't worship everything about HD your gonna hear about it.
"If you don't worship everything about HD you're gonna hear about it"

True, that's another thread tho![sm=badidea.gif]Well, I am sorry but I worship nobody or no thing but I will stop here before I say how I really feel.[8D]

Old 03-20-2008, 07:02 PM
xcelr8
Road Master

Most all HD dealers sell shirts. jackets, vests, etc. w/o the dealer name. They can be viewed on the harley website.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,834 Likes on 5,286 Posts

You can find them but
The dealer name on it is the point as you bounce around your shirts show your path.I have HD shirst from all over
Just another part of the HD thing

Old 03-20-2008, 07:17 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: akenaten

Go ahead and flame away ....yeah I know .I'm an a$$h@le....[sm=icon_blah.gif]

guess I aint got nuttin to add!

Old 03-20-2008, 08:56 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member