General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crotch Rocket Really Pissed me off!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 06:58 PM
FatHogRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crotch Rocket Really Pissed me off!

Stop jumping to conclusions Einstein; I have been riding for a very long time, crotch rockets included. I am very aware of my surroundings and saw him from a very far distance and before you know it he was right next to me... I did anticipate him passing me but not to slow down to my speed right next to me in MY lane.

Don't know why I even respond to you seem like you are trolling, looking to **** off posters... Am I correct to think you have and do this as well? That would a good explanation as to why you would seemingly defend his actions...Maybe you need to re-examine your posting manners and get a better understanding as to what is acceptable while riding.
[sm=icon_beat.gif]

oh the nerve of that guy on the rocket, yknow, being all polite and everything, nodding to say hello. wtf is that crap? he's on a _different brand of bike_ so he shouldn't greet you in a friendly way, as though there were some kind of connection between motorcyclists or something... hahaha. dam.
[/quote]

Did you even read the opriginal post? He's pissed off because the rocket pilot was IN HIS LANE and he didn't expect him to be there. It has nothing to do with the brand. And it certainly was NOT being polite. I'd be mighty pissed off if it happened to me (and it HAS). That's just plain dangerous. I have waved riders by me, in my lane, when on a two lane, double yellow line, road, but only when it was SAFE for both of us.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

[/quote]

yeah, i got that. maybe i'm jaded or something, as we share lanes here and getting passed or passing is pretty normal, even in the same lane.

actually, it sounds like the rocket hung back and got acknowledgment before passing. seems right safe and polite to me. its not like the guy blew past the original poster with a 20mph delta on one wheel or anything.

the OP could take this experience as chance to reexamining their general awareness. bikes dont just come out of nowhere. prob a more useful excersize than just getting pissed off.

[/quote]

Old 04-01-2008, 07:26 PM
danny1940
Cruiser

Short version of a long story. My wife and I are towing a boat north on 301 in Maryland. Two crotch rockets blow by me doing 100-110. then two more and two more until finally the last two go flying by. I say to my wife that guylooks like he can't control the bike and is going to kill himself. Five minutes later all traffic stops and our boy lost it hit the guard rail and proceeded to slice himself in half. I just happened to be at the front of the traffic and got to witness the police, emt's, etc clean him off the side of the road. At that moment I was seriously planning to never ride again. Riding is a great past time or however you want to define it. Riding still has to be respected no matter what type of bike. I still get weird when I think about this kid and his family. Dan

Old 04-01-2008, 07:28 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: FatHogRider

Stop jumping to conclusions Einstein; I have been riding for a very long time, crotch rockets included. I am very aware of my surroundings and saw him from a very far distance and before you know it he was right next to me... I did anticipate him passing me but not to slow down to my speed right next to me in MY lane.

Don't know why I even respond to you seem like you are trolling, looking to **** off posters... Am I correct to think you have and do this as well? That would a good explanation as to why you would seemingly defend his actions...Maybe you need to re-examine your posting manners and get a better understanding as to what is acceptable while riding.
[sm=icon_beat.gif]
really? i jump to conclusions? im just reading what you wrote. here, ill remind you.

ORIGINAL: FatHogRider
I was to the left of my lane and all the sudden their was some kid on a crotch rocket 1-2 feet away from me! He looked at me and gave me the nod to say hello and then took off weaving in and out of traffic...
so first he was there, 'all the sudden', but _now_ you change your story so you 'saw him from a very far distance'.

ok, whatever.

so by your now revised description of what you claim happened, he was moving much faster than you were, slowed to pass you, gave a friendly nod, and moved on.

somehow, it doenst seem like that much to get pissed about.

feel free to resort to name calling, like 'Einstein' or 'troll' if you cant actually maintain convincing line of reasoning. people around here really can spot that a mile away.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:34 PM
loopspurs
Novice

Sorry about your experience. Don't blame the bike -- it is the rider. It may not have been a kid, either. I ride a sportbike, when not with mygal on the cruiser. I'm over50. I knowseveral others of my age that ride sportbikes (cops, mostly). Very smooth, very fast.100+ in traffic is not unusual.A twitch gets you 125.Kicks-in the Adrenalin. It is quite easy tocatch-up toother riders. But, respecting other riders is a must.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:37 PM
FreestateXL
Cruiser

It ain't just sportbikes....my wife and I were riding staggered on a two lane highway, a couple of mph above the speed limit. This JACKASS on a FatBoy with CA plates split between us....we caught up with a long line of traffic, and I pulled up beside him to ask WTF??? and he wouldn't even look over. I hope he stays out on his side of the frickin country- Did I say JACKASS???????

rant over..

Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 PM
staedtler
6th Gear

how do you know it was a kid?...not wearing a helmet? flip flops and tank top?
were you on a freeway? which line were you on?... right, middle...left? was there a free lane at your side?...was there a lot of traffic no where to pass?...were you under the limit?...were you on a two lane road w/double yellows?... was a straigt road...a canyon? blind turns?...

too many things up in the air to really tell....for what i can tell he was polite, and didn't just fly by u... he slowed down for you to acknowledge him, "asked permission" to go by you, and then moved on...

Old 04-01-2008, 08:40 PM
FatHogRider
Cruiser

Hi All,

Here is a little more details for those who are interested. It pissed me off but I really had not gotten too mad until I heard from some of the other posters on this board of their experiences... Down right scary!

I was on the left lane, far left side. Traffic was not too heavy and I just had passed a car in the right. I noticed the bike way back right before I passed the car. When I say I noticed the bike I mean I saw a single light far away and assumed it was a bike. Right after I passed the car, the bike appeared on my right. I would say he was in the center while I was again still in the far left.

I know it was a younger rider as I could see a large portion of his face through his clear shield on his full face helmet. I am sure he did not have any ill intentions, I do think he was being friendly. I just think it was not a wise thing to do. I’m sure I could have seen the color of his eyes, or reach out to tap his shoulder if I had wanted to, he was that close.

That is my story, I have no reason to exaggerate or embellish the details, and I hope to bring this thread back to some more rider experiences rather then the validly and facts of my experience. I am not looking for anything; I just wanted to share something of my ride on a rider board.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:58 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sharkeydude

The one thing you have to remember is, even though these bozos ride recklessly, they are very aware of their surroundings and do this all the time.
how it is around here . Those lil bastards can ride , I'll give em that . But I do agree with the poster , I wouldn't want one just blasting up beside me nod or no nod

Old 04-01-2008, 10:04 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

ORIGINAL: sharkeydude

The one thing you have to remember is, even though these bozos ride recklessly, they are very aware of their surroundings and do this all the time.
how it is around here . Those lil bastards can ride , I'll give em that . But I do agree with the poster , I wouldn't want one just blasting up beside me nod or no nod
I would'nt and don't like it when they get up next to me because they do scare the living s**t out of me. Just sayin' they know what they are doing and what reaction they'll get from us. In my case a not so friendly middle finger and the thought that when I see them on their *** a mile or two down the road I may not stop. JMOFO. I guess if the poster didn't want comments he should'nt have posted in the first place.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Nomad X
Road Warrior

Just got to freeze and keep the nerves of steel going. I've had a number of the rice rockets blast by me out of nowhere,but if you get spooked by a rocket,car crash,etc,got to keep your eyes on the road. If not,could go BAM!

Quick Reply: Crotch Rocket Really Pissed me off!