General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a Biker

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 01:36 PM
DesertBum
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a Biker

I recieved this in an email, don't know who the author is/was but thought it was well said. If this is a repost sorry....

JUST A BIKER

I saw you, hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line. But you didn't see me put an extra $10.00 in the collection plate last Sunday.

I saw you pull your child closer when we passed each other on the sidewalk. But you didn't see me playing Santa at the local Mall.

I saw you change your mind about going into the restaurant when you saw my bike parked out front. But you didn't see me attending a meeting toraise more money for the hurricane relief.

I saw you roll up your windowand shake your head when I rode by. But you didn't see me riding behind you when you flicked your cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you frown at me when I smiled at your children. But you didn't see me, when I took time off from work to run toys to the homeless.

I saw you stare at my long hair. But you didn't see me and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of Love.

I saw you roll your eyes at ourleather jackets and gloves. But you didn't see me and my brothers donate our old ones to those that had none.

I saw you look in fright at my tattoos. But you didn't see me cry as my children where born or have their name written over and in my heart.

I saw you change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere. But you didn't see me going home to be with my family.

I saw you, complain about howloud and noisy our bikes can be. But you didn't see me when you were changing the CD and drifted into my lane.

I saw you yelling at your kids in the car. But you didn't see me pat my child's hands knowing she was safe behind me.

I saw you reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road. But you didn't see me squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take the next turn.

I saw you race down the road in the rain. But you didn't see me get soaked to the skin so my son could have the car to go on his date.

I saw you run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time. But you didn't see metrying to turn right.

I saw you cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in. But you didn't see me leave the road.

[b][font=verdana][color=maroon][size=5]
I saw you, waiting impatiently for my friends to pass. But you didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you go home t

Old 04-10-2008, 01:47 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Just a Biker

That's awesome. I'm going to flood the email waves when I get home. And maybe they'llpass it on to someone who could get some good out of it.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Bodyshot1
Road Captain

amen

Old 04-10-2008, 02:08 PM
real7jake
Tourer

Very nice, I'll be sure to spread it around. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:12 PM
LdyMjo
Tourer

I've seen this--like it--think I'll share it with my mom !

Old 04-10-2008, 02:13 PM
cbigbie191
Road Master

This needs to be printed in every newspaper in the country. If anyone still reads them. I will be e-mailing this around.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:42 PM
Novice
Tourer

I've read it here a few times but always enjoying reading it again. Will forward to some others.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:46 PM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well said

Old 04-10-2008, 02:51 PM
damnitj
Advanced

Amen and Amen

Old 04-10-2008, 11:34 PM
dano1200R
Cruiser

Nice. But we'll always be preaching to the choir.

Quick Reply: Just a Biker