General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My service manager does not like me....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:58 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RE: My service manager does not like me....

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Roadjunkie1

Date a mechanic
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Sooo not the answer.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Don't you know that the mechanic's wifes car is always the clunker?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Just like I married a&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;contractor and my house is the worst on the street.
No blue, the MECHANIC'S car is the POS. The wife's car is in great condition. Well, at least in a HAPPY marriage!

Old 07-08-2008, 10:30 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,105 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Don`t take&nbsp\\;NO for an answer.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Make the dude tow the mark.&nbsp\\;Better him be POed than you, a paying customer!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: ebeattie

Date a mechanic
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Sooo not the answer.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Don't you know that the mechanic's wifes car is always the clunker?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Just like I married a&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;contractor and my house is the worst on the street.
No blue, the MECHANIC'S car is the POS. The wife's car is in great condition. Well, at least in a HAPPY marriage!
&nbsp\\;
No...The mechanics wife gets the cars he takes by liens that he says are great [&:]&nbsp\\; I keep telliing Hubby our house should be his showcase...don't seem to work though[:@]

Old 07-09-2008, 12:02 AM
ToddRx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least your service guy didn't say "Yes it really will take an hour of labor to change that tire for you...so we'll see you at about 12:45?" Which happened to be about 40 minutes from the current time!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

ORIGINAL: ebeattie

Date a mechanic
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Sooo not the answer.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Don't you know that the mechanic's wifes car is always the clunker?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Just like I married a&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;contractor and my house is the worst on the street.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
No...The mechanics wife gets the cars he takes by liens that he says are great [&:]&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I keep telliing Hubby our house should be his showcase...don't seem to work though[:@]
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Sorry Bluerose
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Was trying to add a bit of levity to your situation.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I wouldn't take what the service manager did personally.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Most likely he is an azzhole to the rest of his customers too.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Hope it all works out.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; You did the right thing.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:20 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Most of my service experiences have been good, however I took the glide in for service one time and had 2 scratches I asked them to touch-up. Showed them to the service manager and he said no problem. Go to pick the bike up and they hadn't touched them up, service manager says the tech said he couldn't find the scratches, guess the manager couldn't take time to show him. Then they don't even offer to go ahead and do it. Just hand me my receipt and say have a good day.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-09-2008, 05:34 AM
88b
Tourer

I thought it was just Harley dealers in England, Do as everyone else said , cause a scene preferably when the shop is full of customers. Good luck

Old 07-09-2008, 07:37 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Any problems you think you are experiencing, are not "Problems". That's "normal" for an '08. Have you heard that before?

Old 07-09-2008, 07:39 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell the service manager you were hoping they would fix their screwups but since thats a low priority you will have to call corprate and BBB.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:48 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I quit using the dealership long ago.&nbsp\\; Found a competant indy, usually charges half the price, does great work, bike is finished when promised.&nbsp\\; Yeah he's probably right about using the brakes too much.&nbsp\\; You should stick your feet out like Fred Flintstone to stop.

Quick Reply: My service manager does not like me....