General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ Pass

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:52 PM
LRonHoover
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EZ Pass

It must help you sleep easy at night... knowing the local and state gov's know where and when you travel.

Nope, not paranoid....

Just like my privacy

Old 03-14-2006, 05:26 PM
DelcoDyna
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the PA Turnpike....and I called them on this. The only mount they accept for a scoot is on the windshield,

Neither of my bikes have a windshield.

When they first put in EZ pass the RED/GREEN indicator lights were iffy, at best, both on my scoot and in my cage,

With the SLIP Ramps, the lights are slow and doing the speed limit you are often through them before the light changes.

The high speed lanes (at Mid County) give no indication at all.

BTW...EZ Pass Registered to scoots do get a discount.

Old 03-14-2006, 06:34 PM
sbolt
Advanced

I got the MC version after I collected all the violations from Delaware and Maryland on the Daytona run. The folks at the Turnpike were helpful on the phone and told me about the 2 wheel discount. I'll try the tool roll ( label side down, as you would on the glass of the cage) and post my results.

Old 03-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: LRonHoover

It must help you sleep easy at night... knowing the local and state gov's know where and when you travel.

Nope, not paranoid....

Just like my privacy
I think you are! You jump on every occasion to point these things out.[:@] I could not care less who knows I went down the thruway, you or the man.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:18 PM
sbolt
Advanced

Hey my thread got hijacked. We rant about safety, right? Staying alive and not being a sitting target rooting for a ticket and change is more important to me me than some perception of privacy. Frankly, so is the convenience of not having to stop. If dark forces want to know where and when i am, they can look at my cell phone, if they want to know how fast I'm going they can look at my EZPass. I think it ironic in the extreme to gripe about technology on an internet chat group, but maybe that's just me.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:30 PM
molsenice
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never knew I could get on for my motorcycle - need to contact ez pss - only time I usaed it, pulled it out of the jcket pocket and waved it - worked fine

Old 03-14-2006, 07:36 PM
sbolt
Advanced

check with your provider, but PA offers a discount, so it must be programmed differently. I finally wised up when it did not read through my leather jacket ( monster Fox Creek) or the windshield so on the fourth toll I did the wave. But there are some high speed places, in PA and Delaware where you might not want to take your hands off the bars at 65 ....

Old 03-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

Hey my thread got hijacked. We rant about safety, right? Staying alive and not being a sitting target rooting for a ticket and change is more important to me me than some perception of privacy. Frankly, so is the convenience of not having to stop. If dark forces want to know where and when i am, they can look at my cell phone, if they want to know how fast I'm going they can look at my EZPass. I think it ironic in the extreme to gripe about technology on an internet chat group, but maybe that's just me.

(in reply to Snarly)

You should reply to the one your really replying to. I copied and pasted the above in here to show you that it looks like you mean me. Lronhoover is the one who hijacked your thread. Send you reply to him, thank you.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:03 PM
RoadRunner1
Cruiser

Kess, I get the no read at the Delaware Valley and Philadelphia exits. I thought that it was a defective transponder(it was new) and went to the office in Camden. The checked it and it was working properly. They said that they have a lot of problems with no read from bikes that have a NJ registered EZ Pass. The mis-match read could be the cause. The PA system thinks weight while the NJ Tag is for Axle. ?????

Old 03-14-2006, 09:58 PM
LRonHoover
Banned

ORIGINAL: Snarly

ORIGINAL: LRonHoover

Nope, not paranoid....

Just like my privacy
I think you are! You jump on every occasion to point these things out.[:@] I could not care less who knows I went down the thruway, you or the man.
Gee.. I'm happy for ya

Quick Reply: EZ Pass